Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wobbo

So we lost...

Woolie Wool said:

So what? Just because the government CAN do something doesn't mean it WILL. The fat cats will mind their own business unless they deem it absolutely necessary to exercise their new powers.

Yeah but when it WILL start excercizing them, it will be too late.

Fredrik: I see you are interested in seeing a bunch of stupid rednecks get shot.

Woolie Wool: What NEW power?

It's too bad that all we can "do" about these problems is POST IN A MOTHERFUCKING FORUM.

"Nobody's right if everybody's wrong."
There are those that would say "Yeah, the US government is corrupt, let's join the Jihad!" Well, those people aren't thinking about all the innocent (read: blind, uninvolved civilians) people that will get killed. The cost in human life that we would need to be paid for a revolt wouldn't be worth it. (I typed that sentence and my head fell into my hands because that means there is nothing we can do.)

Then there are those that say "No, let's stick with the democratic process, once the people have spoken, all will be well." Well, those people are just too sentimental, I would say. The Constitution of the United States of America IS DEAD. The Bill of Rights isn't like a person, who can have his arms and legs cut off and still live. The Bill of Rights requires all ten of its parts in order to mean anything.

I think about revolution all the time. I think about someone trying to start something, but then being "silenced" before the word can be spread. Think about this, too: If things are so bad, so corrupt, then why aren't we being silenced for talking about it? Because we don't know the half of it. It's MUCH worse. Endlessly.

So... back to revolution. Yes, sure, that sounds smart. Let's all just decide to rise up one by one to spread a message that won't reach the first person we try to tell before our brain ends up splattered against the wall behind us. If there is NO chance of success, it is NOT noble to try, it is stupid.

Everything is monitored. I mean, no shit, this is being monitored, being the Internet and all, but every military post in the US and across the globe certainly functions as a listening post as well. A revolt can't be organized. All microwave, radio, satellite, and telephone communications will be intercepted. Laser communication would be a good alternative, but it would require relay posts to be scattered over the world to convey a message past the horizon. Besides that, the second something comes up that the... "man" can't monitor, he'll find some excuse (keeping his reason hidden) to put it down.

It's OK though. It won't be long before mind control is perfected, and then we'll all be happy. And insane. And enslaved.

"Cyberpunk" is HERE.

Woolie Wool: Not to repeat myself -- wait, that's what I'm gonna do:
"Because we don't know the half of it. It's MUCH worse."

They just want us to THINK we are free. If they actualy acted on all of their powers, the people would know something was up and attempt to revolt.

The problem with mind control is it's impractical. No free thought = no innovation = stagnation. Somebody has to retain free will, and if one person can, other people might as well.

Keep in mind, half of the word "cyberpunk" is punk.

Maybe not mind control then, but manipulation. Drugs to make us docile, etc. There are even a few theories about manipulating the mind electromagnetically.

Woolie Wool said:

So what? Just because the government CAN do something doesn't mean it WILL. The fat cats will mind their own business unless they deem it absolutely necessary to exercise their new powers.

the state HAS already used these powers, and besides, you see nothing wrong with the concept of external authorities haveing this much control over our lives ? Also, you mention "fat cats" waiting until its neccessary, but was it "necessary" to get capital, dictatorship, poulation contol etc. in the first place?

:
Woolie Wool said:

He means Garfield.

:)

Little Faith said:

(referring to the title of the thread)

What exactly have we lost?

so we lost ... these rights such and such (sorry if it wasnt clear)

Little Faith said:

The rights which you said we had lost. Did we have them in the first place?

On that note Did you use them? or even take them for granted at any given moment at any cost?...Nevertheless Dont come to Canada yet, ur better off using counterfit money than our Canadian money...But if/when Weed gets legalized then theres a reason to move in, I suppose.

Little Faith said:

Now think Xian, deeply.

The rights which you said we had lost. Did we have them in the first place?

very good point, but this is to appeal to all the pro-american patriots who think they hate us for our democracy - ironic considering what happened. Also, as bad as Germany might had been throughout the early 1900s and WW1, imagine how much WORSE it got after 1938? At least the american state had been CLAIMING to protect the peopls rights, the patriot act represents the BREAK from even this ILLUSION. so i do think its important

The world is falling, and we're all caught on a wire, sinking unto the bottomness of the abyss.

Fellow humans- Welcome to Hell. (soon, so very soon)

:(