Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

so did some kind of shitstorm happen

Recommended Posts

because it seems my last thread was deleted. meanwhile zdoom seems more than happy to remain civil. funny that, i'd at least like an explanation.

Share this post


Link to post

"oh no my post got helled what should i do"

 

"oh i know i'll just shitpost about it"

 

edit: :(

Edited by bonnie

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not shitposting, I'm curious as to what happened and why the entire thread was helled and not any offending posts. You know, transparency of moderation. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

Share this post


Link to post

You're referring to your thread "Uganda"? The one that (as of about 15 hours ago) had a screenshot that said Uganda (looked like a teaser title screen) and a link that read "Feel my curse" (something to that effect, I know the last two words were "my curse") and nothing else?

 

Unless the thread completely exploded with horrific vitriol, I can only assume one of the moderators saw it and thought, "What is this? It says it's from Jaxxoon R, but it doesn't have any details and has a sinister sounding link. Hmm. I'll delete it." Of course, one of the moderators could more reliably say what happened, as opposed to my theorizing.

 

Of course, the vitriol would have had to be epic in its horror to have warranted deleting the entire thread; I've seen other threads descend into bitter, vitriolic exchanges and the posts not even be deleted.

Share this post


Link to post

 

57 minutes ago, Jaxxoon R said:

...

this is a very sensitive community... say one word out of place or do something deemed unorthodox and you will be wiped from existence.

Share this post


Link to post

Say what you will about sensitivity, but everyone is attracted to this kinda stuff. This thread had three replies when I saw it in my HOT! POPULAR NOW! list and it doesn't even have any content in it. Look, I know I'm the top advocate for talking about controversial shit, but... come on.

 

Doom is 24 years old now. I think it will be ok if we tell it that there's no such thing as a tooth fairy.

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, the Ugandan Knuckles meme is pretty damn racist and is built from the basis of Twitch chat ( y'know, a pretty big cesspit ) mocking a Ugandan pastor for his appearance, so ...

Share this post


Link to post

No no no, shitSHOW happened. Changes everything.

Share this post


Link to post

@Arctangent
It's taking quotes from a Ugandan movie, the Wakaliwood filmmakers that made the movie love the meme. And it's a 3D model based off of a goofy 2D drawing of Knuckles, so I don't know where you're getting this information of it "mocking the appearance of a ugandan pastor" but it's the first time I've heard it and I seriously doubt its legitimacy.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

No, it isn't.

Yeah it is.

 

Checkmate, I guess...?

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, 40oz said:

racism is in the eye of the beholder.

...Don't look into the eye, don't look into the eye, don't look into the eye...

 

Hey wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Jaxxoon R said:

@Arctangent
It's taking quotes from a Ugandan movie, the Wakaliwood filmmakers that made the movie love the meme. And it's a 3D model based off of a goofy 2D drawing of Knuckles, so I don't know where you're getting this information of it "mocking the appearance of a ugandan pastor" but it's the first time I've heard it and I seriously doubt its legitimacy.

 

Basically, it all started as a recurring joke on Forsen's Twitch chat where the chatters would try to get him to click a link with a picture of the guy that was captioned as a "daily quest." This spread to other streamers' chats, until the image of the dude became a meme on its own and people started to track down the source. Turns out the guy's got a website on his ... church? ( I can't remember if it was just the church or his entire denomination over in Africa ) with that picture front in center, along with the "do you know the way" quote.

 

I have no idea how Gregzilla's Knuckles animation got caught up in all of this, honestly. Maybe it's because of the mysticalism with the Master Emerald associated with Knuckles, and the fact that that animation was already a meme.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

I mean, the Ugandan Knuckles meme is pretty damn racist and is built from the basis of Twitch chat ( y'know, a pretty big cesspit ) mocking a Ugandan pastor for his appearance, so ...

http://watch.wakaliwood.com/

 

Actually, the Ugandan behavior is based off this studio's work. The gregzilla anim just got slapped on later. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, HavoX said:

...Don't look into the eye, don't look into the eye, don't look into the eye...

 

Hey wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense.

gjuWH8s.png 

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, 40oz said:

racism is in the eye of the beholder.

You're mistaking DW with the both sides forum again.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, 40oz said:

Yeah it is.

 

Checkmate, I guess...?

Sorry, my bad. I simply forgot I was talking to someone who actually, genuinely believes that using words like "*igger" isn't any racist at all, and purely fun and comical instead. So here's your (very brief and simple) definition.

 

Also the attempt to apply the same "logic" to beauty and racism is worthy of a facepalm or two. Obviously one thing is based on subjective taste, while the other is based on a widely accepted (for good reasons) and well understood definition with objective criteria.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone who thinks that the uganda meme is racist needs to check his head

Share this post


Link to post

I think I managed to find the most accurate video which sums up: 1) this thread 2) Stupid Ugandan meme thingy 3) General racism something-something.

 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Sorry, my bad. I simply forgot I was talking to someone who actually, genuinely believes that using words like "*igger" isn't any racist at all

I hope somebody some day will tell you in words you can understand, that you pretend to know what people are thinking and if you just asked them for clarification you wouldn't have to live in a world with so many evil villains.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Obviously one thing is based on subjective taste, while the other is based on a widely accepted (for good reasons) and well understood definition with objective criteria.

Except surprise!! People have different ideas prejudice and discrimination. There are (non-white) people who genuinely believe that not segregating based on race is racist.

 

So yeah, racism IS in the eye of the beholder and boy did this thread derail frickin fast.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, 40oz said:

I hope somebody some day will tell you in words you can understand, that you pretend to know what people are thinking and if you just asked them for clarification you wouldn't have to live in a world with so many evil villains.

y'know if people need to ask for clarification to figure out what you're really saying, is there really a point to pretending to use words because otherwise you might as well just be slamming your face against the keyboard

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Arctangent said:

y'know if people need to ask for clarification to figure out what you're really saying, is there really a point to pretending to use words because otherwise you might as well just be slamming your face against the keyboard

I dont know what any of this means. I write in legible sentences, so yeah I think there is a point.

Share this post


Link to post

Reads thread

 

Yeah not touching this subject with a ten foot barge pole! 

 

Arguing this kind of stuff on the Internet is like pissing in the wind. You won't achieve anything except getting really annoyed and slightly piss stained.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×