Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmickle66666666

Building a Doom level in Unity

Heya, I'm back with another blog post about my work on my Doom engine. This time I wrote about how I approached building and triangulating the levels. I actually used the same approach as Doom Builder 2, but much less successfully :) I don't mention it here but there are a lot of situations that still fail to build, so some levels are still incomplete.

https://medium.com/@jmickle_/build-a-model-of-a-doom-level-7283addf009f

I don't go into too many technical details here and over-simplified a lot of the Doom stuff cause I wanted it to be a more accessible read. 

In terms of my engine itself, I'm working on a few new features including the level entities, HUD and menus. I'd like to release and alpha build at some point but want to get it to a more fleshed out state before I do that.

This is the coolest thing, and thank you for writing about it in way that even I can understand. I'm really eager to see where this project goes.

As someone who's been heavily involved in learning Unity and improving personally within its use, I'm really looking forward to this. I can't wait to see more.