VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

2 hours ago, Argent Agent said:

Not sure about this; last time was disappointing as most of the maps were just Vinesauce memes while the judge seemed amazed with maps covered in Startan.

I don't think Joel actually meant it whenever he ended a bad map by saying "yea not to bad, I liked it a lot actually..." or something along those lines. He is just a nice guy and did not want to sound too mean/harsh to the beginner mappers, which is fine.

Well Vinesauce in general, not just Joel but everyone else in the team/group/whatever you want to call it, is all about the memes so it's honestly kind of expected that there will be memey joke maps, at least he doesn't allow Terry shit

Will be nice to see what the Doom community will do this year. Maybe top last year!?

1 person likes this

How would doomworld top last year?  Getting Romero to release an ultimate doom megawad?

I started working on my WAD about two days ago. I think varg might like it.

On 2/5/2018 at 8:25 AM, Argent Agent said:

Not sure about this; last time was disappointing as most of the maps were just Vinesauce memes while the judge seemed amazed with maps covered in Startan.

Welcome to VineSauce.

Since they get a lot of art tributes, I think a lot of the fandom is lost on them. I also wonder if their fans are artists hoping to get seen since they cover their fan art.

If you go the fandom route, don't go in starry eyed making tributes because it comes off as mundane since a lot of people do it... make them something off-putting and so personally creepy that it will haunt them long after a 3 - 7 hour stream ends.

I started listening to Vinny and Joel because of Joel's contest. I had to stop listening to Joel as he tends to yell when he gets excited. There are a lot of callbacks to previous streams that I just don't understand making me feel like they're nothing but catch phrases with no context. Chances are they are so meme because they're so bored of playing video games, but they have to because the fame chose them.

Vinny is great with voices... those that ARE NOT YELLING ONE WORD CATCH PHRASES. Joel is great at doing Duke Nukem. Making me wonder if its the microphone that makes Duke impressionists sound so good.

Edited by geo
3 people like this

On 2/6/2018 at 2:39 AM, jerk-o said:

How would doomworld top last year?  Getting Romero to release an ultimate doom megawad?

Getting Romero to do a Hexen or Heretic megawad? ;)

Edited by Master O
1 person likes this