WHO WILL WIN? Go Patriots

E

A

G

L

E

S

E A G L E S

real talk though they cut to a shot of carson wentz smiling on the sidelines after large penis nicholas's 30th td and i think it impregnated me

really real talk if the jagwires played aggressively they would have beat the pats

the eagles are super duper aggressive and i have no doubt that they're better than the jaggies so i think we're gonna win

Justin Timberlake is in the Superbowl halftime again? I remember another time when that didn't go well. #wardrobemalfunction

Despite my bias of the patriots being my local Sportbawl Team, I am going to say they didn't beat the Jaguars. The Jaguars beat the Jaguars with 98 yards worth of penalties.

1 hour ago, Vorpal said:

The Jaguars beat the Jaguars with 98 yards worth of penalties.

Slightly disagree here, 70 of those yards came from 2 separate 35 yard dpi calls, both of which were garbage.  Dpi calls have to be the worst things in the game.  In addition to seemingly random enforcement, placing the ball at the spot of the foul is just terrible and encourages offences to use it as a viable strategy for "moving" the ball.

None of that means the Jags would've won otherwise if the penalty calls were different, but I do think they played about as well as they could have given they were on the road vs brady.

The vikings?  Well, before the game I asked a buddy what was going to be worse:  Losing yet another nfccg like they always do? OR winning their first one since their last one 42 fucking years ago and then becoming the first team to have homefield advantage in the superbowl only to be inevitably embarrassed by the patriots?

He laughed, and I opted for a loss against the eagles.  But I assumed they'd at lose by no more than 10 to 14 points.  Never, ever doubt the vikings.  They WILL find ways to exceed even the most nihilistic of predictions.

bit early dont you think?

anyway its a shame the Patriots are in again, hoping for an upset but also kinda hoping for the Pats to win again so i can grin at all the whiners and whingers about 'rigged' and the WWE-NFL etc.

Speaking of WWE, the Royal Rumble is this Sunday. People make fun of me and ask why I watch a fake sport; I answer back that at least I know for a fact the winners are pre-determined. (Also funnily enough there are rumors that Vince McMahon might be buying an NFL team)

On topic, I'm really curious how the overall ratings are. It sure seems a number of people were turned off by all the politics so I'm interested to see how its affected, if at all.

The Patriots v Jaguars game pulled a rating/share of 27.3/50. That's the highest rated show on TV since the last Super Bowl. And the Vikings v Eagles had 42.3 million viewers. 

The NFL is down a bit, but reports of Football's death are greatly exaggerated.