Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yakfak

Zekhmet music packs - pack one ready, FRESH EARS NEEDED!

^the file types aren't directly translatable and there's no native advantage to converting a .MID to a .IT

the reason the tunes are in .IT format is because I like the piece of software I use to write them - Open ModPlug Tracker - a lot more than I like any MIDI sequencers out there

they're bound to be a little bigger than .MID tunes because I'm dragging the actual instruments and sample sets from the Roland genMIDI table and embedding them in the .IT itself - this is a sample-based format. I've been relatively frugal so that none of the tunes reach 1Mb in size though

eighth tune added, first post updated!

if any lost souls out there have time to tell me what they think of the track volumes that'd be really helpful and appreciated

ninth tune added

thinking about turning this into a mapping project so people will actually respond =P

5/6 posts are yours Yakfak XD

Ill try listening to them when i have the time(i dont listen to much music atm,sorry)

six out of seven now :P its my project thread and i'll cry if i want to

this is the tenth tune, pack not updated again until i have twelve

Hi. I listened to these, and will now write things about them ;D. Seeing as virtually every track here has inspiring amounts of tonal/rhythmic sophistication, I won't belabor that, but rather I'll apply it as a blanket complement to the set as a whole. here's some track-by-track; what it makes me think of, other odds & ends:

map01: brings to mind expansive yet low-key industrial spaces, a la tls.wad or hellcore2.0.

- highlights: fresh fuckin' bass line @ ~1:40, piano interlude at 4mins in, and the breakcore-ish section that follows.

map02: sounds like the infiltration scene in a heist movie.

-highlights: the sparse section @ ~1:20 with the pitched percussion. vaguely tom waitsy

map03: an earthbound cutscene. much more subtly menacing than d2_03 deserves, perhaps :)

-highlights: the breakdowny section @ ~3:00, ez.

-are those ocean and helicopter midi effects? I need to use those more.

map05: a wedding and a funeral procession thrown into a blender.

-highlights: really like the off-kilter organ sprinkled in the background from 1min onward

map07: les claypool and a bottle of ritalin.

-seemingly the most straightforward track thus far. bluesy turnarounds lend it a distinctly "doom" vibe, despite the wonkiness

map08: partly cloudy, chance of rain.

-highlights: bursty percussion bits around ~2:20

map09: the "coming clean about an affair" scene from a soap opera.

-highlights: that pan-flute

map11: lamb of god, a waterfall, and a splash of tnt.wad

-highlights: extra hectic bits that get layered on about a minute in. also diggin the mildly discordant organ section with the saw wave bass.

-probably my favorite track in the set.

I think I missed a track somewhere cuz I'm counting 8. I see m04 listed in the OP but didn't hear it in the wad.

53 minutes ago, Ribbiks said:

Hi. I listened to these, and will now write things about them ;D. Seeing as virtually every track here has inspiring amounts of tonal/rhythmic sophistication, I won't belabor that, but rather I'll apply it as a blanket complement to the set as a whole. here's some track-by-track; what it makes me think of, other odds & ends:

Hey, glad to see you in this thread :))

thanks for your thoughts on these!

the helicopter sound effect is really useful in a lot of ways, probably easier to manipulate in this format than .MID

i've been changing envelopes and using automatic arpeggiating and so forth to wring a little extra spice out of the sounds

very happy you like sheba.it, it took some work!

there'll soon be a pack with twelve tunes uploaded, the thread is more up to date than the download right now

bump

all twelve songs are in

if any kindly testers are out there lemme know if the tracks are too loud, or too quiet, or a particular instrument in one of the tune seems imbalanced or broken in some way! i'm gonna put this on idgames at some point but not until i've had a little honest feedback! thanks for checking!