Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

Doomshack Plays

Doomshack Plays

What is it?

Doomkid hosts a server on a multiplayer port (odamex, zandronum, or zdaemon) with a random pvp wad for about 1-3 hours on a random day. This is not a weekly event, rather when we feel like doing nothing and playing games. A bunch of us get on voice-chat in discord and discuss the maps as we play them. Usually we purposely play bad wads, or old wads that were/are highly acclaimed to revisit them and re-evaluate them. We also play works in progress and new releases.

We love having a ton of people play with us, so please feel free to drop by! One of us will probably post before playing or a status to alert that we are about to begin.

Here is the discord link: https://discord.gg/fsQrVNznRd

Here's what we have played so far:

Classix

Doomkid's DM

Kid duel2

Vex Zdaemon

swarmDM

RageDM

Joe Ilya's Doom2 DM

Mega5.wad

The Last Strike 2004

Superfast DM

TNT Bloodlands

Crucified Dreams

2dm maps

Onslaught

Deathmatch Revival

Impromptu1

Staph1

Brit9

Styx

Dwango21 aka cuck.wad

Dwango20.wad

Greenwar2

Dynamite DM

Uptightdm

RUDM_.wad

IGpack

BucketDM 1

BucketDM 2

Here's what we have to play so far (we take all suggestions)
CRDM (skulltag)
UDM
various wads hosted on doomshack on zdaemon
deca
Sabbat Martyr
32 in 24 series
Skullvomit
Brit5-8
dweller2
Exec
Lazarus
Cybercrime 3
Uritedm
fragfest ?
asdfjkl;
lethal
vital aim
xenos
Nutty DM 1 and 2?
OMG maps

NESdeath

elv series by cybershark

danzig1 and 2 if not already covered in classix

ffi_z

Decided not to play on grounds of being too awful

Surge DM (31/32 maps symmetrical)

Motornerve DM (Shit with a bow on it)

Zodiac DM (Complete garbage)

Fetal (too many symmetrical maps)

Ancient4.dm (complete trash)

TinyDM (way too awful)

1995dm (No thanks)

Edited by Decay

May I suggest hosting with nobfg.wad from time to time? Imo it's too boring when every map is about getting to the BFG. And I'm always facing a dilemma: should I be a boring predictable lamer who just rushes to the BFG and wins, or should I be a gentleman who loses to another BFG lamer? Both options are sucky.

Does 2dm refer to 2dmmaps? If so, I really want to see that session. :D

I stumbled on this yesterday afternoon. Next time I'll join the voice chat too (I didn't realize about it until afterwards). Great fun though. I'd never played Crucified Dreams before, some of those maps were proper meat grinders!

5 hours ago, Memfis said:

May I suggest hosting with nobfg.wad from time to time? Imo it's too boring when every map is about getting to the BFG. And I'm always facing a dilemma: should I be a boring predictable lamer who just rushes to the BFG and wins, or should I be a gentleman who loses to another BFG lamer? Both options are sucky.

Does 2dm refer to 2dmmaps? If so, I really want to see that session. :D

Yea 2dmmaps is the one

I don't think we should ever host with nobfg because bfg is part of the map and intended play. Sure it sucks when every map has that but it is what it is. Do a better job of guarding the bfg or just spam it yourself, nobody cares. We are just trying to slam through the maps most of the time, so a bfg is a blessing sometimes.

Good session, we got through 2dm and onslaught

2 hours of play with averaging 10 players throughout

Screenshot_Doom_20180209_194538.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180209_202038.png

Looks like a lot of fun! As someone who's barely had a chance to experience DM with more than 2-3 players at once, I'll have to join the next session. Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

I keep forgetting to post but we have had several doomshack plays sessions over the past few weeks, and are having one tonight!

Today Doomshack Plays

Staph1 and Brit9!

Staph1 is a dm set by the now elusive dr.sean, one of the (ex?) leading coders of odamex. It's a relatively recent set but truly oldschool in feel, and I feel like it has been underplayed in ports other than odamex, so we're giving it a spin in Zandronum for a wider audience.

Brit9 needs no introduction, being from the classic Brit series. Although Brit10 and 11 seem to overshadow the other wads, we may (or may not) be in for a treat tonight.

23 maps to slam through, let's go!

Zandronum: Doomshack STAPH AND BRIT deathmatch: 45.33.41.203:16383

As always, feel free to join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/gsVSHGK

Yes, was some fun games tonight.

Worth noting we crossed off some mapsets on the basis they are literally too shitty to play.

Zodiac DM - godawful map design

Surge DM - 32 maps of boxes with a pillar in the middle

Motornerve DM - tragic design. can't even do a figure 8 in them

Another Friday night, another Doomshack Plays. Join us on zdaemon as we play styx! A true deathmatch classic. Playing right now

zdaemon: Doomshack: Styx  45.33.41.203:10690

As always, feel free to join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/gsVSHGK

Last night was a bit of a bust, but tonight we had a great 2 hour session with an average of 12 people. GGs @Doomkid @42PercentHealth and @Altazimuth Had some new faces in as well; definitely love seeing new people, if anyone wants to dip their toes into some deathmatch, this is a good opportunity!

UdxKMAD.png

aVRDN2p.png

Doomshack Plays............ BucketDM! Come see how shitty of a mapper @Bucket is and suffer along with Doomkid, 42PercentHealth, Altazmith and myself.

Zandronum: Doomshack: Buck It Deathmatch 45.33.41.203:16386

As always, join us on discord as well for commentary!