Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lila Feuer

Doom 64 EX mouse turning issue

So I haven't launched or played Doom 64 EX since Nov '16 and just now I've noticed today that the mouse is protesting against me in a stuttering fashion when I try to turn left or right with it, effectively making it unusable. Nothing changed in-game or outside of the game, so I don't know if a Windows 10 update broke something or what but it's quite concerning.

Posted (edited)

Did you apply the W10 fix that was released a few months ago? https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/downloads/

Still playing D64 on W10 and it's fine here (well, I suppose it is anyway, since I'm playing with a partially broken mouse so I can't be 100% sure, but it behaves just like in any other game).

"haven't launched or played Doom 64 EX since Nov '16" - Yeah, I think that's what's missing, this patch.

Edited by Agent6

Oh shit, it got a fix? So this is a known issue then, I haven't followed the project in so long I wasn't sure if it was still receiving updates. I'll have to try that, thanks.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Oh shit, it got a fix? So this is a known issue then, I haven't followed the project in so long I wasn't sure if it was still receiving updates. I'll have to try that, thanks.

Yes indeed :) .

And it's still very much alive from what the author said a while ago in a post on the official page, where a new version was announced, was in active development, and an alpha build was even made available, but since he's super busy with other EX projects, D64 has become a low priority for the time being, but is still actively maintained by some of his friends.

Edited by Agent6