Find results in...
_42_

What should Doom 5?'s Final Boss be?

4 minutes ago, Bluefox_1 said:

John Romero.

Anything less would be an insult.

Died due to Doomguys' Katana?

By a Great Katana, yes.

Unless Romero wins the battle and makes Doomguy his bitch. That needs to be alternative ending.

mother of sin/icon of demon

mix of icon of sin and mother demon

spawns enemies

attacks like mother demon

looks like cross between icon of sin and mother demon

6 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

mother of sin/icon of demon

mix of icon of sin and mother demon

spawns enemies

attacks like mother demon

looks like cross between icon of sin and mother demon

This sounds like a short poem :v .

6 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

I don't care who the final boss is, but I hope to god Cyberdemons, Spider Mastermind, and Arachnotrons are common enemies.

I'd also like to see the Arch-Vile return, too iconic to be left out for sequels.

On 13/04/2018 at 2:38 AM, wheresthebeef said:

I don't care who the final boss is, but I hope to god Cyberdemons, Spider Mastermind, and Arachnotrons are common enemies.

Yeah, I hope Doom 5 will be hardest than Doom 4. Like Doom II or Final Doom u know? Almost impossible in Nightmare mode.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, Gordon Grand said:

Doom 2016 is actually not a reboot but Doom 4. Doom 3 should have a different name and Doom 64 should be called "Doom 3" because its story is continued from Doom II. Doom 2016 continues from Doom 64 ending. Here is an evidence, this is the message you will receive after the Mother Demon boss is defeated:

I don't understand why people continue repeating this nonsense long after its been confirmed countless times over that the new Doom game has nothing to do with earlier games. Did anybody even read any of the game lore in the game? The Doom marine in Doom 2016 isn't even human.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:25 AM, cyan0s1s said:

The head of Marty on a stick inside a giant wall face of Hugo.

Have you ever said something AS dark as that before...?

A single Arch-Vile in an open area with no cover for the player to hide behind.

+ A sound clip at the start of the fight that, when reversed says "To win the game you must kill me, Todd Howard".

Honestly, I see a full-bodied Icon of Sin to be a perfectly viable option. Ordinarily I like to steer away from what seems to be the go-to mentality of 'just do it like the classic games' in discussions like this, but the IOS is one interesting enemy concept that hasn't ever really been delved into very deeply in the Doom universe. It would only be compelling if they revamped it's appearance and scaled it up from what it was in Doom 2016. You could even make it massive enough to where entire levels took place inside the guts of the demon. Heck, Titans Realm has you jumping down the throat of the husk of a long dead colossal demon, so why not?

Failing that, something entirely new that we've never seen before in the Doom universe. Or perhaps, as someone suggested, the demon you hear narrating parts of Doom 2016.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:46 AM, TFK said:

Uhh time travel?

Well in Doom 2 does travel back in time to the Nazi era so Doomguy can kill commander Keen who is the father (or great grandfather) of Doomguy. I assume stopping Icon of Sin doesn't restore lives, but going back in time to prevent it will.

42 minutes ago, geo said:

Well in Doom 2 does travel back in time to the Nazi era

nowhere does it say that you traveled through time in the text screens

in fact some can assume those are neo-nazis

8 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

nowhere does it say that you traveled through time in the text screens

in fact some can assume those are neo-nazis

You don't need text to read between the lines!

On 2/4/2018 at 2:21 AM, Gordon Grand said:

Doom 2016 is actually not a reboot but Doom 4. Doom 3 should have a different name and Doom 64 should be called "Doom 3" because its story is continued from Doom II.

I thought Doom 64 was the sequel to Final Doom not II?

5 minutes ago, Knee Deep In The Fan said:

I thought Doom 64 was the sequel to Final Doom not II?

Depends entirely on your head canon. Mine includes Final Doom. Especially since Williams just finished a conversion of it before starting on Doom 64 :P

On 5/3/2018 at 7:35 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

I don't understand why people continue repeating this nonsense long after its been confirmed countless times over that the new Doom game has nothing to do with earlier games. Did anybody even read any of the game lore in the game? The Doom marine in Doom 2016 isn't even human.

if that's been "confirmed" please quote me the canonical sources that confirmed it, as that would be very important information. I've read *all* of the lore in the game.

Some of it is self-inconsistent. Some of it is deliberately written from the POV of unreliable narrators. Some of it is UAC speculation that self-admits they don't have a clue. And quite a bit of it is being popularly misconstrued into something it is not, as well (particularly the bits about the "betrayer;" apparently people can't read over a grade school level if they think the betrayer's son and the Icon of Sin are being referred to as the same entity by the passage in question, let alone that it ever implies that the betrayer is the Doom Slayer - never says such a thing once, and it would be extremely contradictory if true).

What you mean is that you don't personally like an interpretation that includes prior games into the Doomguy's history, even though they'd explain otherwise unexplainable things like the fact he reads and understands English, is proficient with technology and guns, has corporation manufacturing markings all over his suit, and doesn't look anything like the Night Sentinels at all despite associating with them. Well ok that's your prerogative but stop acting like the rest of us are idiots for noticing these things.