Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Third_Dino

What are some WADs that are like the Hell on Earth starter pack? It terms of map design

I just finished it and found the map design to be my favorite part about it. The city-scape being my favorite. So what are some other wads with interesting environments and cool design?

As far as city details go, I don't know of others but I'm sure there are more. Valiant has a few city maps and moon base maps to check out.

Are you into BD specific wads at all?

Just now, Chezza said:

As far as city details go, I don't know of others but I'm sure there are more. Valiant has a few city maps and moon base maps to check out.

Are you into BD specific wads at all?

I like BD a lot. But I don't really prefer it over all non-BD wads

4 minutes ago, The_Third_Dino said:

I like BD a lot. But I don't really prefer it over all non-BD wads

If you are in a BD mood I encourage you to play my wad Operation UAC. But it's strictly designed for the previous BD version. I think you'll like it. It definitely makes use of its features and includes detailed maps.

It's on moddb.com

Hellbound has some very pretty cityscapes (and hellscapes, as the name would imply), so I'd recommend that first. Valiant's already been mentioned; you'll want the Vaccinated Edition if you're going to play that with gameplay mods. Shadows of the Nightmare Realm is neat as hell, but doesn't play well with gameplay mods at all.

You should check out "Don't play with hell: Part 1" And "Don't play with hell: Prologue"

Both are still WIP though, but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Also, check out Honte.wad for a nice detailed remake of Doom2.