Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

SURVIVE - (Version 1.2) WARHEAD UPDATE!

Minor update
Here is the Tesla coil in action...
In other news... Solace dreams 1.6 is almost complete, only the music is left with 3/4 left to do.

Edited by Ermi

Minor update
Finally all constructs are completed (at least for the base game). Here is a video demonstrating the strongest defence in the game.
Remember to donate if you would like there to be more content.

Edited by Ermi

Barrets gatling gun from finalfantasy 7 makes its way into the games arsenal as a standard machine gun with its special BIGSHOT attack.
Also take a look at the new updated images i posted of all the current weapons in the contents section > FIRST POST LINK
More to come

Survive_4_BarretMG.png

On 10/03/2018 at 9:49 PM, MrD!zone said:

I'd like to see the railgun from SW and the Tommygun from blood.

Due to the abundance of machinegun type weapons in the game, i had to go with the next best thing in my opinion... The life leech, the second from last legendary weapon featured in this game. Shadow warrior next!
survive_6_lifeleech.png

Here is a small video demonstrating the animation process behind the weapons. (watch in HD)
If you would like more of these videos in tutorial format then please thumbs up this mod and donate!

Edited by Ermi

This sounds pretty damn awesome. Any estimate of when you may be able to do a full release?

Just now, Zulk RS said:

This sounds pretty damn awesome. Any estimate of when you may be able to do a full release?

Its very difficult to say, despite the concept of the game being very simple theres still a ton of work to put into it.
The core gameplay is in place, its just a matter of fleshing it out with as much content as possible. But you can expect the base game to be completed in about 4+ months without distractions, which will include 20+ weapons, 10 monsters and 6 stages.

BUT if im satisfied with the amount of donations i receive for the game then im fully prepared to add another 40 monsters, 2 more stages and another 10 weapons. Who knows, if i feel like it i may add to it in future updates for nothing.

Here is another animation demo, this time showing off a little more of the animation process behind the weapons.
In this small demonstration i will be showing off the new grenade launcher. The model took 1hour to make, and the animation another 2hours roughly. Very basic stuff going on here so lets get started.
THIS IS NOT A TUTORIAL
-At the beginning of the video i showcase how i applied the textures on the model using a basic weapon texture i found online, using the view port i simply match up the model to the picture.
-I then show how the weapon is rigged with a basic skeleton.

- I then show off the animation. You will notice down the bottom left is the timeline, those yellow lines represent keyframes.
-You will notice some trickery here with the grenade shell too.
-Then finally i export the whole thing as MD3, apply the nessasry codes then test in game. Simple as that.

Here is a list of my animation frame guide.
-10frames - weapon raise lower (these share the same animation)
-20 frames for idle animations. another 20 for second idle animation. These too are reversed.
-5 to 10 frames for fire animation.
-and about 60 frames for reloading
This method is used for all weapons in the game.

MAJOR UPDATE
Some of you may be pleased to know i have remade the first level, below is a image demonstatin the poly count difference from 45k down to 10k.
With no quality change this could be great for some of you toaster users.
Untitled-3.png.0f6dce19faa71989e35b5c90e2770130.png

Some good news. The old zombie template has been replaced by a new higher detailed model. better animated and better textured.
SURVIVE_E_ZOMBIES.png

Edited by Ermi

Hey are you still taking weapon suggestions? I would love to see something like an m4 and maybe (if you haven't already) allow the player to put attachments on there weapons?

UPDATE 0.8
just a small news update, they game is near completion. All enemies, weapons and voiced dialog is complete.
Just a few stages and a super boss left to do, i estimate a release within the next month with any luck.

For those of you who dont already know, the base game comes with 1 enemy type, the undead which has roughly 9 enemies in total. 22 weapons including the legendary weapons. and about 6 stages including the gallery for viewing models and music all made by me. I do intend to expand on this game by adding more enemy types, constructs and stages to play in through donations, when a target has been met then you will be gifted new content. If a target does not meet its goal but you still donated, then you will receive free updates, and new but minor content if any at all.

Thanks for your support, stay tuned.

Due to some of the complications ive had with lighting in gzdoom on the sewer level ive had to scrap the stage entirely and rework on a more simplified version. i will be copying the same formula ive used with the subway by keeping the stage as a long simple corridor based arena which is divided into segments.
Here is some WIP images of the original idea which has been scrapped. I have also replaced the forest stage with the temple.
(3d models and dynamic light in gzdoom is god awful.)
Untitled.png

Edited by Ermi

VERSION 1.0 OUTNOW!!!
Before downloading please take your time to read through this post to get a clear idea of what your getting in to, if your also one of these people that dont like downloading without any preview images then refer to the "content" section of this thread HERE.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Spoiler

The game is simple in its premise, survive for as long as possible. Thats it. And if you really do feel like getting your ass kicked then you can simply face the boss. However before you do that, please take a look at the museum to familiarise yourself with the weapons and monsters. Start by Maintaining a steady income of HEX (main resource) by building HEX PRODUCTIONS as quick as possible. MAke sure to Build turrets AWAY from you and your companion so you dont get caught up in friendly fire. Buy weapons, kill monsters. 
The stages bring no new gameplay, its just a visual cosmetic to mix things up. Also note that each stage has a unique cinematic that plays every 2 minutes(roughly).

TIPS / GUIDE

Spoiler

-Game is controller(xbox) ready. (but not recommended)
-Q and E switches constructs
-Pressing T removes warning icons above constructs

-standing close to jess heals you both.
-never stand between your turret and monster.
-if jess dies, then so do you.

-numpads 1 through 5 activate built in cheats. (you will be labeled a cheater) / Also, doom standard cheats work jsut as well too.

ADDING CUSTOM MUSIC

Spoiler

This is quite easy to do, just find the "JB_MUSIC" folder and REPLACE those files with your music files. MAke sure they are named exactly like those sample files i added.

KNOWN ISSUES

Spoiler

-Collision between constructs can get awkward when placed to close together.
-lag, when gibbing loadsa enemies at once (may be fixed with better hardware)

FINAL NOTE

Spoiler

Dont be disheartened if you die alot at first, it will take you a few tries to get used to the mechanics of the game. And if your struggling to run the game due to low frames, then at some point i will be releasing a LITE version which will remove ALL effects for low spec computers.

So in the end what does survive offer? The base game includes 6 unique stages, 20+ weapons, 5+ legendary weapons, fully voiced characters & monsters done by me(& family), and a super boss, Oh and a gallery to view every model in the game. Remember to donate to invest in more options, thanks for taking the time to read and play my game :D

MODDB DOWNLOAD
DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

Once downloaded, extract folder, run launcher. THATS IT! HAVE FUN
As always im not 100% sure if its bug free, so hit me up on discord (https://discord.gg/Huf7jxZ) or post your issues here. Thanks.

Edited by Ermi

VIDEO DEMO
Finally manage to make a small demo video of gameplay.
For those of you who were still not convinced by the images then i hope some game play footage will... Take a look, and enjoy.
Sorry for any footage stuttering, screen recording on max settings was not a good idea. REMEMBER TO WATCH IN HD

Edited by Ermi

RESOURCE FILE
Here is the complete resource file for the mod, which includes all blender models and animations used to make the game (use textures in game folder to view models correctly), reason music files and photoshop files of menu and art.
Have fun ripping that shit!
DOWNLOAD!!!!

SURVIVE GAME UPDATE 1.01

No major changes, just fixed weapon typo (ak 47 > ak 74) and corrected death message for player.
DOWNLOAD!!!

SURVIVE 1.01 LITE
This version is a downgrade for low spec computers removing all stage special effects, like dust, fog, smoke, models and lights. You should get a frame increase by roughly 40/50%
However this will not guarantee smooth gameplay for everybody.
I dont recommend this version for anyone thats against downgrades even for a few extra frames.

DOWNLOAD : DROPBOX
DOWNLOAD : MODDB

Untitled-2.png

SURVIVE_M_SCHOOL.png
Sadly Yuna isnt voiced yet, my sister is on holiday so i wont be getting the voices for her anytime soon.
However the stage is totally playable and can only be accessed through a secret entrance.

Edited by Ermi

34283879.jpg
In favor of my next TC mod (hopefully being over twice the size of this mod and solace dreams combined), ive decided to release this final update for free.
However, if popularity of the mod picks up il continue to add to it in the future.

Version 1.1 includes
-lights added on all muzzleflashes
-secret solace dreams stage (yuna wont be voiced sadly)
-adjustments to boss stage.
-minor fixes to museum.
-reduced particle effects on some stages

DOWNLOAD : DROPBOX
DOWNLOAD : MODDB
Post any major bugs you encounter. Have fun!

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

Kraken Challege!
Challenge with what is quite possibly the biggest boss in a doom wad ever.
I will offer a £20 reward via paypalme only to the first person that can beat the boss. Obviously without cheatstrainers and exploits if any, i will need video proof of achievement.
Here is a video of me attempting the boss and getting my ass kicked literally seconds into the fight, i honestly did quite horribly.

This boss is no push over, with massive scale attacks, random patterns and a huge damage output. Fight starts around 4min mark.

Edited by Ermi

I'm a sucker for resource management and optimization, and this hits that spot nicely for me. Trying to find the right combination of turrets and weapons to not drain your resources is pretty satisfying. One hangup I have is the relatively useless nature of placing 4 hex productions at the start. It isn't necessarily difficult and you end up just doing the same thing each time - placing two, whacking a couple zombies with the hammer, then placing your second two. A more intelligent implementation, possibly allowing more placements and/or increasing price as you place them or some such would do the game a lot of good.

After a couple tries:

image.png.d968827b41a9fe2163d06b694de893ac.png

There we go, undead on subway:

image.png.4007ee01c9bc38a73c646dae250d31b7.png

All in all, pretty fucking fantastic dude. I'm amazed this is something made in the doom engine (gzdoom techincally, but impressive nonetheless)

Edited by Phyne

3 hours ago, Phyne said:

One hangup I have is the relatively useless nature of placing 4 hex productions at the start. It isn't necessarily difficult and you end up just doing the same thing each time - placing two, whacking a couple zombies with the hammer, then placing your second two. A more intelligent implementation, possibly allowing more placements and/or increasing price as you place them or some such would do the game a lot of good.

Thats a pretty awesome score!

You come across as someone whos played C&C and understands resource management, a few people thats tested this mod didnt even consider building 4 at the start and resulted in a early end game. I experimented with several options, but i wanted to cap the average session to roughly 40minutes. This was to prevent the game getting boring and to avoid lagging as the monsters eventually bloat the level (especially with all the gibbing and effects). To achieve this i had to carefully cap the money so the player has just the right amount to spend during the course of the game. I do understand where your coming from, and i know it can come across as very repetitive. Just know that it is just a casual arcade like experience, if you can even call it that.

Another method of play would be a weapons only session, thats more challenging.

Edited by Ermi

Uploaded a session to youtube, survived for 28:07:

My discover weekly managed to sync up really well at the end of the game. lol. Hopefully youtube keeps the music.

I honestly haven't tried very many combinations of turrets. From the stats, it looks like most turrets don't really support their value with the amount of ammo they go through. From a dmg/price standpoint the nail guns actually seem the best.

I'm also seriously surprised more people haven't played this. Having a lot of fun with it.

5 hours ago, Ermi said:

You come across as someone whos played C&C and understands resource management

Well in addition to C&C, I've played probably every video game you can think of off the top of your head. :) A lot of Euro-style board games I've gotten into recently are very resource management intensive as well.

Edited by Phyne

On 7/11/2018 at 12:47 PM, Phyne said:

All in all, pretty fucking fantastic dude. I'm amazed this is something made in the doom engine (gzdoom techincally, but impressive nonetheless)

Glad to see another person is into this mod, I guess I'll have to beat my old score now.

I like this mod a lot, and unlike Solace Dreams I actually can run it. I'm not really into resource management but as a fan of old school first person shooters I was still curious about it since I saw stuff like weapons from Doom and Blood rendered in gorgeous 3D. It's also very easy to just pick up and play and it doesn't have much of a learning curve, although you ought to know some good strategies if you want to make it far.

I hope to be able to upload a playthrough of it once I have a better PC.

bomb-drawing-realistic-4.png
WARHEAD UPDATE 1.2 !!!
Here is a complete list of changes below...

-2 New legendary weapons from the shadow warrior series.
-The sticky bomb can now be used as a item and can be acquired when purchasing ammo. 

-The Nuke launcher can now be obtained, making this the most devastating weapon in the game.

-Legendary weapons has a 20% increase in appearing.
-Museum has been slightly altered.
-A few price changes.
-A fix for reloading the fostech shotgun.
-Intro sequence cut from the boss stage.

-100MB shaved from the game.

If you would like more from this mod then show me your interest, notify a friend. Help the mod grow.

Please report any bugs and changes you would like to see.
DROPBOX DOWNLOAD!!!
MODDB DOWNLOAD!!!

Edited by Ermi