Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

18 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

lol last contest there were lots of maps that lasted for 30-60 min. Honestly I think Joel took a bigger bite than he can chew. Again.

And even if he gave every map 5 - 10 minutes, there would still be enough great ones to keep playing.

We should start placing bets for Doombucks on how long it takes him to get through. resurrect would also help hasten the experience. Its not like the map will be any better or worse.

1: How many sessions.

2: How many hours of playtime.

3: How many days from now until he finishes (keep in mind he intends to play once a week).

4: How many maps he actually plays.

5: How many deaths (good luck guessing that)

With the noclip issue... sometimes shit happens and things can glitch, but when a level has you so bored, you need to noclip, its not going to win, so why waste time playing it further.

Edited by geo

Well, on the bright side, if you enjoyed watching his stream, now you have A LOT more to look forward to! 

It's unfortunate he didn't keep the specifications for the contest up after the submission date came. I was interested in learning how to make a map, even if I did miss the contest. Just in case there's another one next year, and because making custom assets sounds fun.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like there's a lot of information overload with getting into mapping in the first place, lol. Learning how to make a GZDoom map specifically, and then learning how to use the programs when it seems like there are so few resources or guides to help you start.

4 minutes ago, Galathrax said:

It's unfortunate he didn't keep the specifications for the contest up after the submission date came. I was interested in learning how to make a map, even if I did miss the contest. Just in case there's another one next year, and because making custom assets sounds fun.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like there's a lot of information overload with getting into mapping in the first place, lol. Learning how to make a GZDoom map specifically, and then learning how to use the programs when it seems like there are so few resources or guides to help you start.

There weren't any special rules in the specifications, just to make a single map, aim for GZDoom and avoid using copyrighted music, oh and a small sentence saying "joke maps are okay, but they won't make you win the contest" or something like that.

If anything i would encourage you to learn how to make maps and share them here if you plan to enter the next contest should there be another one, since you could submit a more interesting map after getting some experience, rather than just jump in by the time of the contest. it might seem a bit of an overload at first, but believe me, it's quite easy to get stuff done once you get the hang of it, i would recomend you to make something simple using the default assets to learn and then move on slowly with the custom stuff

14 hours ago, Jthom said:

Well, on the bright side, if you enjoyed watching his stream, now you have A LOT more to look forward to! 

If anything, no map that has been shared here was played on the last stream, so im REALLY looking foward to see the maps submited by DW members

I have no regrets about what i created....

Spoiler

TITLEPIC.png.ab68de4b34c643a3591bbb16ec412eef.png

Wasn't ever aiming to win, but i hope its at least catches joel's eye or is enjoyable, somewhat a la pentafortess.

So, the next stream is today. Im pretty psyched, hoping to see my wad in there. 

9 minutes ago, Jthom said:

So, the next stream is today. Im pretty psyched, hoping to see my wad in there. 

He's going A to Z. Well !!!! to Z.

3 minutes ago, geo said:

He's going A to Z. Well !!!! to Z.

A to z in submissioner's name or map name? not sure off the top of my head all of them but i do know the crypt and pentafortress do not start with A.

I recall in the last stream he specifically said he was not going in any order, just totally random. Unless he changed his mind, that is. I remember because in his last stream he was talking about how a bunch of submissions had a 1 or a ! at the front in order to be first in alphabetical order, he even joked about going in reverse and starting with z just to spite those people, but then he said he was just gonna play em completely randomly, no particular order or anything. 

Nice, i figured he'd play them as they were submitted I.E. the first files submitted to the contest would be played first, but i much prefer this way.

Ah alright. I remember him saying A - Z. I misheard.

2 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

I don't like Vinesauce.

Sure. Visit here once you saw the stream and then give us a valuable opinion. ;)

I wasn't fair, i'm sorry. Didn't think before posting.

Oh, ok...

Edited by leodoom85

When will that bastard do the steam? D:

2 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

When will that bastard do the steam? D:

Sadly, the dude is hosting a weird guy lol...

He said he would be doing them on mondays and tuesdays each week, but I dont think he is super strict about when he does them. IDK where to find out the schedule for future streams, either. He might not be doing one today for all I know. 

@JthomI sure hope he does, i'll be damned if its a whatever timeslot, especially since tuesday evenings are free for me.

I've been waiting all last year for this event

I learned from the last contest to be very doubtful whenever Joel sets a time that he'll stream. ;)

4 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

I learned from the last contest to be very doubtful whenever Joel sets a time that he'll stream. ;)

It doesn't matter for me anyway because do to time differences it's always past midnight when he starts streaming so I can't watch them live anyway :(

15 minutes ago, Benjogami said:

I think that's the bad point that he has for not setting a "tidy" schedule for it. I mean, he can put a message anytime he wants if he's not able to stream.....at least that...

Well joel's been know to make his spooky saturday streams on sundays... so he's not the most consistent streamer in the world.

Also consider that right now it's around 3 am in sweden, just be patient, it will come eventually