What source ports allow you to trigger all linedefs at once? (apart from crispy)

This is a feature I've always wanted for when you can't figure out how to open a certain door or get past a certain obstacle.  I'm hoping that some boom or zdoom ports have it so I'm not stuck with limiting removing crispy for frustration-free dooming.

I don't think such a feature would result in frustration-free play since a map can depend on the order in which switches are hit. (I suppose teleport and exit lines should be excluded from global activation, too. Otherwise it's kind of moot if you activate the exit this way, could as well just idclev away.)

Here's a simple example map. It should work in Crispy, so feel free to see what happens when you activate all linedefs at once. I figure only the first part of the bridge will raise.

inorder.zip

22 minutes ago, Gez said:

I don't think such a feature would result in frustration-free play since a map can depend on the order in which switches are hit. (I suppose teleport and exit lines should be excluded from global activation, too. Otherwise it's kind of moot if you activate the exit this way, could as well just idclev away.)

Here's a simple example map. It should work in Crispy, so feel free to see what happens when you activate all linedefs at once. I figure only the first part of the bridge will raise.

inorder.zip

Correct, though it certainly helped me in some iwad maps.

I think it should be possible to write something up in ZScript to let you do this in ZDoom-based ports, including triggering the specials of actors as well, though it is something that could easily result in unwanted teleportation and level ending due to the fact that you can't exactly check if a line / actor's special will execute a script that'll perform those actions.

In KBDoom I added an "open door" cheat, specifically for playing non-Coop maps in Coop, like when a player enters a room, the door closes behind the player, then the player dies. This cheat (which is transmitted to all nodes on the network) can re-open the door, without having to no-clip. Unfortunately, the concept of "open" means different things in different maps. Imagine a bridge that collapses after one player crosses it. How would a cheat fix that, short of no-clipping?

What you really need is a "put this portion of the map back the way it was" cheat, but that's crazy complicated!