Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Pigeon Speedmapping 4 -- Guns of the Birds(uploaded in idgames)

Hello!!! It's almost time for pigeons to spread their wings once more!!! Prepare your guns, medikits and secret soulsphere!!!

QGb18F1.png

BASIC RULES:
It will be held on February 3rd, 2018. 
You will have 4 hours to complete your map.
Your map(s) must be Boom compatible (-complevel 9). Using boom actions, however, is not required.
You will be given 3 themes once the session begins, with a bonus theme for the second session.
ALL maps and updates CAN be added on discord channel or in this thread. 
But this means that you need include basic template with all main information about map in your zip file.
Zip file MUST have username and version number if updates will be added.
Custom midis and skies are encouraged, but you don't have to upload them at the same time as your map!
You'll probably have at least a day or two to add a custom midi/sky (read more below).

You can write Mapinfo for ZDoom ports to define sky, music and level if you want. If you don't know how to do it, we'll do it for you. 
You'll still be required to replace music and transfer sky in boom format way, because prboom+ won't read Mapinfo (maybe in far future). And I'll add level names through Dehacked for PrBoom+.
You MUST include coop starts!
You must incorporate at least one theme into your map.

CUSTOM TEXTURES:
This time, I won't use anything fancy, so you can use cc4-tex as your main resource wad besides Doom II.
Quick update: I decided add 32in24-15 texure resource, feel free add them besides traditional cc4-tex 
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve8030kgl1tla3b/32in24-15_tex_v2.zip?dl=1
Please only use the texture pack if you're confident in your ability to correctly add it to your wad!!
Custom textures ABSOLUTELY MUST:
Not already be a part of cc4-tex.wad
Not have generic names like WFALL or something
If necessary, use the 3-letter naming convention mentioned below (i.e. MYHFALL)
Not be an entire other texture pack
ALL be used in your map
Unused textures/flats have to removed (you can use maintenance in SLADE to do this)
You may use a custom sky if you're confident in your ability to use one.
You MUST use a boom sky-transfer action for this.
Your sky MUST start with a 3-letter prefix. For example, I would name my sky MYHSKY or MYH_SKY.
If you really want add a sky but aren't sure how to do it, ask in the discord! We'll try our best to explain it.
If you fail to correctly add a custom sky, I will simply remove the sky entirely. You'll still have a few days to correct it though, so don't worry about it.

SESSION TIMES:
Session 1: 7am EST/12pm GMT.
Session 2: 3pm EST/8pm GMT.
for navigation - http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ - Type in ET for one side and your timezone/city in the other.

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/QdqjVv9

Hopefully, this goes even better than the last session!! ;)
If you have any questions please PM me or ask in the discord!!!!!

Spoiler

Most of the changes were just for time and some rules were reconsidered. I still don't know what future will give us, but I believe that the most  things will be quite positive. Besides, break was a good thing for me and I'm ready to continue sessions and gain more experience as a mapper. 

Idgames link:

Edited by Myst.Haruko

As usual, I'm here to support her in this session. Map submissions will work in here and in the server so that the mappers can make more maps. And let's hope that this session can be better than the last one. Until saturday, prepare your editor and let your creativity flow!!!

Less than 5 days for the session. The themes that we have prepared will interest the mappers, so stay tuned for that.

Two days left. Nothing much to say, but still feeling quite positive under this big full moon. 

One day left. As long as I can do two maps for both sessions, it will be good ;)

Just letting people know that due to focusing on my request list this year, I will no longer be livestreaming the Pigeon or Eagle speedmapping sessions. However I hope everyone who takes part in this (and future) Pigeon sessions makes some good stuff!

I don't think I will participate in this session since I need to take the time to fulfill my commitments for 4800 hell knights since I have kind of been slacking in that regard and definitely don't have enough of my own map or the hub done to warrant me working on something else given the small amount of time I usually have each day

1 hour ago, therektafire said:

I don't think I will participate in this session since I need to take the time to fulfill my commitments for 4800 hell knights since I have kind of been slacking in that regard and definitely don't have enough of my own map or the hub done to warrant me working on something else given the small amount of time I usually have each day

It's alright. Take your time with other project and good luck. Don't stress way too much and do your best with those maps. 

Ok everyone. A short reminder for all who wants to participate.

Both sessions will have 4 hours each, plenty of time to cook a map eh?. I'll let you know the themes 20 minutes before the first session starts, so the mappers have a good idea of what to make.

Most important, 50 minutes remaining for the first session. Prepare your builder and go ham with the map!!!

Forgot to say something important. Submissions in here and the server that we have will be compiled.

Ok. The main themes are the following:

1. Use only bars, floor/ceiling lower and raising actions to seal players from monsters or puzzle solution. No door actions are used except for locked switches. That's the only exception. You can also use bars for an exception.
2. Tactical usage of berserk. (Place a berserk pack)
3. Add slaughter area......yup.

2 minutes remaining...

Edited by leodoom85

Welp. The session just finished and thanks Forli for the map.

Let's see if the second session is better than this first half.

Atleast I finished it,even if it will requires more fixes.

Map name: another try
Midi:none yet
build time: 4 hours with procrastination
resources used: cc4-tex and 32in24-15 textures. 

broken map.zip

Bonus theme for this session will be blood textures. Lots of wasted boiling(damaging) blood. Good luck.

Well. The session is over folks. If any of you guys have a unfinished map but have more than enough to be playable, submit it by all means. I'll accept it.
As for the contributions, thanks for participating. Even if we have a few maps, we'll keep it steady. :)

PmnWHHg.jpg

Download link

Name: Laid to Rest

Midi: "Dungeon" from Castlevania 64

Build time: 2h30

Resources: 32in24

Themes: zerk, blood, slaughter, maybe floors? you tell me

Map Name: Vacation Denied

Time: 4 hours and then some

Midi: "Corner Club" by Stuart Rynn

Resources: cc4.tex

Themes: All 4

edit: Had to update some stuff

Screenshot_Doom_20180203_192035.png

Edited by A2Rob

I making something, but i'm not sure about finishing it in time...

Here some screenshots:

X2QnFJh.png

kpb8JHg.png

2d2v2sJ.png

8mfCraz.png

I'll finish it as a standalone map. maybe...

27 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I making something, but i'm not sure about finishing it in time...

Here some screenshots:

[images]

I'll finish it as a standalone map. maybe...

If you can submit the map in time before the compilation, sure....try to finish it

Name: Baron's Fortress

Midi: None for now, I'll search for one later

Build time: 4 hours and a half

Resources: cc4-tex

Themes: Berserk and floor/ceiling actions

baronfor.zip

23 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

If you can submit the map in time before the compilation, sure....try to finish it

Ok...

EDIT: finished a sort of alpha of my map... even if the time limit are been pretty broken, however:

horisheetto.zip

Title: Ambush at the pharaoh tomb

New Graphics: CC4-TEX (32 in 24 15 version)

New music: none for now

Build time: 3 hours yesterday, 1 hour and half today

Themes: 1 in a extent, 3 and toxic blood bonus

Description: Not even sure if this could be acceptable... or beatable, since i didn't really beta-test this thing. Also, i wanted to do a trickery with a moving wall block, but in the end the trick get lost... how can a instant raising floors are been made?

Edited by Walter confetti