Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pegleg

Secret areas on the map that don't indicate they're secret during play?

I have a map. I marked some sectors in the map (some small rooms, some larger rooms) as Secret. While playing the level, when I go through the room, it doesn't display the message "A secret has been revealed." However, during the tally at the end of the level, the percentage of secrets indicates that I did find them, so they're being recorded as secrets.

This is a minor issue, but one that I'd like to figure out. Why do the secrets not present the "A secret is revealed message" when they're found, even though thy're evidently being recognized as secrets? I'm using Eureka.

Happy New Year everyone!

What port are you playing on? Would suggest checking the settings -- the message accompanying secret discovery can usually be turned off and on. Sounds like that's the issue, rather than a mapping one. 

Happy New Year.

15 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Why do the secrets not present the "A secret is revealed message" when they're found, even though thy're evidently being recognized as secrets?

Either because you are using a source port without that non-vanilla feature (Chocolate Doom, for example) or because, while it’s actually supported by your source port, that feature is disabled (PrBoom-Plus, for example).

On 12/31/2017 at 7:57 PM, rdwpa said:

What port are you playing on? Would suggest checking the settings -- the message accompanying secret discovery can usually be turned off and on. Sounds like that's the issue, rather than a mapping one. 

Happy New Year.

On 12/31/2017 at 8:03 PM, Litrivin said:

Either because you are using a source port without that non-vanilla feature (Chocolate Doom, for example) or because, while it’s actually supported by your source port, that feature is disabled (PrBoom-Plus, for example).

I was playing in Chocolate Doom because I was aiming for a vanilla map. I'll check that. Thanks.

I know by default, the message appears in GZDoom port & anything later. Chocolate Doom don't have one. DosBox version of the game didn't have one & since Chocolate Doom IS basically dosbox version imitated, you get the point.

On Boom, however, it can be done somehow.