• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

4 very brown square maps for Doomsday.

3 hours ago, bonnie said:

but that isn't brown OR square

i cant believe you lied to me

The floor is brown, at least in that shot. And the pillars with the torches are square. So there is brown in the map and there are squares in the map.

But the maps are not ENTIRELY brown and square, so feel free to continue to feel betrayed.

I started playing in GZDoom. Lots of 'Exclamation-Mark-Missing-Objects'. Didn't seem to affect anything. I had to cheat right away. There's a G1 switch I couldn't even see from the starting spot under normal lighting. Played MAP01 until I hit an area where three walls dropped, but the fourth didn't, and that was the path forward. Quit and checked in an editor. Linedef tag 20 is a W1 'Lower Floor to 8 above Highest Adjacent', but the sector next to that fourth wall has a floor up to the ceiling. It'll never drop. Okay until then. If I have time, I'll go back, clip through that wall and check out the rest.

The missing objects in GZDoom are most probably Doomsday light things. Since it's a Doomsday map, you really should play it in Doomsday; or perhaps in Risen3D. It's pointless to list how it doesn't work in a different port.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

It's pointless to list how it doesn't work in a different port.

So you're saying Memfis shouldn't have asked if it worked in GZDoom, and I shouldn't have responded to his question?

15 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

So you're saying Memfis shouldn't have asked if it worked in GZDoom, and I shouldn't have responded to his question?

yes

4 hours ago, Gez said:

The missing objects in GZDoom are most probably Doomsday light things. Since it's a Doomsday map, you really should play it in Doomsday; or perhaps in Risen3D. It's pointless to list how it doesn't work in a different port.

2 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

2 hours ago, bonnie said:

yes

If the map is designed to work in only 1 specific port, state that in the OP. If you suspect that the map will only work in a particular port (or ports), list those in the OP. If you suspect that particular features may not work (or will not work) in a particular port, state that in the OP.

That would short-circuit these sort of questions and responses.

I've re-uploaded the wad to fix a typo in the ded definitions that led to a barrier on Map04 lowering before it should.

I should have taken a screenshot of the map in Doomsday yes, but I can't figure out where it places screenshots.

8 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Just saying "no, it doesn't work correctly in GZDoom" would have been sufficient I think.