Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Net neutrality

Yeah sure it can be removed...

Or you could click the large (X) button in the top right corner... Was that too much too ask?

As in permanently remove to never show up again? Don't think so, but then there's always a cute little "X" button on the top right corner of the message.

Is it being left for posterity? Is the issue still ongoing? I find it distracting and a bit jarring to have a pop-up exclaiming Urgent! with a countdown that expired months ago still up. The cacowards will be visited far into the future, long after the banner’s issue is no long relative. I’m pretty sure it’s no longer relative right now.

20 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Is it being left for posterity? Is the issue still ongoing? I find it distracting and a bit jarring to have a pop-up exclaiming Urgent! with a countdown that expired months ago still up. The cacowards will be visited far into the future, long after the banner’s issue is no long relative. I’m pretty sure it’s no longer relative right now.

It's more relative than ever before! The fight is far from over, though we the people must not give up, or give in. I'm hoping the Supreme Court steps in and defends neutrality as it has done multiple times in the past.

Yup, still receiving mails about this. Turns out the net neutrality fighters are pretty darn close to winning. Although last thing I heard of (this week or last one) was that they needed only one more senator to seal the deal, although there are some stuff that needs to be taken care of as well. It isn't a lost cause, and even if it was, it certainly was spectacular :)

I was glad that the Cacowards included that (it usually gets linked from various gaming press sites every year) but it does seem redundant now.

@Linguica

2 hours ago, fraggle said:

I was glad that the Cacowards included that (it usually gets linked from various gaming press sites every year) but it does seem redundant now.

I concur, it's time to replace it with a paywall for the articles!

If I understand this correctly, from a legal standpoint, the FCC will have to prove in court that revoking the rules actually solves the problem, right?

Previous topic about NN was locked, but you just simply made another and suddenly admins don't care? Interesting..

Also it's almost offtopic here unlike previous topic, that was at least in "Something else" section.

Edited by Matthias : adding something

5 hours ago, Matthias said:

Previous topic about NN was locked, but you just simply made another and suddenly admins don't care? Interesting..

Also it's almost offtopic here unlike previous topic, that was at least in "Something else" section.

It's not a web forum without NN being brought up at every opportunity