Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

1 Hour Speedmaps - 2018 edition

Recommended Posts

Couldn't come up with anything functional that I was happy with in one hour, but it was fun trying it out at least! I'll probably use the base for a larger map later on.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Couldn't come up with anything functional that I was happy with in one hour

 

I can barely manage half a dozen rooms in a two hour speed map.  What I'd have after only 60 minutes doesn't really bear thinking about :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Benjo's map UV Max (first pass):

1hrbenjo2_v2-323.zip

 

Pretty fun cramped slaughterish map. Actually what does the Blue Skull do, or is it just a sort of waypoint?

Yeah, I put the blue key there just because the player needs to step there to open the way to the cacos and the yellow key, lol. It used to just be the backpack and shells but I thought that might not be tempting enough.

 

Here's my max :D

 

 

1hrbenjo2_v2-215.zip

Share this post


Link to post

It's surprisingly difficult to make anything relevant in an hour of mapping. I really struggled to make my map and in the end it took closer to an hour and 20. That's without any testing or skill settings whatsoever. This really was an interesting challenge.

Share this post


Link to post

Alrighty, whipped one up, but it took me a little bit passed the 1 hour mark, hope that doesn't disqualify me.

Map Name: Hamlet

Midi: Tulku4, one of the midis from Hexen 2

Time: 1hr 15min, 45 min testing and Cleanup.

Format: Limit Removing (just had to have a slope or two).

 

love some feedback as i'm still trying to balance it a bit.

 

EDIT: accidentally sent the wad without the map, and fixed an error preventing map exit, sorry XD

 

 

DFF_Hamlet.zip

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

Alrighty, whipped one up, but it took me a little bit passed the 1 hour mark, hope that doesn't disqualify me.

Map Name: Hamlet

Midi: Tulku4, one of the midis from Hexen 2

Time: 1hr 15min, 45 min testing and Cleanup.

Format: Limit Removing (just had to have a slope or two).

 

love some feedback as i'm still trying to balance it a bit.

 

EDIT: accidentally sent the wad without the map, and fixed an error preventing map exit, sorry XD

 

 

DFF_Hamlet.zip

 

This is a zdoom map, not limit-removing in the classical sense (ie Doom 2 Format in the editor)... still, i found it fairly fun.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

 

This is a zdoom map, not limit-removing in the classical sense (ie Doom 2 Format in the editor)... still, i found it fairly fun.

sorry i was unfamiliar with that terminology, is there anything i can do to fix it so its withing this sense? (doom in boom format?).

also i changed the map type to doom in doom format, and other than the textures not wanting to apprear in the editor the map operated exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

sorry i was unfamiliar with that terminology, is there anything i can do to fix it so its withing this sense? (doom in boom format?).

also i changed the map type to doom in doom format, and other than the textures not wanting to apprear in the editor the map operated exactly the same.

It seems as though your graphics all need to be converted from png's to doom format textures and flats - if you are using Slade, there's a few guides for this around. Additionally, slopes and MAPINFO, etc, are zdoom only features. It appears as though most of your linedef actions are vanilla compat so it probably won't take much to get this working in the intended sourceports... zdoom handles some things differently, so it's worth getting PRBoom+ to test limit-removing maps.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It seems as though your graphics all need to be converted from png's to doom format textures and flats - if you are using Slade, there's a few guides for this around. Additionally, slopes and MAPINFO, etc, are zdoom only features. It appears as though most of your linedef actions are vanilla compat so it probably won't take much to get this working in the intended sourceports... zdoom handles some things differently, so it's worth getting PRBoom+ to test limit-removing maps.

thanks, will do. i do have prboom+ from an earlier map i did for a project, just wasn't completely sure.

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DanielAlexander said:

My map: Fist of Justice

fistjust.zip

midi: from Survive in Hell map20

time: 1h 8m

 

Heh, my FDA ended up faster than the time of the max in the zip, thanks to some lucky infighting.

 

fistjust_rd_fda.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, took a while but now I believe for the most part its PRBOOM friendly.

 

Map Name: Hamlet

Midi: Tulku4, one of the midis from Hexen 2

Time: 1hr 15min, 45 min testing and Cleanup.

Format: Limit Removing

DFF_Hamlet_PRBOOM.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Quick 1st exit for Fist of Justice on -fast, because why not. This is pretty RNG-dependent and tough because if you get 15+ HKs left at the end, which is easy because fast HKs demolish the cyb, good luck punching those! But this was pretty amusing because I managed to not have to berserk anything! 

 

fistjust_rd_fast.zip

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Killer5 said:

uh.. cl9

So... the player is supposed to punch out the Baron? Because you'll stuck in the crusher forever... Is it a dark humor or something that you "died" like this...

Share this post


Link to post

@rdwpa Icky Vicky is a great little map, I loved that every incorrect movement had its own punish and great use of that pain elemental at the start. Took me a few attempts to realise that I couldn't bum-rush the rocket launcher though which lead to some stupid deaths haha.

 

@Benjogami This map was a lot of fun, UV/Max took about 5 minutes, but the map could probably be done incredibly quickly with foreknowledge. I actually really like this map a lot, the combat is really fluid and there is a sense that the map is kind of built on the 'rules of slaughter' in a way; for instance having to push through the imps with the rocket launcher at the start and then using your BFG shot to get more ammo.

 

Doing this live if anyone is interested and reads this post at the right time somehow (4Head): https://www.twitch.tv/nirvana985

Edited by Nirvana

Share this post


Link to post

Whoops, I made another one.

 

Something Something Explosions (limit removing, -cl2)

 

This took longer than I hoped, Gameplay's probably rushed and all, but at least I got the urge to map over with.

 

UPDATE: Fixed a few visual stuff and slightly adjusted gamplay bits. Please redownload.

Edited by Breezeep

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, this seemed fun, and my intuition was right, it was fun, though stressful. I forgot to actually trigger the alarm clock, but that's not to worry, since I was jumpy enough to constantly check my time, and after it had gone few minutes overtime, I was just putting finishing touches.

 

Oh, right. I started it as a Boom map, but I didn't actually use any of its features, so it's a Vanilla map, second one this month!

 

Map name: Six Pillars

Map slot: Map01

Co op starts, no DM

Difficulty slightly implemented

Check readme for further info and the thrilling story.

Share this post


Link to post

Map made in a bit over an hour (well a lot over an hour including testing etc.) on stream. Was fun to make and it's a mess to play. Just the way I like it:

 

Smallfry

 

Midi: Port of Adia from Turok 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

Map made in a bit over an hour (well a lot over an hour including testing etc.) on stream. Was fun to make and it's a mess to play. Just the way I like it:

 

Smallfry

 

Midi: Port of Adia from Turok 2

 

Here's an FDA with saves, and a 2nd exit without saves. Looks like some revs don't TP in.

 

Fun. :D

 

Smallfry_demos.zip

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

Alright, took a while but now I believe for the most part its PRBOOM friendly.

 

Map Name: Hamlet

Midi: Tulku4, one of the midis from Hexen 2

Time: 1hr 15min, 45 min testing and Cleanup.

Format: Limit Removing

DFF_Hamlet_PRBOOM.zip

Here's a complevel 9 FDA:

 

Hamlet_pbboom_fda_benjogami.zip

 

The sky transfer is a bit messed up in complevel 9, but since limit-removing is complevel 2 (where the sky is just the usual Doom2 sky), I suppose it's my fault for playing on the wrong complevel. :)

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

Here's a complevel 9 FDA:

 

Hamlet_pbboom_fda_benjogami.zip

 

The sky transfer is a bit messed up in complevel 9, but since limit-removing is complevel 2 (where the sky is just the usual Doom2 sky), I suppose it's my fault for playing on the wrong complevel. :)

yeah i noticed that happened sometimes. not sure how to fix that since if i opened prboom+ and then added the wad, the sky was screwy, however if I ran the map through gzdoom builder (with prboom+ still) the sky worked perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Killer5 said:

Here is a map. I made the start of this thing a long time ago.. but it only took like 2 minutes to make.

 

Total time 57 minutes.

 

tested in cl9

 

Map is called: for archi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5p6p3tsj8i59mu/for_archi.wad?dl=0

pretty funny map, expected platforming to be a lot harder though

thanks for the map, I guess?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×