Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

If you are making a ZDoom (or another advanced port) compatible map, you can use DECORATE (or another advanced port specific feature) to add custom things without replacing stock ones. If you are making a vanilla or Boom compatible map, there is no way to add custom things without replacing stock ones.

11 hours ago, scifista42 said:

If you are making a ZDoom (or another advanced port) compatible map, you can use DECORATE (or another advanced port specific feature) to add custom things without replacing stock ones. If you are making a vanilla or Boom compatible map, there is no way to add custom things without replacing stock ones.

Thanks for a clarification.

I am interesting and have some ideas for a map for this project. To realized them i plan use the weapon Serpent Staff from Hexen.

Interesting stuff

I will be willing to map a huge slaughter map for this , I am gonna need a lot of cc4-textures for this and patience , although it's already halfway in its completion :) 

Beautiful map, Uni. It reminded me of maps like forest and the "hades house of horrors" series. I found a pair of really minor bugs, also I don't get how to reach the northwest area in the level without idclip. Played it with zandronum.

Well first of all, thank you for the compliment and thank you for playing!

Secondly, if you would like to share/showcase those "minor bugs", I would do my best to fix those in the next version.

Thirdly,

Spoiler

the northwest area is a secret area that I added for people who like to 100% their stats and as a little easter egg. You'll have to be really stubborn to reach there by your own.

So, I've found out that my map will need some amount of custom work, that include monsters, weapons, decorations, etc.

I'm thinking about mixing up some enemies together for get maximum efficiency and harder experience.

Just like if you'll merge Pain Elemental with Caco you probably will get this:

ZURVTSR.png

1 hour ago, CWolf said:

So, I've found out that my map will need some amount of custom work, that include monsters, weapons, decorations, etc.

I'm thinking about mixing up some enemies together for get maximum efficiency and harder experience.

Just like if you'll merge Pain Elemental with Caco you probably will get this:

ZURVTSR.png

So it will fly, shoot lightning, bite, and shoot lost souls? Hmm. Why don't you make a spectral version and name it Why I Hate You?

In all honesty, it looks like it would be a nice member of a hellish bestiary.

35 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

So it will fly, shoot lightning, bite, and shoot lost souls?

Yes, exept of one thing: it doesn't shoot lost souls, it generates them near itself.

12 hours ago, Uni said:

if you would like to share/showcase those "minor bugs", I would do my best to fix those in the next version

Screenshot_Doom_20180417_001530.png.aeb33369824c316719ad845a6addcd80.png

You can't get out from this room

@Walter confetti Sure you can:

Spoiler

It's a little 1994-style puzzle, you just have to look carefully. Besides, there's a switch at the other side of the hallway that activates the lift behind you.

On 17. 4. 2018 at 7:37 PM, CWolf said:

Yes, exept of one thing: it doesn't shoot lost souls, it generates them near itself.

Garbage can is ready for few broken keyboards. what kind of name you going to give to this beautifully scary brother?

18 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

what kind of name you going to give to this beautifully scary brother?

I don't know. Stopped on "Souls Corruptor" for current moment.

Also, I did some surgery.

jf5xmee.png

I want to try this out but my mapping skills aren't quite up to community project standard.

3 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

I want to try this out but my mapping skills aren't quite up to community project standard.

It doesn't matter that much in there, really. You may to contribute your work freely.

2 minutes ago, CWolf said:

It doesn't matter that much in there, really. You may to contribute your work freely.

Well i guess i'll try.

6 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

That's not matter. There was people who sucks on mapping but with time and trying they greatly improved. this can be easily your case

33 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

23 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

Well i guess i'll try.

If you're concerned that your mapping skills aren't up to some sort of arbitrary "standard," then the Doomworld Mega Project and Doomworld Omega Project are the projects for you. Don't worry if you think you're too new or rough to make a "good" map. These CPs are all about getting a map from as many users as possible, with little regard for their overall skill level. That means, these projects could potentially contain maps from a wide range of mappers, from someone who just drew his/her first linedef yesterday to someone who has been mapping continuously for the past 20 years and has won Cacowards.

My point is, don't feel that anyone will judge you harshly and cast your map out of either project. If anything, the Doomworld Omega Project is a good one for you since you can submit a map and get feedback about it, which would allow you to refine your map before the final submittal. You can also submit a map to the Doomworld Mega Project, but this year, you're restricting to only submitting your map once, which puts the onus on you to do your own playtesting (or have other people playtest offline). That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it may be more stressful given your statement about being raw when it comes to mapping. Not that you would get kicked out of that project either.

So, please, join the project and make an effort. Submit your map and get feedback. Revise your map and submit it again. The good news, you have over 8 months until the final map has to be submitted. I'm not saying you should wait that long, merely that you have time to improve your map.

So, welcome to the Doomworld Omega Project 2018.

On 18. 4. 2018 at 9:29 PM, CWolf said:

I don't know. Stopped on "Souls Corruptor" for current moment.

Also, I did some surgery.

jf5xmee.png

I like this name, i think it's suit him well. also i love how he look.

I'm starting to get more comfortable with Doom mapping, though still quite novice. Put my name down if there's room for one more! Excited to start working on something new.

Map Name: Tarmac Beat
Compatibility: GZDoom
Tested in: GZDoom 3.4.1
Options: Jumping, Crouching, Freelook: On
Difficulty settings: Yes
Build Time: 17 hours
Tools Used: GZ Doom Builder (bugfix) R3036, Slade 3 Version 3.1.1.5, Photoshop CS6
Format: GZDoom
Resources: Wantodancer by HyperUltra84 (two custom textures created from this), Voxel Vehicles pack by
NerdKoopa (two custom textures created from this), Adventures of Square by BigBrik (two custom textures
created from this), ???'s Tree sprite (source lost, currently unknown)
Notes: I've formatted my wad file so that as many textures and flats as possible are in boom format so they
can be used by others in this project
, (they are good general use types)
Music: How_About_I_Slap_Your_Bass.mid by Jimmy

Media:

Spoiler

Glm0vSx.jpg

Edited by Pinchy

On 7/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Put my name down if there's room for one more!

There's always room for one more. Welcome (a bit belated, but still...).