Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Announcement regarding future Eagle sessions

I'll mostly be leaving the Doom community in February to focus more on life. I feel like the Internet, as well as most of the other communities I'm involved in, changed my life by making me basically glued to a screen, be it computer, or mobile. That's why I feel like taking a bit of a break from Doom.

That said, that means that Eagle sessions are entering a hiatus. Why? I will still be on here, but not as much as before. I want to cut time I spend on the Internet, and that means I'll have to cut the time I use for organizing/speedmapping/compiling/bugfixing to a minimum. What I will do during my break (and is related to my presence here) is the following:

a) Check every Eagle until now, find any errors in main WAD, fix and (re)send to the archives

b) Possibly continue my participation in the Ironman League as my runs are short anyway :D

c) Focus on my main project when I have enough time on hand.

I hope everybody understands.

Goodbye for now.

Sad to hear. I had fun with the sessions I partook in. Good luck to your future endeavors my dude. 

7 minutes ago, NaZa said:

I'll mostly be leaving the Doom community in February to focus more on life. I feel like the Internet, as well as most of the other communities I'm involved in, changed my life by making me basically glued to a screen, be it computer, or mobile. That's why I feel like taking a bit of a break from Doom.

That said, that means that Eagle sessions are entering a hiatus. Why? I will still be on here, but not as much as before. I want to cut time I spend on the Internet, and that means I'll have to cut the time I use for organizing/speedmapping/compiling/bugfixing to a minimum. What I will do during my break (and is related to my presence here) is the following:

a) Check every Eagle until now, find any errors in main WAD, fix and (re)send to the archives

b) Possibly continue my participation in the Ironman League as my runs are short anyway :D

c) Focus on my main project when I have enough time on hand.

I hope everybody understands.

Goodbye for now.

Good luck with your new focus, whatever that should happen to be. Doom, and the internet in general, should not be so all encompassing (at least, in my opinion) that you miss out on the other aspects of life. Enjoy yourself and we'll see you back here when your online travels bring you this way.

@NaZa Good luck with the focus for important priorities and I think that you'll come back with another Eagle session in due time....

ATTN! ATTN! My tastes and priorities have changed, everyone will have to re-schedule their entire 2018 calendar because I'm the fulcrum of the community!

Just now, Memfis said:

Am I still playtesting your wad?

It really depends, as my work will be cut, but you (and other playtesters) are still playtesting. I plan on maybe sending a more complete version (7 levels -> 15 levels that sorta thing) rather than level-by-level as the whole process will be slower now. But, as I said in c), I'll try to still focus on it as much as I can.

Good luck my dude, good on you for deciding to make a change. An Eagle session was what first got me actively involved in Doomworld after literally years of lurking. Even though I didn't participate in subsequent sessions (I felt like I was too slow a mapper), the one I did contribute to was an important moment in my personal history with Doom. Thanks for making that possible.