Building a Doom level in Unity

Heya, I'm back with another blog post about my work on my Doom engine. This time I wrote about how I approached building and triangulating the levels. I actually used the same approach as Doom Builder 2, but much less successfully :) I don't mention it here but there are a lot of situations that still fail to build, so some levels are still incomplete.

https://medium.com/@jmickle_/build-a-model-of-a-doom-level-7283addf009f

I don't go into too many technical details here and over-simplified a lot of the Doom stuff cause I wanted it to be a more accessible read. 

In terms of my engine itself, I'm working on a few new features including the level entities, HUD and menus. I'd like to release and alpha build at some point but want to get it to a more fleshed out state before I do that.

6 people like this

This is the coolest thing, and thank you for writing about it in way that even I can understand. I'm really eager to see where this project goes.

1 person likes this

As someone who's been heavily involved in learning Unity and improving personally within its use, I'm really looking forward to this. I can't wait to see more.