Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akenore

Strange bug with UACVPRB map

Need some help o' doom lords. I recently downloaded UACVPRB to mess around with complex/lca and zandronum. Every time I load the map I get an error that crashes the game and opens up a zandronum error prompt. Is there something I might be doing wrong? I love the giant maps and this one seemed pretty damn awesome. 

Moddb says:

A very large map started in 2015, this map tries not to go much beyond the techbase style of The Shores of Hell, it is intended to be at the detailing levels of maps made around 2002~2005 where ZDoom was starting to have a more powerfull mapping.

Source Port Required: GZDoom 2.2.0 or above
IWAD: Doom 2
Mod compatible: Yes

This map is intended to be played only with the features the engine has to offer by its own, jumping and crouching in case, but it is still compatible with any mod, difficulty adjusts the amount of monsters in crucial parts but don't affect items or ammo yet, it have one slaughterfest moment but it is not unfair at this point since the map will provide infinite supplies until the first half of that moment is completed, anyway most part of the time the map is fast-paced difficulty. This is also a GZDoom exclusive map, since it uses UDMF features to work properly, it contains certain non-linear gameplay, light ACS scripting and some objective making other than get keycards.

P.S: If you want it to play it on Software, i recommend play it in OpenGL simulating Software renderer then, because Skybox and outside fog will break in Software mode.

P.S 2: Zandronum currently can't handle this map due to it cross the 32767 limit of map extension, only GZDoom can run it by now due to have the floating point rewrite code for maps, removing of this extension limit.

7 hours ago, grrfield said:

This is also a GZDoom exclusive map, since it uses UDMF features to work properly, it contains certain non-linear gameplay, light ACS scripting and some objective making other than get keycards.

P.S 2: Zandronum currently can't handle this map due to it cross the 32767 limit of map extension, only GZDoom can run it by now due to have the floating point rewrite code for maps, removing of this extension limit.

ah crap, that makes sense. looks like ima have to go download GZdoom!

Ohh seems i mislooked this, well since grrfield responded already i'll just leave the note that if you are downloading GZDoom to play the map with Complex Doom, probably it is Complex Doom which will stop working then, because i remember it using native actors that only Zandronum have, so i'm not sure if the mix you want to play will be possible.