Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

[released] Doomworld Mega Project 2018 (beat your own map)

On 4/10/2018 at 5:36 AM, CarboxylicAcids said:

Here is my slaughter map submission 

-demo is included

Map name: Amide Linkage

Tested with: prboom+

compatibility : boom (complevel 9)

download and demo :Amidelinkage.zip

time taken : 1 day 

Sky texture used is stock doom texture , the firelava textures give a really nice hell-like effect 

Screenshot:

doom34.png.f48eea2a9dfbcdaea1137ba87921b630.png

Awesome map. Only thing that is probably bad is the fact that doing it quickly requires using the invul to hit that switch, and hitting it in time, or while leaving enough invul left over to use it efficiently, is unreliable while being jostled around by so much stuff. Something to keep in mind for future maps. 

Architecture is very well done. Looks fresh to me. Really good use of stock textures.
Map is pretty hard in some places and makes you see the danger in every corner. I was kill myself by a rocket in a room with blue key at first attempt, and no save a demo... In general, really cool work.

Blue_4-5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_4-5.png - Detailing (4 / 5)
Blue_3-5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_4-5.png - Atmosphere (4 / 5)
Orange_3-5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_4-5.png - In my collection (4 / 5)

heyo

looking back through Northern Powerhouse in the editor I've noticed a teleporter ambush has become unattached from the map in terms of sound - there's no way of triggering it. without edits the map is impossible to max. WITH edits the map is only mostly impossible to max :)))

(joining sectors 1247 and 795 would fix it)

i'm not petitioning against the "no edits" rule cos I realize this is solely my fault, but I'm wondering if the maps will receive a final pass before being released?

12 hours ago, yakfak said:

looking back through Northern Powerhouse in the editor I've noticed a teleporter ambush has become unattached from the map in terms of sound - there's no way of triggering it. without edits the map is impossible to max.

i'm not petitioning against the "no edits" rule cos I realize this is solely my fault, but I'm wondering if the maps will receive a final pass before being released?

36 minutes ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I think you know the answer :)
(no edits at all)

Too bad, since someone is inevitably going to complain that the map "can't be maxed," but I understand ToD's stance.

Ultimately, I would be shocked if yakfak's map ends up being the only map with some sort of unfixed error that slipped through the cracks.

Sorry to say - I'm backing out of this one. I've decided I would rather use the map for my own megawad as it is architecturally appropriate.

2 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

Sad to see only 5 submissions at this time...

Gee, if you've been following previous DMP threads submissions usually come during the last 3-4 months of the year, so nothing to worry (yet).

Actually I need to finish my own mapset first. There is 2 and half levels needs to be done + improving. I have a plenty ideas for DWMP2018, I even have the cool name for it.

Also to warn players, existing bugs can be specified in txt file which comes with the wad. If someone have significant bugs in their map.

14 hours ago, Catpho said:

Gee, if you've been following previous DMP threads submissions usually come during the last 3-4 months of the year, so nothing to worry (yet).

That's true enough, but @DanielAlexander has a point that after 5 months (22 weeks, this will be meaningful later), this CP only has 5 submissions.

If you go back and look at past DMPs, you'll find there were far more submissions at this point.

2013: 21 (the OP in this one was posted in mid-July, so the equivalent percentage of the year completed would be early October, around 10 or 11 weeks)

2014: 9

2015: 13

2016: 7 (the OP for this one was in mid-September, so the equivalent percentage of the year completed would have been around Halloween, so just 6 or 7 weeks later)

2017: 21

I left out 2012, because it didn't list a date the map was submitted or link to a post and I didn't want to go through 9 pages of the thread to count the links. If anyone is industrrious enough to go page by page through the threads and finds that these numbers are wrong, that's fine. I think that they are, at the very least, close to accurate.

There were a number of people that complained about the rules. You could say that that is the reason for fewer submissions, but scifista's DOP CP Doomworld Omega Project has a much more relaxed rule set and that CP currently has 1 submission. So, I don't think the lack of submissions is down to dissatisfaction with ToD's rules.

Maybe it's like Catpho said, there will just be a flurry in the last third or quarter (or month) of the year.

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

Also to warn players, existing bugs can be specified in txt file which comes with the wad. If someone have significant bugs in their map.

That's not a bad idea, especially given the one submission rule. That way, if someone does find a game-breaking bug or a bug preventing you from maxing a level or something else, there will be a way to warn players in advance.

Edited by Pegleg : Replace DOP CP with Doomworld Omega Project to eliminate confusion.

16 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

Sad to see only 5 submissions at this time...

And think about the other (unofficial) version: 

this made me think that I still made nothing for it...

36 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

this made me think that I still made nothing for it...

I know what you mean. I intend to make something for both. I'm just a very slow mapper and I can only work on maps in short bursts of time sporadically.

But I will get both of them finished by the deadlines.

If people are getting freaked out about the rules, I would suggest just making a simpler map without spending too much time on it so that you won't be too annoyed if there ends up being bugs in it. The final compilation is going to be pretty cool with every mapper showing how to beat their own map in a demo and the more mappers the better.

I started a map in january but I gave up. So I made an another joke-slaughter map instead. :) I have to do some corrections but everything is doable.

DOWNLOAD (v1)

Update of my map , the v1 can't be launched on  DOS due to a strange error message and also has a little VPO area. The V2 makes the map DOS compatible but my demo can't be played on it.

DOWNLOAD (v2)

Edit : Oops , I forgot the rule 2. I don't know if it's possible to keep the v2 even if I did my demo on the v1 considering I edited my map just after recording my demo in order to not have to do an another. My map will be limit-removing instead of vanilla if not possible.

Spoiler

Author: Roofi

Map name: Messy bedroom
Difficulty : Hard

Compatibility: Vanilla

Playtesting: Vanilla , prboom+

Allow jumping and\or crouching: NO

Skill settings: Yes

Build time: 2 days

Tools used: GZDoom Builder & Slade3

Music track: Nightwish - She's my sin

Bugs: some items are a bit floating but I'm too lazy to correct them for now.

Comments: I got a lot of inspiration from my bedroom , especially concerning the items placement.

doom294.png

doom293.png

Edited by Roofi

On 1/16/2018 at 9:33 AM, Phobus said:

Anybody else started on this, yet? I've decided to revist the Broundry theme for a section of my map. This area might even be vanilla compatible, but the map will be limit-removing by the time I'm done with it.

tDKwUuu.jpg

The plan was to chain four small maps together here and make one generously sized map. However, I finished the first segment and moved onto something else for what looks like six months, so I've decided to cull the plan and just submit the first section, which is a nice easy MAP01 sort of set-up. I've done a no-secrets demo with 100% kills, to fit the rules but keep some of the more exciting bits to be discovered. I'll concede that it's a crap demo which shows I barely use prboom+ at all.

Broundry 2

Build Time: 6 hours

Author: James "Phobus" Cresswell

Demo Time: 4 minutes and 41 seconds in the map

My map's called SPASE BASE, I based it off e1m1 and has similar difficulty. Build time was around 2-3 hours.

Vanilla map, tested in Chocolate Doom and PrBoom+

Demo recorded with PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, just a quick run-through on HMP

Music is a midi of Jump by Van Halen

Has coop and DM starts

Download: SPASEBASE.wad.zip

guEZqum.png

rfpIhzV.png

Edited by Garbage : we all make mistakes

Sure somebody here really likes COMPSTA textures...

Dumb jokes aside, map looks nice, garbage!

Progress of my map.

If you look carefully, you can find spectre here.
EZSd6Pb.png

Toilet waste made from sky...
y1924kY.png

Inside the "Skin tower"
rfRnaiJ.png

Edited by riderr3

Well, here is my map.
DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oy23471roy4r79c/hofmcity.zip

"Heart of Monstrocity" by riderr3
For Doomworld Mega Project 2018.

Advanced engine needed: Boom
Music: Pantera - This Love.mid
Single Player: Designed for
Cooperative: Players starts only
Deathmatch: Players starts only
Demo: yes
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: 25 days
Editor(s) used: GZDoomBuilder-bugfix, SLADE3, WadSpy
Tested With: PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4 with complevel 9
Bugs: Not found, at least on few runs
Description: City-themed map where you'll have to visit each building and find ways to reach skin tower.