Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prower

Doom LMP Uploader - Make your .LMP a YouTube video

16 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Wow!

Is something supposed to be visible when I click "Submit"?

Whoops, yes, it looks like you're submitting a run time that's not strictly HH:MM:SS format and I'm not handling that properly; try switching to 00:01:23 format (e.g.) for now, I'll fix it.

edit: Should be fixed now, it will auto-adjust M:SS or MM:SS times to HH:MM:SS.

Edited by prower

Just now, lirui1001 said:

1080p60fps?

I originally wanted to, but 1080p60fps takes ages to encode; from my testing, approximately 10 times the length of the demo. Not really worth the increase in quality (IMO).

1 minute ago, Memfis said:

Hmm, for some reason it can't find any wads for me now.

I fixed an extremely stupid bug. Try again!

Just now, Mordeth said:

Holy fucking hell, it's prower. Welcome back, mate!

Hey Mord! Yep, very long time no see :)

Is this encoding on -veryfast or whatever? It looks somewhat blocky / smeary. Is it CBR or VBR? What bit rate is it aiming for?

Just now, Linguica said:

Is this encoding on -veryfast or whatever? It looks somewhat blocky / smeary. Is it CBR or VBR? What bit rate is it aiming for?

READ THE DAMN FAQ

Yeah it's a tough balance between encoding time & visual quality. I can adjust it based on feedback.

No one ever reads anything.

I don't know how much it would affect the encoding time but I bet changing CRF from 23 to, like, 20 would make it look noticeably cleaner. And since this is all cloud based the increased file size wouldn't make Youtube upload times appreciably longer, I wouldn't think. Maybe even 18 or 17 if you wanna get crazy with it.

Just now, Linguica said:

No one ever reads anything.

I don't know how much it would affect the encoding time but I bet changing CRF from 23 to, like, 20 would make it look noticeably cleaner. And since this is all cloud based the increased file size wouldn't make Youtube upload times appreciably longer, I wouldn't think.

I just adjusted it to 20, we'll see how it works. The YT upload times aren't a big deal relative to the encoding times, you're right.

5 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Yay! Not quite PRWRSV, but hopefully it's close enough. ;)

Awesome! Believe it or not, this was one of the demos I used while testing :)

4 minutes ago, j4rio said:

Why did Linguica fire you anyway?

He's a big jerk.

Someone tried to submit a demo for nova2, which is in Ports/megawads, which I foolishly left out of the resolution path; give it another try please.

Wait... what should I put into the PWAD place? It seems that BtSX and The Journey didn't work... I tried a Speed of Doom one and it works, so I guess they are not in the library?

This is really really cool. It takes me much longer time to process and upload a demo by myself, so a tool like this is a godsend.

Some dream features (not sure if worth your time):

- changing the midi volume

- choosing a different soundfont

- supplying a music wad when there is no soundtrack in the wad

- adjusting gamma correction

- switching between software and opengl

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Wait... what should I put into the PWAD place? It seems that BtSX and The Journey didn't work...

Heya, sorry, give it another try; I just fixed a problem where it wasn't looking in /megawads or /Ports/megawads for WADs. btsx_e1 and tj should both work now.

4 minutes ago, prower said:

Heya, sorry, give it another try; I just fixed a problem where it wasn't looking in /megawads or /Ports/megawads for WADs. btsx_e1 and tj should both work now.

Thanks and let me try now. Can I request for UV -Fast or other categories?

Recording status: In progress

3:07:19 PM - Downloading PWAD failed

3:07:19 PM - Failed to resolve PWADs

3:07:19 PM - Downloading PWAD in progress

3:07:19 PM - Resolving PWADs

3:07:19 PM - Recording queued

Is this normal? BtSX's WAD was updated somewhat frequently, so I don't know whether this is the problem.

2 minutes ago, Memfis said:

This is really really cool. It takes me much longer time to process and upload a demo by myself, so a tool like this is a godsend.

Some dream features (not sure if worth your time):

- changing the midi volume

- choosing a different soundfont

- supplying a music wad when there is no soundtrack in the wad

- adjusting gamma correction

- switching between software and opengl

Supplying custom prboom parameters (to adjust sound, gamma correction, etc) is definitely possible! There's actually very partial support for music wads (or resource wads, like gothictx), but I haven't built out the UI for it; the backend should work with them, though. In fact if you have a prboom-plus demo with multiple wads in the metadata, it should pick them up.

OpenGL is probably a no-go for now; the server is running on an AWS c5.large which is a CPU-optimized node with no graphics card. I guess I could attach an elastic GPU at some point in the future, but not sure how well that works.

11 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Thanks and let me try now. Can I request for UV -Fast or other categories?

Recording status: In progress

3:07:19 PM - Downloading PWAD failed

3:07:19 PM - Failed to resolve PWADs

3:07:19 PM - Downloading PWAD in progress

3:07:19 PM - Resolving PWADs

3:07:19 PM - Recording queued

Is this normal? BtSX's WAD was updated somewhat frequently, so I don't know whether this is the problem.

Oof, thanks for testing this out, this had/has a couple problems--one, the file size exceeded an internal limit that I wasn't aware of (easy to fix). Two, btsx_e1 breaks out into btsx_e1a and btsx_e1b, so you'll probably have to wait until I add multi-WAD support (and .deh support) to record BTSX demos--sorry about that.

I know 1080p@30 takes longer but I find it worth the extra time personally.

@prowerNot a problem. I guess the frequent updates of BtSX made a lot of problems. Another thing is how can I watch it again or search for the video's address after quitting? Since now the videos are unlisted.

(BTW, after watching my tj run... it sucks!)

21 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@prowerNot a problem. I guess the frequent updates of BtSX made a lot of problems. Another thing is how can I watch it again or search for the video's address after quitting? Since now the videos are unlisted.

(BTW, after watching my tj run... it sucks!)

Haha, great question--right now there's no way to just view all runs or anything so either copy & paste the URL to somewhere you can find later, or change the number until you find your run :) Yeah, not great, I know. I'm planning on adding an "all runs" page soon.

BTW, I figured what the heck, btsx is a pretty popular one so I coded in a special exception for it. It should work now (loading both files and the dehacked file), so give it a try. I also added UV -fast by your request!

@Linguica How do you feel about the encoding now with CRF 20? Looks better to me. Encoding time went up a bit, but probably worth it.

@prowerIt seems it still doesn't work. I'll drop the run here for you to test... and I found out it's actually a Pacifist run... so sorry for getting extra trouble adding new category I guess.

b119p049.zip

The video above is pretty good in my opinion. Probably we should upload something with Fireblu to see whether it's good because usually those type of textures with a lot of small lines and stuff will ruin the bitrate.

It's a shame Youtube doesn't supported 1200p or 2400p. I honestly would have liked the ability to see something like 320x200 --> 1600x1200, 640x400 --> 3200x2400, or maybe native 1600x1200.

edit: Maybe 1600x1200 windowboxed to 1440p?

Edited by Danfun64

That's very cool, although I had to reupload the unlisted video to my channel, but still it works.

Recorded a test .lmp file of me speedrunning MAP01 at skill 1 (yes, it's a test) :)