Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

1 hour ago, Kitty said:

Heart of Darkness by Arch Enemy

There's a good chance the copyright aspect of this might render your map unplayable on stream.

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

There's a good chance the copyright aspect of this might render your map unplayable on stream.

It is a midi bro. Did you even play the map?

2 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Your map is on stream @Myst.Haruko

Yeah, saw it. I'll fix it up and rename it and release it. Palette was generated for pigeon03 session for christmas and I used it for my darkness flaw map besides that gzdoom map. It only replaces blue and green ranges - purple and cyan. Too bad that he broke sequence, I knew it that I forgot something, like add player block. Also he forgot about secret. Oh well... 

7 hours ago, Kitty said:

It is a midi bro. Did you even play the map?

I did not no. I went based on the information provided in this thread, bro.

Shit, I just realized the pk3 I sent him is 15.4MB. Wasn't the official limit only 15MB? I hope the pk wasn't rejected because of this. Not that it matters much since it was a failed level anyway :/

EDIT: How many wads are even left by the way?

Just saw that he played my map on this stream, I didn't thought he'd pass so much time on the secret area.

Sorry if it felt a bit long, and I also forgot to tell that the Spyro gun consumes gun ammo...

I liked how he told the starting Briefing, was cool.

23 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Shit, I just realized the pk3 I sent him is 15.4MB. Wasn't the official limit only 15MB? I hope the pk wasn't rejected because of this. Not that it matters much since it was a failed level anyway :/

20 mb was the limit, I believe. 

23 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

20 mb was the limit, I believe. 

Ah then I have no reason to worry. Well worry to a point...it's a failed piece of crap anyway that failed to do pretty much everything it was suppose to. Like, I had this super cool ideas of using 3D stuff to create a Doom 3 style level and I probably could have...but then I ran out of time so it only lasts like 2 min and is most unfinished :(

That's what I get for thinking I would be able to finish it in only 2 weeks :/

Here are a couple of screens:

Spoiler

m1MbA2O.jpg

Tx53CZj.jpg

As you can see I had some pretty cool stuff going on, but I simply ran out of time :(

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

You can always ask a moderator on stream if your map was approved or not, no idea about how many wads are left, ask joel at the end of a stream

Hey there, Anthropophagus here. I'm one of Joel's mods and I've been testing most of the maps so far. I apologize for taking so long with testing all the maps (work, relationship, traveling etc) . To answer some questions, there was around 300 submitted maps, we've done about 250 of them. So far, 27 have been disqualified. I hope some of my fellow mods will start testing some more maps with me so we can get done as soon as possible. If you have any further questions about the contest, feel free to whisper me on twitch (same username as here). Oh and good luck to all of you who participated in the contest!

30 minutes ago, Anthropophagus89 said:

Hey there, Anthropophagus here. I'm one of Joel's mods and I've been testing most of the maps so far. I apologize for taking so long with testing all the maps (work, relationship, traveling etc) . To answer some questions, there was around 300 submitted maps, we've done about 250 of them. So far, 27 have been disqualified. I hope some of my fellow mods will start testing some more maps with me so we can get done as soon as possible. If you have any further questions about the contest, feel free to whisper me on twitch (same username as here). Oh and good luck to all of you who participated in the contest!

Can you confirm if my pk3 was approved? It was named FEAR.pk3

32 minutes ago, Anthropophagus89 said:

Actually would it be okay to disqualify my map too? I dont want Joel to play it because it's not as good as I want it to be, and it is pretty lengthy on top of that. It's called Demonsden.wad I think

1 hour ago, Jthom said:

Actually would it be okay to disqualify my map too? I dont want Joel to play it because it's not as good as I want it to be, and it is pretty lengthy on top of that. It's called Demonsden.wad I think

I think I playtested that one and it was already qualified. I did disqualify it though. Let me know if you change your mind and I'll qualify it again.

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Can you confirm if my pk3 was approved? It was named FEAR.pk3

Yep, it's qualified!

For anyone else reading this, I might not be super active here, so if you don't get a response, just /w me on twitch instead. I'm more likely to reply there.

On 9/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, Anthropophagus89 said:

Was my pk3 qualified. Its called TheLivingEnd.pk3. I'm beginning to think either it wasn't or it will be literally at the end.

1 hour ago, Kitty said:

Was my pk3 qualified. Its called TheLivingEnd.pk3. I'm beginning to think either it wasn't or it will be literally at the end.

We haven't gotten to check it yet unfortunately. It's not disqualified though!

8 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

It appears joel is now doing Doom streams 1 every 3 weeks rather than every other week. It looks like he is getting bored of the contest. Lame.

Geez, personal issues man, give him a break!

Just now, Anthropophagus89 said:

We haven't gotten to check it yet unfortunately. It's not disqualified though!

@Anthropophagus89 I assume that mine was probably disqualified right? :( I finished the final part really quickly right at the very last minute and so didn't have time to test it so the wall that blocks the exit doesn't come down when you pick up the BFG and there were supposed to be a large amount of revenants that teleport in too which they don't since in my infinite wisdom I joined the exit wall and the wall blocking the revs from walking on the teleport lines............ I had a little bit of time an hour or so after the deadline to fix it and I sent Joel an email with the fixed version but I guess it still doesn't count? :`(

Geez, Joel literally played zeroxdiamond's map for over an hour when it was so short lol. 

14 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Geez, personal issues man, give him a break!

That explains the recent delays but Joel has been skipping out on the Doom contest for months. He didn't do on for 2 months in a row before all this. He obviously made commitment he couldn't keep. 

I wish when Joel uploads the video to YouTube he lists the maps and authors that he plays. I'm only mostly interested in maps created by people on here, and they're long streams to flick through!

10 hours ago, Kitty said:

That explains the recent delays but Joel has been skipping out on the Doom contest for months. He didn't do on for 2 months in a row before all this. He obviously made commitment he couldn't keep. 

This is sadly true, and false at the same time. Joel is very capable of keeping to this commitment, but the problem is that if somone starts a contest, there shouldn't be 'breaks' in between. Dont stream other stuff, because ultimately the contest should come first. thats my major issue with vinesauce, its the fact that joel only streams it when he feels like it.

Also, a lot of maps are being left to last because of their filesize, and thats just silly. it sounds like people are playing favourites, like 'if i played your map first, it has no chance' I just dont get it really. all in all the contest has been handled very poorly, though if Joel is dealing with RL stuff then theres no way anyone has a right to judge him for that.

True, he ever since the charity event he hasn't been able to stream doom at a regular pace for one reason or another, not different from the previous contest, but i do hope he picks up the pace as soon as he resumes

1 minute ago, DMPhobos said:

True, he ever since the charity event he hasn't been able to stream doom at a regular pace for one reason or another, not different from the previous contest, but i do hope he picks up the pace as soon as he resumes

Yes. I hold nothing against joel, but a contest like this should not be held again unless there is a team of people ready to commit to it.

16 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

This is sadly true, and false at the same time. Joel is very capable of keeping to this commitment, but the problem is that if somone starts a contest, there shouldn't be 'breaks' in between. Dont stream other stuff, because ultimately the contest should come first.

Look, I haven't watched any of these and I don't plan to start, because I'm not really into using a computer like a TV (I only follow this thread because I'm waiting for some of these maps to be released), so I can't speak for any of his viewers and what they want to see, but I figure that if he doesn't do all Doom, all the time, it's because he has viewers that don't want to see all Doom, all the time. With over 300 maps to stream, the viewers who don't care about Doom maps would just wander away to other youtubers.