Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

28 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

I will be disappointed if this project is left to rot, quite frankly.

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

I did started something for this but gave up after lack of will/inspiration. I guess I'll pick it up again for the next year Mega Project if custom textures are allowed again, or if there's another Omega Project.

Me: Sees this thread, thinks 'Oh, nice, I can make something for this!"

Me about 30 seconds later: sees deadline is in 25 days, thinking 'Ehh, doable'

Me about 30 seconds after that: sees @Bridgeburner56 is in the project, thinking 'no fucking way I can make something even remotely good'

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

32 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

8 hours ago, pcorf said:

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

35 minutes ago, Sasha said:

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

That could be a very good idea.

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

I'm actually gonna have a crack at boom next year for Dying Camel's next CP but yeah, UDMF master race :P

On 12/7/2018 at 1:44 AM, Sasha said:

That's sound like indeed good idea.

1 hour ago, Voltcom9 said:

The deadline rapidly approaches. But there is still time if anyone would still like to contribute a map!

I'm pretty sure this is dead in the water :\

Just in case someone has an old version of my map, I am not using it for this project. I'm going to wait for next year's event.

The future of this project seems dubious, but on the off-chance that @scifista42 comes back or someone else takes up the slack, I'm posting my map.

Name: Locked Room Mystery
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m7087zxljxybrj1/LockedRoomMystery-final.wad/file
Engine: Boom
Music: "The Lair of Shial" (cblood6) from Blood
Description: The Colonel is dead; suicide seems dubious. Inspired somewhat by the opening of Death Wish for Blood's E1M5: Jigsaw.
Additional credits: All custom textures and flats come from cc4-tex, except for those with the prefix JUD.

vtwwrFx.png

On 12/6/2018 at 6:54 AM, AleksB said:

Here is my map : https://www.dropbox.com/s/st3qrzpkpbcpdjn/Hells Compost.wad?dl=0

Map name: Hells Compost
Compatibility: Vanilla
Tested in: ZDoom, Skulltag and GZDoom 3.2.5
Difficulty settings: no

Difficulty: Ultra-violence
Build time: 2 weeks
Tools used: Gzdoom builder, slade3
Resources: Doom 2 stock only

Jump/crouch: No

Song Credit: Dantes Purgatory-Knightrider of Doom

Link doesn't work...

I am currently working on a level for this project. I will have to test it out so see what needs to be changed. This is what I have so far. The second room involves activating the switches to ultimately activate the exit and the crushers to crush the enemies so that you will not have to spend a lot of time strafing around to kill the cybers and the revenants.

Crushed to Death Doom Builder.png

Map name: Crushed to Death

Compatibility: Boom (+cl 17)

Tested in: GLBoom+

Jump/crouch: No

Difficulty settings: No

Build time: 2 days

Tools used: GZDoom Builder, Slade

Resources: Community Chest 4 team for the cc4-tex, Demonologist for the rocket, player, and teleporting sounds, Paul Debruyne (Skillsaw) for the Ancient Aliens sound effects, ID Software for Doom 3 sounds (cyberdemon's voice), Brett Harrel (Mechadon) for the pistol sounds

Music: "And So I Carry On..." by David Shaw.

Description: You start off in a room with hell knights and rockets to blast them with, followed by the fatsoes. The final room is the room with the cybers and revenants and your job is to activate all of the switches needed to activate the crushers before your invulnerability wears off. I included a demo along with the WAD to ensure that it is beatable. This level should take roughly 10 minutes.

Crushed to Death: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DYBRlSTW8x8ndmawMRofxjgipLJgA-vL

Crushed to Death.png

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

8 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

Music: I don't know the name of the music but it is the same as level 10 from Slaughterfest 3 (idgames version).

"And So I Carry On..." by David Shaw

1 hour ago, Voltcom9 said:

I could assist in compiling but I would prefer that someone more experienced in running projects take the lead. Also, in moving forward would we like this to have a hub map or be a straight set of maps?

The way things are now, probably a straight set of maps. If someone does an Omega Project for next year, there will be plenty of more time for a hub map to be made.

Yeah, i had the same idea of voltcom9, actually i downloading every map from this project for this reason...

The hardest part i think it could be the texture compiling...

Anyway, i made a silly thing for this project! Happy Advent!

Map name: Propeller-heads

Compatibility: Boom (cl 9)

Tested in: prboom 2.5.1.4

Jump/crouch: No

Difficulty settings: No

Build time: 1 hour

Tools used: Doom Builder 2, Slumped

Resources: Pinchy's map for this project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ss9yXcTM32ipnPpRIImfPXhGPr74BxYa (author gave permission that other people can use the textures in his map for for this project)

Music: God ye rest, deadly gentleman by Lee Jackson

Description: Original idea for this map was even more insane, but i'm glad of the results of this short affair.

DL: omegarbage.zip

Spoiler

mmXhQuf.png

Edited by Walter confetti

Right now, there's 11 maps in this potential compilation with 3 days left to go. A couple people have volunteered to compile the maps after the deadline. The question becomes, how much time do we allow for @scifista42 to return?

We've seen other CP's where the project lead had supposedly left the community or vanished without a trace only to show up later and reclaim the project. Of course, those projects didn't really have set submission or release deadlines in the same way that this one does, but that's a different story. They also usually had set rules and controls, unlike the "make whatever you like" Omega project, but that's also a different story.

Assuming that something tragic hasn't happened (hopefully not--does anyone know?) or that he hasn't just decided to abandon Doom (that would surprise me greatly), how much time is appropriate for us to let these maps (and any more to come in the next few days) sit here untouched awaiting scifista's return to DW?

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun (like with the time zone discussion a few months ago), but people have already started to talk about, so I thought I'd put the question out there. I'm all for waiting for scifista to come back; it is his project. But I also don't want to lose maps from the compilation because people decide it's never going to be compiled.

Say 10, since @AleksB map link doesn't work (at least for me), however i've downloaded all the maps and just waiting for, at least, giving a finalized alpha to play...

But i still waiting for end of the year.

There's no other way to contact scifista42 over the PMs?

Awesome interpic!

Personally I think to go with the usual way, map ordered by port creation and by date of submission...

Well, sliding in with two days to spare, here's a thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7kzb25tzqzhxi0/durcha (2).zip?dl=0

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20181229_075725.png.805f874ac8caa129e39b6e81b8f29940.png

Map name: Durcha

Compatibility: GZDoom

Tested in: GZDoom 3.6.0

Jump/crouch: no

Difficulty settings: no

Build time: 3 days 

Tools used: GZDoom Builder, Slade 3

Resources: Realm 667 for custom decorations, Jimmy for Zoontex, and Aquila, leodoom85, DMPhobos, Saad356, and guitardz83 for playtesting

Music: Mountain Emperor by Kevin McLeod

Edited by Major Arlene : lol forgot map title

Here's my contribution to this project. This is a lesson in avoiding procrastination. It's a rather short romp, but still will hopefully hold a bit of fun for people.

Title: Port to Port with a Purpose

Compatibility: Vanilla

Tested in: Chocolate Doom 3.0.0, GZDoom 3.2.5

Jump/crouch: Not disabled, but obviously not designed around it

Freelook: Not disabled, but not designed with it

Difficulty settings: Yes

DM: Starts with minimal additional resources

Co-op: Starts only

Build time: 6 or 7 hours spread out over 2 or 3 days

Tools used: Eureka, Slade

Resources: Stock only

Music: "The Dave Taylor Blues" by Bobby Prince

oops

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20190101_014235.png.1633455d34d16bc043d8367df49b7e1a.png

Map name: Regeneration

Compatibility: ZDoom

Tested in: ZDoom

Jump/crouch: Not utilized

Difficulty settings: Yes (belatedly)

Build time: Close to 10 hours

Tools used: DBX, SLADE

Resources: MUTINY.wad (permission is granted in the Mutiny textfile)

Music: Dismal.wad from http://caseyscaverns.com

Map name: 512 Reasons why Crates are Awesome

Compatibility: Zdoom

Jump/crouch: no

Difficult settings: none tested on UV

Build time: less than about 120-ish minutes

tools used: DB2 & Slade

resources: none just plain old Doom 2 stock textures

Music: midi rendition of main level theme from Robo Warrior

Spoiler

Dvw1dIEUcAAQwGr.jpg

Spoiler