Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Misjudged Massacre - Progress Download Available. (Hotfix v3 ready))

Looking through the window... as if to check whether this is dead. (Spoiler alert: it isn't. MAP06 is nearing completion!)

Screenshot_Doom_20190906_123304.png

Probably my last post on this site in a while. Will comment no further on the subject, will not respond to further questions on the subject, but I feel like I owe at least the public release of this, so I do unveil it to the public:

MAP01 - MAP04 pretty much finished, barring an awkward bug on MAP04 which renders the surprise pinky trap after the yellow key completely underwhelming. MAP05 started... well, if one can call that a start. I did put an exit so you can carry over to 6. MAP06 half finished. It's somewhat completable but not fully realized. Lacks an exit but you can get all the keys I planned on it.

Enjoy. Palette from Cereal Killer. Category 1, blind. Full vanilla, tested in Choco.

misju.zip

Edited by NaZa

On 1/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, NaZa said:

It won't be a very difficult WAD, kinda Hell Revealed tier.

> HR

> Not difficult

> okay

(This is a joke, I understand not all maps are for everyone)

21 hours ago, Pechudin said:

> HR

> Not difficult

> okay

(This is a joke, I understand not all maps are for everyone)

Some Doomers can have an easy time with Hell Revealed. It all comes with skill. (Until MAP23. That's where it devolves into luck.) To me, it's not too difficult simply because it's my favorite wad. It has that something which some newer wads lack.

Yes, another post, because I fixed some glaring things with the compilation and gave it a "finishing" touch, after all. Nothing much changed. I just added CWILVs, an armor to MAP03, fixed dehacked map names, added a closing text and a few impassable lines after finding out a visplane overflow is indeed possible on MAP06 in an extremely unnoticeable site, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Most importantly, added an exit on MAP06 after the map becomes quite unfinished at the yellow door.

EDIT - HOTFIX INCLUDED: MAP06 remained unfinishable for myself forgetting to playtest it, so I hotfixed that and included a newer version of the title midi. Deleted the link for the previous version.

Link to "hotfix" deleted - see below

Edited by NaZa : Nicer wording.

Apologies, yet another hotfix. Cacodemons on MAP06 started above ground, rendering the boxed-in trap quite useless. Also, couldn't be completed in Choco Doom because of a lineaction blocking the exit linedef. Dummy me.

misju2.zip

That looks amazing! I was not able to understand if you intend to finish it or not, but I will definitely play and keep an eye on future updates

Edited by Noiser

Really enjoyed what's available so far, NaZa. Fun combat, dastardly traps, cool simplistic map designs and I like the subtle colour palette adjustment to it. I'd love to see it in a more finished state should you decide to make a couple more maps to cap it off. Also, best of luck/enjoy whatever it is you get up to during what will hopefully not be too long a break from the community. We'll see you when you get back, fam. :^)

Edited by Biodegradable

Thanks for the comments, guys. It turns out I had linked the wrong zip up there, as I did in fact update the WAD itself but not the ZIP file. Therefore, here's the "final" version, misju3.zip which actually contains misjudb3.wad with the various MAP06 fixes.