Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saxon

Reboot doom movie

Van dam, Arnold swarzts, or one of the old action hero guys as doom guy in new reboot doom movie or the whole thing shot in first person. Also another idea first vr doom movie. Yep

Well ya that's what makes me think they wouldn't be good for the role but doom guys is old and beat up and been thru allot

If Hollywood's going to take another attempt at a Doom movie, then they need to swallow their pride and acknowledge Hell in the movie. I don't care what demographic they think they're pandering to, Doom isn't Doom if Hell isn't in it. They tried to BS their way around it and it completely fell apart. All of the Doom games, even the obscure ones, acknowledge this core principle.

I can see it now...

A new Hallmark Channel made-for-TV-movie about a slovenly mancubus and a neat-freak hell knight trying to live together in a monster closet while waiting for Doomguy to walk on by. It will be called:

Doom 2 - The Wad Couple

Better idea, Revenant and a Mancubus living together. Boney and the Lard, they couldn't be more different. The Revenant with his outgoing in your face attitude towards the more laid back Mancubus that would prefer a good barbecue.

1 minute ago, MetroidJunkie said:

Better idea, Revenant and a Mancubus living together. Boney and the Lard, they couldn't be more different. The Revenant with his outgoing in your face attitude towards the more laid back Mancubus that would prefer a good barbecue.

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Well I think so, Lard, but wouldn't Archie be a bit annoyed if we dressed up like marines for the surprise party tonight?

James Cameron as the Director. The rock could come back as maybe an additional character, he fits the movie pretty well. Who would Doom guy be? No clue, but if they were to reboot the movie, it should be done with the same action, pacing, and atmosphere that was seen in Aliens, As well as introducing us to the Phobos facility at the beggining with some quick back story. Only problem is, your gonna have to add a lot more depth to the movie since you can't make it interesting with just killing shit in a cool first person camera. Thankfully though, Dooms story line can be flexible since of its lack of depth. Only several levels have strong input of storyline Or are memorable (E1M8, E1M1, E2M2, E2M8, E3M8) (Even then, some of these are just boss levels) This is a movie waiting to happen, only issue is that directors don't want to do the research themselves as well as putting their own creativity forward to help fill in several gaps that could make the story in the movie interesting, like maybe Doomguy could help some guys evacuate from Phobos? crawl through sewers to find something for a remaining squadron of marines? Maybe they could film with the kind of architecture we see in Knee Deep in ZDoom, using even its new enemies and locations that are most memorable for us. Anyway, thats my 2 cents, what do you guys think?

P.S. Knee deep in the Dead should just be 1 movie, same with the other episodes to help maintain creativity, establish thought out atmosphere, give intruiging storylines to each. Doom 2 however? 

I'd honestly rather Studio Asylum just do an Aliens ripoff, because that's what the 2005 Doom movie was like.

Most video game movie adaptations could be awesome if they just left the source material alone. But someone always gets overzealous and adds a SyFy Z-Movie plot line. Remind me why they get paid to write crap when there are struggling writers out there who actually know how to...write? How Hollywood is a sustainable business model at this point is beyond me, they must be using movies as a laundering front for their Eyes Wide Shut parties or something.

Far too many movie adaptations are ruined purely because the studio felt like screwing with the source material, you'd think they'd have learned by now. One of the most prominent examples is Dragonball Evolution. Happy go lucky pure of heart kid who's as dumb as rocks due to a lack of education but is always cheerful and ready for a fight? Let's make him an emo highschool student because every character has to be Edward Cullen, now.

Please let Schwartzenager be in it. Nothing says flop like involving him.

Better idea. No more video game movie adaptions.

Video games are an interactive artform. They rely on player input, and the reactions from the player as a result of their input. That reason alone is why 90% of video game movie adaptions suck ass. Most video games also have basic storylines that would be absolutely nothing special on the big screen and wouldn't capture the wider moviegoer audience. Or the storyline is completely butchered when it goes from an interactive experience to a movie that you sit and just watch.

The only time it's even remotely decent is when the game itself is largely story driven, not gameplay driven. Like Silent Hill. They even fucked that up though.

It's time to stop. (It won't stop.)

If they did do another doom movie it should be more like event horizon than old school bodybuilder action flick. I like the latter but I think something more like event horizon fits better, especially for cinema versus gameplay.

I always wanted and expected an eventual Doom 2 movie where the zombies and Imps actually reached the surface and then Reaper has to save the entire damn Earth and train his sister to be a badass like himself and they save the world together. Basically the Doom 2 plot but without Hell stuff (of course...) and with sidekick.

15 hours ago, Ichor said:

A new Hallmark Channel made-for-TV-movie about a slovenly mancubus and a neat-freak hell knight trying to live together in a monster closet while waiting for Doomguy to walk on by. It will be called:

Doom 2 - The Wad Couple

This by far, by far, the best pitch I've ever heard for a Doom flick. I'd watch that three times over before sitting through yet another B-grade sci-fi action flick.

Doom could also be a quite unique horror movie. I mean, ''Demon Invansion'', thats scary.

36 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

This by far, by far, the best pitch I've ever heard for a Doom flick. I'd watch that three times over before sitting through yet another B-grade sci-fi action flick.

I agree LOL , it would make a great comedy 

4 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Better idea. No more video game movie adaptions.

This.

They already have a history of being shit. Let games be games and movies be movies.

Ok guys I would love to see a movie with doom guy (doom Slayer) ripping and tearing thru demons smashing and kicking ass's non stop kick ass movie/movies from the science labs straight down into the deepest pits of hell just a total smash um up movie. I'd like to see lots of violence and blood. Kinda like the end of hard core Henry but the whole movie long. I just wanna see doom guy be badass. I'd like to see a doom movie with a nice big budget and it's gotta be a long movie 

Come on doom would make the perfect badass movie. But when Hollywood does it they need to remember the story should Stick to the basic doom stuff. a guy killing demons 

Edited by Saxon

Video game movie adaptations are pretty pointless nowadays. I could see a reason back when video games were too simplistic to carry themselves in a cinematic capacity and movies added a lot to the experience but, now, all a movie would do is remove an element (gameplay) without really adding anything to the table. You can just make a game that feels like a movie.

20160224-Uncharted-4-Story-Trailer-04.pn

Absolutely not. We don't need another substandard Doom movie with a butchered plot and ultra-inclusive nonsense that would make no sense being in the movie.

Actually, we want a movie that captures the true essence of Doom and not some dipshit where you put some random demons in unknown locations and only ONE actor in the leads.

On 1/3/2018 at 8:40 AM, Doominator2 said:

But those actors are like 70 years old.

They can still do the grunts trying to find secrets while some unknown actor plays Doomguy in a helmet. Arnold has great grunts.

On 03/01/2018 at 8:04 PM, MetroidJunkie said:

If Hollywood's going to take another attempt at a Doom movie, then they need to swallow their pride and acknowledge Hell in the movie. I don't care what demographic they think they're pandering to, Doom isn't Doom if Hell isn't in it. They tried to BS their way around it and it completely fell apart. All of the Doom games, even the obscure ones, acknowledge this core principle.

You. Are. Right. Mars and UAC experiments on those creatures were only counted as a secondary factor on the Doom universe.

Also, @Saxon The idea for a VR movie isn't that bad. At least you could enjoy yourself ripping and tearing the demons apart!