I'm just wondering what people think of doom snap map. Likes and dislikes 

Cute little toy, but filled with garbage maps, 80% of maps I played there feel the same, plus It's too limited, there's just no motivation to make maps for it, Makes me wish id software would go back to traditional texturing because apparently Megatextures are one of the reasons why we didn't get proper SDK.

The concept has a lot of potential but the tools we got for custom rooms are still too limited and buggy, despite id Software's attempts to cater more for them in successive updates.  Scope for a more granular approach to patching maps together a la Skyrim's Creation Kit could have made SnapMap into a powerful editor, but it would probably have required scrapping a lot of the existing code for SnapMap and rebuilding from scratch.  Perhaps they might try a more granular version of the same approach for the next Doom.

1 person likes this

Check out my thread Saxon.. there are some incredible maps, however only a small amount of good mappers..

1 person likes this

Literally two threads below this one : 

Console limitations are my biggest gripe.  It is obvious that a lot of the problems are due to having the maps be interconnected between xbox, pc and playstation.  They should release a exclusive PC version in the future to keep it alive after the the current gen goes away.

It wuold of been cool to edit monster skins much like what we can do for player character in MP.