Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prower

Doom LMP Uploader - Make your .LMP a YouTube video

37 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@prowerIt seems it still doesn't work. I'll drop the run here for you to test... and I found out it's actually a Pacifist run... so sorry for getting extra trouble adding new category I guess.

b119p049.zip

The video above is pretty good in my opinion. Probably we should upload something with Fireblu to see whether it's good because usually those type of textures with a lot of small lines and stuff will ruin the bitrate.

Hah, I think the problem may have been the app getting rate limited by gamers.org; or some other HTTP connection pooling problem. After I restarted the app it looks OK and recorded (though this obviously isn't a uv-max demo...)

14 minutes ago, Baratus 95 said:

That's very cool, although I had to reupload the unlisted video to my channel, but still it works.

Great point, I had videos set to upload as unlisted during testing. Just switched them to public.

@prowerIt's a Pacifist run, or you can consider a UV Speed. Probably I misclick something when I upload it. I guess misclick or keying in some information not properly should have a way to be solved? You know these things are going to happen if everything is automated. Thanks for the effort to make everything work :D

Just now, GarrettChan said:

@prowerIt's a Pacifist run, or you can consider a UV Speed. Probably I misclick something when I upload it. I guess misclick or keying in some information not properly should have a way to be solved? You know these things are going to happen if everything is automated. Thanks for the effort to make everything work :D

Nah that was me uploading just to test your LMP, you didn't do anything wrong :) I can also add pacifist as a category a bit later.

At some point I could certainly add the ability to edit demos, though there'd obviously need to be some kind of auth/user login system so... quite a bit of work. But doable.

Out of curiosity, are you outputting video at 35 fps so the Youtube converter needs to do a pulldown to 30? It would be nice if it outputted at 60 fps.

3 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Out of curiosity, are you outputting video at 35 fps so the Youtube converter needs to do a pulldown to 30? It would be nice if it outputted at 60 fps.

Yeah, it's 30fps; this is just another encoding time/quality tradeoff, since 60fps doubles (or at least significantly lengthens) the encoding time.

This is really cool! Being able to record a demo is a lot less time-consuming than recording a demo/video of a level, editing/compressing the video for online streaming, and then uploading it.

I can't help but feel like reading the Opening Post in Jeff Goldblum's voice.

14 minutes ago, danielhday said:

My internet disconnected for a moment while I was uploading my shitty demo to test the website. The video was still successfully uploaded, but the problem is that it is listed as public, as seen in the "Uploads" section of the channel that the website uploads to. It's either temporary and happens with everyone's demo for a few minutes, or something screwed up when my internet connection stopped.

Hmm, not sure I follow; you're talking about this, right? http://doomlmps.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/run/42 It looks like the LMP uploaded correctly and it recorded fine. The form submission should be all-or-nothing, so even if your internet cuts out in the middle of submission it'll either be complete or just not go through.

Maybe allow users to type in a category, rather than either creating a massive drop-down list (or leaving it impossible to give the correct category).

I've submitted a couple of WTF demos. Seemed to work, though the category is given wrongly in one case (actually they are both NM Pacifist, though this only matters for the Build.wad one).

39 minutes ago, danielhday said:

The demo you linked is mine. I knew that the video was uploaded correctly, but the problem was that the video was listed as Public, instead of Private.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry if things were unclear, but the videos have to be public; if they were private, they'd only be viewable by the account that's uploading them (i.e. me).

Very neat!
I'm currently trying to put up a 'Counterattack' LMP, I fill out every field without any errors (the time is in the correct format of HH:MM:SS) but when I click on 'Submit' nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

7 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Very neat!
I'm currently trying to put up a 'Counterattack' LMP, I fill out every field without any errors (the time is in the correct format of HH:MM:SS) but when I click on 'Submit' nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm, I don't think see any errors in the server log. Can you post the LMP you're trying to upload here?

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Maybe allow users to type in a category, rather than either creating a massive drop-down list (or leaving it impossible to give the correct category).

I've submitted a couple of WTF demos. Seemed to work, though the category is given wrongly in one case (actually they are both NM Pacifist, though this only matters for the Build.wad one).

I didn't realize people loved their esoteric demo categories so much these days! I can adjust things for sure.

7 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Sure. Sorry for the trouble.

ca05-1037.zip

It's no trouble, I'm sorry this isn't working for you!

It looks like it's working when I upload it - http://doomlmps.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/run/45 - so it may be a client-side issue. Which browser & version are you using? If you're using Firefox or Chrome, can you check the dev tools to see if there are any Javascript errors that would be causing the submit to fail?

5 minutes ago, prower said:

Chrome

It seems using Chrome is fine, but I'm not sure. I had a problem that sometimes I selected my upload file, but the form for me to fill doesn't appear, but it seems mostly fine after you fix the "The Journey and BtSX" issue. I originally thought the reason being my Chinese Windows 7 system.

58 minutes ago, prower said:

It's no trouble, I'm sorry this isn't working for you!

It looks like it's working when I upload it - http://doomlmps.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/run/45 - so it may be a client-side issue. Which browser & version are you using? If you're using Firefox or Chrome, can you check the dev tools to see if there are any Javascript errors that would be causing the submit to fail?

I was using Microsoft Edge. Just installed Firefox and I had no problems after that. Very happy with how it turned out (5room.wad MAP18). Thanks for the help, and again I'm sorry to bother you. Keep up the good work!

10 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

I was using Microsoft Edge. Just installed Firefox and I had no problems after that. Very happy with how it turned out (5room.wad MAP18). Thanks for the help, and again I'm sorry to bother you. Keep up the good work!

Ah damn, sorry--I did all the dev for this on Linux so never get a chance to test Edge. The joys of web development. I'll try Edge when I can and see if I can reproduce the problem. Glad it's working for you now, though!

I've tried to upload a demo, it worked fine. It would be nice to be able to specify that demo is multi-level run, e.g. MAPXX-MAPYY/EXMYY-EXMZZ, Episode X or D2ALL - because right now it's either single level or nothing. Also, considering video title is automatically generated, TAS checkbox wouldn't hurt too.

You're a great man, prower! Doom files becoming increasingly difficult to access with modern technology has been on my mind a lot lately, so having a web based "convert .lmp to youtube" tool for easy viewing and distributions is really awesome. I look forward to the custom prboom parameters that are coming in the future. For example, the unstretched status bar and the progress bar included in the video are a few itches that are driving me crazy. It's super cool that you did this, though.

11 minutes ago, 40oz said:

Doom files becoming increasingly difficult to access with modern technology has been on my mind a lot lately

Uh, how?  It's only gotten easier as time goes on.

In some ways yes, but a lot of my ancient doom utilities are just not compatible with modern OS's. It seems to think a lot of my files are malware and a lot of phones and tablets have their own operating systems that don't give you much control over file sorting and management which is a major part of what it is to download and play wad files, and watch demo lumps.

They are, however, great for watching youtube videos and web browsing which is what this tool prower has made answers to.

1 hour ago, Beginner said:

I've tried to upload a demo, it worked fine. It would be nice to be able to specify that demo is multi-level run, e.g. MAPXX-MAPYY/EXMYY-EXMZZ, Episode X or D2ALL - because right now it's either single level or nothing. Also, considering video title is automatically generated, TAS checkbox wouldn't hurt too.

All good points! I'll add them when I get the chance.

1 hour ago, 40oz said:

You're a great man, prower! Doom files becoming increasingly difficult to access with modern technology has been on my mind a lot lately, so having a web based "convert .lmp to youtube" tool for easy viewing and distributions is really awesome. I look forward to the custom prboom parameters that are coming in the future. For example, the unstretched status bar and the progress bar included in the video are a few itches that are driving me crazy. It's super cool that you did this, though.

Thank you! Sounds like custom prboom configs are important to a lot of people so I'll see what I can do there.

Bumping because I find this concept very interesting and plan to use it a fair bit if I can get it working. Getting "Could not analyze the LMP. Currently supported formats are Doom (2), Boom, and PRBoom." Even though the demo is -cl2 recorded via Prboom+

I haven't played with this yet, but I have to say that this is a brilliant, impressive, ambitious idea!

One question about your implementation: Do you handle multiple simultaneous requests serially, or are you multithreading (running multiple copies of your port simultaneously?!!)

Very, very cool idea!