Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Omega Project 2018

Recommended Posts

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Guys, since probably scifista vanished from these forums (he's not around here from September), you could always try post your map there, if you want to:  

 

 

The potential problem with doing that for some of the contributors here are the key rules of ToD's project:

  • Stock textures, flats, monsters, sounds, etc. only
  • No ZDoom
  • You have to be able to beat your map on UV without saves

Some contributors here may run afoul of those rules and may have to do work to get their map in a condition to submit to that project.

 

ToD has suggested that next year's DMP will revert to the previous years' rules, so those maps may fit in DMP 2019, assuming ToD sticks to that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

I will be disappointed if this project is left to rot, quite frankly.

 

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

 

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

Share this post


Link to post

I did started something for this but gave up after lack of will/inspiration. I guess I'll pick it up again for the next year Mega Project if custom textures are allowed again, or if there's another Omega Project.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I'll probably wait for next year's Doomworld Mega Project.

Share this post


Link to post

Me: Sees this thread, thinks 'Oh, nice, I can make something for this!"

Me about 30 seconds later: sees deadline is in 25 days, thinking 'Ehh, doable'

Me about 30 seconds after that: sees @Bridgeburner56 is in the project, thinking 'no fucking way I can make something even remotely good'

Share this post


Link to post

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@Novaseer not gonna lie, I'd kind of forgotten about this *oops* and if the deadline is 25 days there's 0 chance of me making a map :/ I have a rather full plate at the moment 

 

But it looks like this is a dead horse anyway? 

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, pcorf said:

 

But there is always the option to release your map standalone to idgames, or hope for the best with DMP2019.

 

Still no activity from @scifista42 since September 24. Highly unusual. Hope he is okay.

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Sasha said:

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

 

That could be a very good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Fair enough. Yeah, it's probably best to wait it out and see if DWMP 2019 revokes the 'no ZDoom' rule so I (and I guess by extension you, since a lot of your maps I've seen are most likely impossible without) can actually make something.

I'm actually gonna have a crack at boom next year for Dying Camel's next CP but yeah, UDMF master race :P

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/7/2018 at 1:44 AM, Sasha said:

After deadline, if @scifista42 will not appear, then one of us make new post where he/she compile the submitted maps...

That's sound like indeed good idea.

Share this post


Link to post

Just bumping this thread to remind people that the project deadline draws near. Also, to remind the project OP of current progress. 

 

If a titlepic has not already been created here's one I just threw together. Feel free to use/ not use it.

YSmFpl9.jpg?1

Edited by Voltcom9 : adding moar stuff

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×