Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RjY

ngmvmt1 demos [-complevel 9]

Phml said:

NG Map05 UV Speed in 0:52

Dude, nice! You didn't even deathslide past the cybers this time! And yeah Qaatar, I seem to have gone through an odd mapping progression - instead of settling on one range of map size/monster count, I keep upping it just about every other map I make. I blame sunder for making me ambitious ;p

j4rio said:

ngmvmt1 map 1 max in 24:44

Nice job, happy there's a demo for it now since it's one of two maps I was concerned would be too save/reloady in parts to really complete. 14 will probably be about the same.

I also can't help wondering why there are only 3 reviews on it ... I get it's dense mappage, but it's been over a month now since I uploaded it, and I started the thread in January. Guess it just needs more time and an actual /newstuff chronicles review.

I haven't watched j4rio's demo but just seeing that he did a max for 01 made me replay the map. I remember I rather disliked it when you first posted it, but now I realise part of it was due to being a lesser player than what I am now.

There's still early poor design elements that thankfully you evolved past fast in your next maps ; lots of detail and height changes hindering player movement, not really rewarding secrets (though the very first one allows for saving some seconds which is kind of cool), and a general overabundance of archviles and door chokepoints. It's especially annoying for me in the later, slaughter part of the map. It's a shame because I find the first part of the map really enjoyable now, and the second part could be "fixed"/made more fun by simply having more flat (flatter?) floors. I guess I can only blame myself from not testing this one when it was the time to do so. :P

It seems reasonable to manage 16-18 minutes for a max on map01 as it is, though going fast is, no doubt, going to yield frustrating failures.

Yeah I could've looked at this map more, but I think it's good to have stuff to compare to later on versus all stuff you continually make better but never release. But to keep it on a slightly demo-related note, the maps I'd be most intrigued to see beat (13,14,21) would probably be the least fun to demo. Yay reverse-psychology ;)

13? I don't remember much about it, but it didn't seem too hard. Going to give it an half-assed try this afternoon.

ngmvmt1 map 5 max in 12:48

I wonder if there is any fresh bugfixed release of new gothic available. If yes, will any demos desync with it?

Also why the sudden demorecording calmness. It's such a recording-friendly wad, heh.

ngmvmt1map5max.zip

j4rio said:

new gothic movement "I used the buggy version"

There were tons of versions, so which one (desyncs on the idgames version for me)?

Here's my 1:20 UV-Speed run of ngmvmt1 map 4. I think I'm starting to like these slaughter-style maps :)

Try to see if you can pinpoint the exact moment that my nerves kicked in :)

ngmvmt1-4-120.zip

Wow nice runs phml, and done so quickly too. Did you already have the first one done? I doubt I can beat even the first run you posted, but I'll certainly give it a try.

I recorded these runs after watching your demo. I took a look at DSDA and seeing my old very first exit felt embarrassing (2:11!) so I just had to give it another go. :P

ngmvmt1 map 4 NM-Speed in 2:05.

I must have a penchant for wanting to make things really really hard on myself, even if I haven't recorded anything in quite awhile, heh.

ng04n205.zip