Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

GZDoom preventing PUBG from starting up?

17 hours ago, stru said:

Zandronum BR would be fucking insane, but games would also last about 3 minutes. Also, good luck finding 100 people to play. Zandronum doesn't even have 100 people actively playing :( Doesn't necessarily need 100 people though.

To be honest, such quantity of players doesn't mean quality gameplay. 32+ players on servers cause a big mess of random bad luck for every gamer who connects to the server.

17 hours ago, stru said:

Also, how would one program a lethal zone that closes in over time? We'd have a better chance of cloning prop hunt.

ACS, I think. OR Decorate. I mean, if we're trying to recreate this function in ACS, we have a problem that tapering zone CAN NOT BE random. It will repeat every time on the map. I mean, from the edges to the center of the map. OR we can create 1 map, but dublicate it few times for every situation. I mean, in PUBG this gaming circle is random placed and can diminish into dot in the top right corner (for example). So we can do few maps where this circle goes into random places.

I think, the recreation of the PUBG in Zandronum is not impossible task. We're just talking about possibility, but it's not a "brain storm" about making it. I mean, if we will really create this - we will find all solutions by the time of making this mod.

16 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

I mean, if we're trying to recreate this function in ACS, we have a problem that tapering zone CAN NOT BE random.

wha

I love how this turned from a conversation of why Doom wouldn't allow PUBG to boot up to a conversation about how to make a Battle Royale mode in Doom.

17 hours ago, stru said:

Zandronum BR would be fucking insane, but games would also last about 3 minutes. Also, good luck finding 100 people to play. Zandronum doesn't even have 100 people actively playing :( Doesn't necessarily need 100 people though.

Also, how would one program a lethal zone that closes in over time? We'd have a better chance of cloning prop hunt.

Couldn't you do some type of coding magic using damaging floors and/or walls and stairs that block off areas? I may also have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.... 

50 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

I love how this turned from a conversation of why Doom wouldn't allow PUBG to boot up to a conversation about how to make a Battle Royale mode in Doom.

It's not surprising really, many topics around here seem to get derailed at some point and sooner or later return to normal.

Another example would be the Share a random fact thread, lately it turned into a topic about the shitty aspects of the metal scene, partially due to me lmao.

20 hours ago, stru said:

Spawn thing at a random point. Every 35 tics, everyone who's too far away takes damage (literally use Pythagoras' theorem for the distance calculation). Make a quick function to spawn things at the edge of the circle too (angle w/ fixed radius to x,y coordinates, again Pythagoras' with some sine / cosine thrown in), so people can see it.

In other words, geometry.

On 2/3/2018 at 8:32 AM, Chewyninja69 said:

Couldn't you do some type of coding magic using damaging floors and/or walls and stairs that block off areas? I may also have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.... 

This would make the most sense. Have all of the floors slowly lower and eventually disappear and leave players on damaging floor if they're caught outside in the "storm".

Why is GZDoom on the DESKTOP in the first place and not on the drive itself?