Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suleyman

doom builder

I was working on a doom maps but after I reopened the doom builder all the map progresses were gone but I saved everything. I have backup files how do I open them?

Just now, bioshockfan90 said:

change the .bak format to .wad by renaming and open it in doombuilder again

how I do that? which software to look? and it says it saves but it doesn't so I always loose my progress...not sure if I should trust doom builder anymore

it's just using the default file explorer, look at the backup files, right click "rename" and change the file extension at the end to .wad

doom builder is a very trust-able program, a couple of tips to make sure your map saves is to save often, don't have doombuilder and SLADE open at the same time, don't have multiple copies of doombuilder open, etc.... it could just be a simple error on your part

either way, once you get the backups working i wouldn't expect much progress to be saved on them so it's just another lesson learned!

46 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

it's just using the default file explorer, look at the backup files, right click "rename" and change the file extension at the end to .wad

doom builder is a very trust-able program, a couple of tips to make sure your map saves is to save often, don't have doombuilder and SLADE open at the same time, don't have multiple copies of doombuilder open, etc.... it could just be a simple error on your part

either way, once you get the backups working i wouldn't expect much progress to be saved on them so it's just another lesson learned!

it seems like backup file has everything I have worked on so it's all good...thanks for the good tips to prevent errors, I'll keep an eye on them to avoid errors.. I am going to work on map3 since I have both maps saved, imagine if this happened when you had 32 maps finished...it would be even more stressful than I could think

I am able to open the wad but how can I convert it from backup file type to wad file? it functions just good as wad but it says backup not wad

nevermind I got it working with help from someone helpful! everything is on right track now so no need to stress anymore

Another thing is saving your most recent works into a ZIP or 7Z after closing the editor.