Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Don_Faparotti

DOOM 2016: The Board Game

The price seems kind of.. pricey to me. I'd like to check this out, but I wouldn't call myself an expert at table top games, though with the theme it would be fun to at least try it out.

6 minutes ago, amackert said:

The price seems kind of.. pricey to me. I'd like to check this out, but I wouldn't call myself an expert at table top games, though with the theme it would be fun to at least try it out.

I would say board game from 2016 to 2017 had a raised price for some reason. Probably they focus more on figures or stuff. For German style games, $60 could be a relatively high price, but some of the games that I wanted to play are around $85 now, which is a bit too much to me... Something around $65 (I assume you check on Amazon) with this many figures is sort of difficult to see. Also, FFG is sort of notorious about not reprinting stuff. If you really can find someone to play with ya, I would say buy it before it goes out of print.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

I would say board game from 2016 to 2017 had a raised price for some reason. Probably they focus more on figures or stuff. For German style games, $60 could be a relatively high price, but some of the games that I wanted to play are around $85 now, which is a bit too much to me... Something around $65 (I assume you check on Amazon) with this many figures is sort of difficult to see. Also, FFG is sort of notorious about not reprinting stuff. If you really can find someone to play with ya, I would say buy it before it goes out of print.

Yeah, I still need to check Amazon. I looked on eBay and it's close to $100 on average, with some being higher (this is for both the new DOOM and the Doom 3 board game).

1 minute ago, amackert said:

Yeah, I still need to check Amazon. I looked on eBay and it's close to $100 on average, with some being higher (this is for both the new DOOM and the Doom 3 board game).

Well, the price for the old Doom board game is at... where it fits "something by FFG being out of print"...

On 1/26/2018 at 8:02 AM, Quasar said:

If anybody that has it could grab some pics for the wiki of the game setup or in action, that would be cool (we're not just supposed to take ones from, ie, Amazon, as such photos are copyrighted).

I had a chance to play this with some friends recently. I see that the article has some photos already but just in case, here's an album of photos I took; feel free to use any of them.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I need some help. I pulled the game out for the first time in a while, and in doing so noticed that one of the cards for the chainsaw was missing. Im not sure what the specifics of the card are, only that it’s number 3 out of 3. If someone with the game on hand could check what the three cards are so I can reproduce it, I would appreciate it. 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:16 AM, DELUXE said:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I need some help. I pulled the game out for the first time in a while, and in doing so noticed that one of the cards for the chainsaw was missing. Im not sure what the specifics of the card are, only that it’s number 3 out of 3. If someone with the game on hand could check what the three cards are so I can reproduce it, I would appreciate it. 

Title: Rip and Tear

Defense: one shield

Main action

5 speed

1 range, 3 red dice 1 black die

effects: "while performing this attack you may reroll any number of dice. During this activation, while you and a hostile figure occupy the same space that figure's printed stagger value is reduced by 4."

flavor: "C'mere boys. I got something to say!"