Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

The potential problem with doing that for some of the contributors here are the key rules of ToD's project:

• Stock textures, flats, monsters, sounds, etc. only
  • No ZDoom
  • You have to be able to beat your map on UV without saves

Some contributors here may run afoul of those rules and may have to do work to get their map in a condition to submit to that project.

ToD has suggested that next year's DMP will revert to the previous years' rules, so those maps may fit in DMP 2019, assuming ToD sticks to that idea.

28 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

I will be disappointed if this project is left to rot, quite frankly.

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

I did started something for this but gave up after lack of will/inspiration. I guess I'll pick it up again for the next year Mega Project if custom textures are allowed again, or if there's another Omega Project.

Yeah, I'll probably wait for next year's Doomworld Mega Project.

Me: Sees this thread, thinks 'Oh, nice, I can make something for this!"

Me about 30 seconds later: sees deadline is in 25 days, thinking 'Ehh, doable'

Me about 30 seconds after that: sees @Bridgeburner56 is in the project, thinking 'no fucking way I can make something even remotely good'

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

32 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

8 hours ago, pcorf said:

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

35 minutes ago, Sasha said:

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

That could be a very good idea.

5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

I'm actually gonna have a crack at boom next year for Dying Camel's next CP but yeah, UDMF master race :P

On 12/7/2018 at 1:44 AM, Sasha said:

That's sound like indeed good idea.

Just bumping this thread to remind people that the project deadline draws near. Also, to remind the project OP of current progress. 

If a titlepic has not already been created here's one I just threw together. Feel free to use/ not use it.

YSmFpl9.jpg?1

Edited by Voltcom9 : adding moar stuff