Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #540

And nobody noticed these shiny new reviews? I'm feeling so happy that they're atleast posted and we can reduce backlog more. 

Hi @Bloodshedder i sent you various screenshots via email, did you not receive them? Is it better to just use Dropbox or similar and give links in future?

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Hi @Bloodshedder i sent you various screenshots via email, did you not receive them? Is it better to just use Dropbox or similar and give links in future?

No, I never got them, best try again or use some other method.

I still need to read the rest of the reviews but I have finished reading magicsofa's top few. I must say, they're pretty entertaining! It also makes me more curious about the Wads. Good write ups, I hope to see more.

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

I still need to read the rest of the reviews but I have finished reading magicsofa's top few. I must say, they're pretty entertaining! It also makes me more curious about the Wads. Good write ups, I hope to see more.

You can also contribute in review center if you wish and reduce some backlog. Playing and reviewing things are fun. 

On 21.1.2018 at 5:03 PM, Bloodshedder said:
  • Chainworm Kommando - Chainworm666
  • Doom 2 - Single Player - ZDoom Compatible - 4.61 MB - screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif screenie.gif
    Reviewed by: Spie812
    MAP02: Another techbase, this time with a different theme. However, it's still pretty bad and suffers from some weird design choices. You know the Icon of Sin? There's a room with those head textures on a wall with an air vent leading into the brain. What?

Regarding the Icon of Sin: The map is called "Underground Labs", and it's supposed to show some experiments and stuff scientists have done with demons etc. The room with the Icon of Sin is supposed to be some kind of containment chamber where the caught that large demon to do some experiments with it. So it's supposed to be strapped/fixed in a device and connected to tubes and stuff (there are some flowing liquids coming in and out of the head to the side for example). The scientists wanted to know how the enemy spawner in the head of the Icon of Sin works and connected it to some probes etc.

I have to agree most of the rest of the review; I would do the first 2-3 maps in different ways; I learned a lot of new stuff on my "journey" from start to end of the project, but I didn't want to start stuff over after spending almost a year with it, so I kept them. But I have to agree, a lot of stuff could have been done better or in different ways.