Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SilverHawaiin

Doom 64 Intro in Soundgardens "Spoonman" Live on i5..?

Im confused as hell, Does Aubrey Hodges know about this or did he really partake? Listen to the intro, if you have even the most  basic hearing senses, You'd know that it sounds much to familiar to this...

Maybe this uncovers some hidden doom history? idk

In this thread, some guy realizes that the "strings" sample on one synthesizer sounds like the "strings" sample on another synthesizer.

i dunno, it's more than just the strings though. it's the same drum samples as well. considering the rest is live-recorded acoustic drums, it could be that they sampled it.

They sound similar but the Soundgarden song was recorded November 1996, Doom 64 was released March of 1997

6 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

They sound similar but the Soundgarden song was recorded November 1996, Doom 64 was released March of 1997

That intro tune was used on the PSX version of Doom in 1995 then on Final Doom in 1996 and then again in Doom 64 in 1997. That Soundgarden clip  from what i can tell is a live show and some bands like to use dramatic pieces of music to open a show with. Blink 182 and Greenday for example have both used the theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey in the past. It is most likely a case of that.   

21 minutes ago, PizzaGuy said:

That intro tune was used on the PSX version of Doom in 1995 then on Final Doom in 1996 and then again in Doom 64 in 1997. That Soundgarden clip  from what i can tell is a live show and some bands like to use dramatic pieces of music to open a show with. Blink 182 and Greenday for example have both used the theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey in the past. It is most likely a case of that.   

Oh neat. Yeah it sounds to me like that warm-up music you mention, since it's the first song in the set. I thought it might've been chosen by the venue but it seems like they've used the same intro on some other live shows as well.

4 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Oh neat. Yeah it sounds to me like that warm-up music you mention, since it's the first song in the set. I thought it might've been chosen by the venue but it seems like they've used the same intro on some other live shows as well.

Yeah , I had a quick look it seems 'Spoonman' is a track they used a lot as an opener.