Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

popular web sites and applications review by zan-zan-zawa-veia

irc: 10/10 does everything I want it to without being annoying

doomedsda.us: the best website

twitch: 4/10 please stop telling me there's a new show featuring jeremy clarkson, i only want to know when he dies

twitter: 3/10 shadowmute is a really bad faith feature and everyone has already used it on me

discord: 2/10 doesn't do anything I want it to without being annoying;

the worst features of online chat and online forum culture combined without any compensation;

the least useful alert ever

my upstairs heater: 0/10, broken, my fingers are cold and it's half past ten

facebook: 0/10 filled with garbage superfluous features while the stuff i actually want to use doesnt work properly and i have to be spied on and subject to fake news because Zuckerberg is too busy making millions to care

Is it a coincidence that every fucking thing ever wants to be a social media platform? Where is all this motivation to create communities, notification systems, and constantly update the interface coming from? Why can't anything just be good at doing what you want it to do?

54 minutes ago, 40oz said:

Is it a coincidence that every fucking thing ever wants to be a social media platform? Where is all this motivation to create communities, notification systems, and constantly update the interface coming from? Why can't anything just be good at doing what you want it to do?

It's the modern version of having a forum.

If you recall, a lot of older sites had some pretty arbitrarily tacked-on forums.