Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_42_

Doom Helps

At times, I may have mood swings and may feel depressed, stressed, overwhelmed, or just plain angry. But, to me, it feels as if whenever I play Doom, I feel great afterwards.

Now my question is, Is this the same with any one else or is it just me? 

Since Doom is pretty much my lifeblood, I'd say hell yes. I have this somewhat weird tradition of playing through Ultimate Doom (at the very least) every year on my birthday, and have dubbed it "Doomday." It's one day where my only care in the world is being the Doomguy and kicking ass. Very cathartic.

In a more general sense, listening to practically any music from Doom instantly makes me feel better. Prince is a genius and his music is like medicine for a stressed gamer's soul. I wish they'd put that Doom Music CD back in print so I could buy one.

Absolutely yes. Doom is a miracle worker for me when it comes to relieving stress or bring me to a better mood when I'm feeling down. Whether its after a long day of class or work; or getting very stressed out from other games, Doom is my go-to game to fix me up.

12 hours ago, _42_ said:

or just plain angry.

That's how I feel when I run into challenging fights and I keep dying over and over. But passing them feels so damn good and satisfying my whole mood changes afterwards into something much greater and better.

It's normal. There was a 1:56 run which cost me 7 hours. After finishing the run, I thought I'm stupid and I felt great at the same time.

DooM does put me into good mood during crappy days but I have to play something that is in the style of Id Software's map design since those are easy even on UV but still fun to play.