Find results in...
[McD] James

John Cena in talks to star as Duke Nukem in upcoming movie

19 minutes ago, uhbooh said:

DUCKNUKEM.PNG

Basically.

Also I know the place.

4 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Duke nukem? Nah! An Operation body count movie is where it's at!

I would watch that. Or a movie of the Plutonia plot.

18 hours ago, Ajora said:

I like John Cena, but this has "bad idea" written all over it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cena-talks-star-video-game-adaptation-duke-nukem-1077194

i don't see the point in this at all. there are alot of movies about games, some are good but this is taking it too far. some of the duke nukem games are good and others are not, and this is most likely based on one of the new ones. i bet this is going to do bad in the box office and will lose more money this it will earn. and john cena is just an asshole in general.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone call John Cena an asshole. He's a good worker, is well liked by his co-workers backstage, always comes across as humble and down to earth, has a good sense of humor, and he presently holds the record for most make-a-wishes granted by a single individual. Not a single thing about his personality points to him being an asshole. 

This is not going to bode well with either the Duke Nukem or wrestling communities at all.

Much like a Duke Nukem video game, I think the only way a Duke Nukem movie will work is if it takes the Doom 2016 route and is as absurd as physically possible so that it has comedic value going for it. Doom 3 tried to take the serious route with UAC covering up its connections to Hell, Doom 2016 cranks it up to absurd levels by having the UAC not only admit it but be proud of it. Duke Nukem Forever tried to convince us to take its world seriously, and I think that's where it falls apart. That and just having way too moments where there's no action going on.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone call John Cena an asshole. He's a good worker, is well liked by his co-workers backstage, always comes across as humble and down to earth, has a good sense of humor, and he presently holds the record for most make-a-wishes granted by a single individual. Not a single thing about his personality points to him being an asshole. 

If I had to guess, I'd say a lot of people hate him simply because of how popular he is, especially after he became a meme.

8 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Duke nukem? Nah! An Operation body count movie is where it's at!

Catacombs movie where that one midi track loops over and over again.

Does John Cena even realize this movie has "flop" written all over it? It has the potential to be so terrible, it might even rival Cutthroat Island.

With respect to JSJ, Duke was killed a while ago, and his last couple performances as Duke came as bored, disinterested, and off, whether that was from him or bad direction given to him.

13 hours ago, Xorceles said:

for god sake why not the original voice actor that is the saddest news i seen in this month!!!

Because this man is capable of looking like the character and performing his actions on set. I'm sure you mean the voice, but the way you phrased it almost sounds like you want him in the role directly. On that note, however:

10 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Just dub John St. John over him in post-production and it'll be fine.

Why doesn't Hollywood ever have dual roles like this outside of facially obscured/CG characters? Hell, we could recreate the likeness of movie stars from times gone by with lookalikes dubbed by soundalikes. I'd prefer to see that when bringing back old characters than to keep seeing them Doctor-Who it every time the original performer aged too much or died.

3 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

image-163.jpg.fd3964b312620f5250369ac118499d1f.jpg

Looks like JSJ does not like it.

Didn't JSJ recorded Duke saying bazinga?

2 hours ago, Blastfrog said:

Because this man is capable of looking like the character and performing his actions on set. I'm sure you mean the voice, but the way you phrased it almost sounds like you want him in the role directly. On that note, however:

Why doesn't Hollywood ever have dual roles like this outside of facially obscured/CG characters? Hell, we could recreate the likeness of movie stars from times gone by with lookalikes dubbed by soundalikes. I'd prefer to see that when bringing back old characters than to keep seeing them Doctor-Who it every time the original performer aged too much or died.

yes that is what i mean john cena looks nice like dk but his fuc**** voice sucks as dk they need the original voice

1 hour ago, Xorceles said:

yes that is what i mean john cena looks nice like dk but his fuc**** voice sucks as dk they need the original voice

You know humans have the ability to change their voice, right? Some people even get paid to do just that for games and movies!

5 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

With respect to JSJ, Duke was killed a while ago, and his last couple performances as Duke came as bored, disinterested, and off, whether that was from him or bad direction given to him.

That's probably why there's an option to use Old Duke in the menu of the World Tour. He just doesn't seem to have it anymore, it's very jarring hearing his new lines compared to the old ones. He just doesn't have that aggression in him anymore.

1 hour ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

I would watch it  just because of the Lolz, I mean.

''... And Im all outta of gum. '' 

Rowdy Roddy Piper said it better.

While the whole idea of a Duke Nukem movie seems unnecessary and 20 years too late to me, it's not like someone is making a Dark Souls or Deus Ex movie, where something really epic and interesting is going to be mangled by someone who doesn't understand the material. The only way they could fuck this up is by not making it crass and irrelevant enough.

Edited by DoomUK

10 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

You know humans have the ability to change their voice, right? Some people even get paid to do just that for games and movies!

sadly not all i am with the original voice actor just don't kill dk the cg movie would be ok not that crap (imo)

Make of this what you will. 

Also , Appologies for making the new thread , somehow didn't see this massive thread about it. My bad.

Edited by PizzaGuy : ..

I just realized... why are they going for John Cena?

It needs a bigger budget like the Rock can deliver. The Rock as a blonde guy... perfect. Mark Wahlburg is pretty jakked up too, just not compared to Cena.

9 minutes ago, geo said:

I just realized... why are they going for John Cena?

Possibly because the movie will be PG rated and aiming for a younger demographic. If they were going for authenticity, then they'd be speaking with Mickey Rourke instead right now.

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Possibly because the movie will be PG rated and aiming for a younger demographic. If they were going for authenticity, then they'd be speaking with Mickey Rourke instead right now.

Authenticity would be Dolf Lungren! ... uh minus 30 years, but you know authentic!

2 hours ago, geo said:

It needs a bigger budget like the Rock can deliver. The Rock as a blonde guy... perfect. Mark Wahlburg is pretty jakked up too, just not compared to Cena.

John Cena literally has the exact look already. Rock looks nothing like Duke Nukem and he doesn't even have hair. Your Dolph Lundgren comment though is absolutely correct.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

John Cena has been in R-rated movies and has been slowly phasing out of his WWE kid friendly image for a while now.

Dwayne's got the muscles and the personality but I'd really rather not see Hollywood return to the practice of trying to change performers' races for the camera. Just has bad idea written all over it, especially now.