Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

DOOM 2016 Artwork

I'm glad we got the final pinky design. I know the one on the left looks classic as hell, but it has this strange insect-like quality that I'm not a fan of.

The designs that ended up in the game are definitely the best.

The Pinky is supposed to represent dumb, Brute force, and that is represented rather well in the final design with it being bulky and lumbering.

The Baron is supposed to be both physically intimidating and appear intelligent, which I think the final design manages to sufficiently convey; the earlier designs just makes it look like a dumb brute.

I always enjoy concept art like this. If there is a "Making of Doom 4" or "The Art of Doom 4" book I'd want it. It would be interesting to see some 3D renderings of the character sculpts also. 

The early designs look badass as hell, especially the first Baron design. I also like the idea of bringing back the classic Pinky, but I prefer the newer designs. I think they work better with the tone of the "new" game.

A stronger and more agile pinky variant using the scrapped design concept would be badass, but I suppose it would be kind of redundant. I really like the way he looks though, I totally agree that it has an almost insect-like quality which to me is very intimidating.