Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xorceles

Freedoom 2 Greyscale Mod

I tried to get the zip and got this message:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2S328/1

Greetings

Funduke

2 hours ago, funduke said:

I tried to get the zip and got this message:

Greetings

Funduke

Fixed :) sorry when i changed the old screenshot for better ones i accidentally deleted the attachment xD

Hi Xorceles.

The thing you did is not bad, but I'll prefer to see few more colors. I mean, to make game more stylish it's better to save red and yellow colors,for the example. Or just red (to make it like the Sin City).

8 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Hi Xorceles.

The thing you did is not bad, but I'll prefer to see few more colors. I mean, to make game more stylish it's better to save red and yellow colors,for the example. Or just red (to make it like the Sin City).

nice idea i gonna try that :)

jupiter_ex, may I use that piece of music, assuming it's yours? I want to extend this idea by creating a general-purpose GZDoom mod that creates an old-timey doom experience, preferably even working across a large number of popular mods.

Edited by sarge945

On 6/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, sarge945 said:

jupiter_ex, may I use that piece of music, assuming it's yours...

It is mine. I forgot to link it in here but I expanded on this idea some time after:

And my idea was to make a mod too. Take a look at what I did. That's the idea I had in mind. Somebody else already asked me if they could make a mod out of it. I work in game development but have to admit I never made a doom mod. So I don't really know what fate the old timey doom mod should be anymore :P

3 hours ago, jupiter_ex said:

It is mine. I forgot to link it in here but I expanded on this idea some time after:

And my idea was to make a mod too. Take a look at what I did. That's the idea I had in mind. Somebody else already asked me if they could make a mod out of it. I work in game development but have to admit I never made a doom mod. So I don't really know what fate the old timey doom mod should be anymore :P

These are really fantastic! They would be great as level music. Unfortunately, they are a bit too short and there aren't many of them. But maybe I could mix them together or play one after the other instead of having level music using some ACS magic. Also, MP3 files (without hiss) are the best, since I am adding my own hiss through post-processing in-game dynamically, so it always sounds the same no matter what music I play (I am currently using some free honky-tonk piano music from KEvin Mcleod)

Would it be too much of a bother to request a couple more songs, so the repetition doesn't get as boring, and a DM2TTL song as well (which is like, 4 notes)?

Either way, this is fantastic, and I love every aspect of it.

Also, I may have just sussed out how to actually do the ACS to create intertitle cards, with time freezing, so that mod author doesn't need to worry :)

The first 2 songs loop because I was actually proposing them as soundtrack for the b/w mod guy. The next 2 are purposefully non looping and short because I had already ditched the idea and just wanted to make a video. But I can totally make them loop (they loop in their original versions). I can totally send you the clean versions of them four. I shouldn't have too much problem making some more when I have the time.

Like I said in that thread... I actually wanted to make the mod myself :D, but I should have to sit down and take a look at Doom modding and I honestly really don't know when that's gonna be. A couple of people came along telling me they wanted to make a mod and I guess it's ok as long as there is no problem if I ever eventually release the mod that I had in mind. (Another thing that had me hesitant about a mod was if Xorceles who actually proposed the original b/w mod would somehow consider I was ripping off his idea)

Edited by jupiter_ex : confusion