Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

I've been gone a long time....

I'd recommend GZDoomBuilder and Slade3 as the way to go for those looking to get back into Doom modding. Welcome back!

Doom Builder X is also an option, courtesy of a guy called anotak. It's less GZDoom-oriented than GZDoomBuilder, obviously.

Yo, welcome back!

I've switched to GZDoombuilder as my main editor, but I still love Doombuilder 2, which is especially handy for running sessions side-by-side and copy-pasting between them. Slade 3 is excellent, but I still find XWE 1.16 useful, though you have to Run As Administrator in Win10. Now get to work! ;)

The active fork is actually GZDoombuilder-Bugfix. It impressively powerful these days!

Welcome back, that's one hell of a resume! All before my time but the things you worked on very much continue to echo down through the years. The CC4 texture pack is still the go-to expanded set for community projects for example.

In terms of big port developments, ZDoom is dead, long live GZDoom (which now has fancy true-color in software mode). Chocolate, Crispy, Eternity, 3DGE and the rest continue to be developed (although PRBoom+ not so much, as far as I'm aware). Many, many maps came out (the Cacowards, as always, are a great place to check the best out), and no, Mordeth Episode 2 still isn't done.

Weren't we waiting for Cadman's glorious return before starting Community Chest 5??

edit: oh actually no TGH said he would one day take the reins, nm.

You've been gone so long that you've become a skull? Zoinks a talking skull! I'm outta here Scoob!

Great to hear from all of you!  Thank you so much...:)  I'll be looking at the suggestions for editors and go from there!

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

Weren't we waiting for Cadman's glorious return before starting Community Chest 5??

edit: oh actually no TGH said he would one day take the reins, nm.

Yes..I thought so too but TGH wanted it and I was okay with that, besides I was being very lazy anyways...:)

Allright...gonna go with GZDoombuilder - bugfix...I'll see what I can do with it.  Thanks everyone for your input!

I just want to say that you're awesome for starting the Community Chest series (I think it definitely changed the way we look at team projects) and I hope we will see another installment soon enough.

*pulls pacifier out of mouth*

Who the hell is this guy?

Welcome Back!