Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hidfan

[v 0 .95] Doom Neural Upscale 2X

Linguica

Hello Reddit et al, to play this, download the latest version and drag the zip onto your installed copy of GZDoom with your legally acquired copy of Doom or Doom 2, YWIA

Message added by Linguica

No, it's not Brewtöl enough.

Brutal Doom features a lot of new, modified, or replaced sprites. Different weapons, revamped enemies with new animations, etc. This project is only about the original sprites and animations, so it'd be visually inconsistent if used alongside BD or a similar mod.

Would be interesting to see Smooth incorporated maybe on a modular level rather than it being packaged with the core mod. If the author has this set up on a 'batch mode' for processing I could see it being done relatively effectively. But everyone else has already voiced their desire for this so just add me to the pile.

It's almost jarring to see the sudden jump in resolution, but I kinda dig it for GZDoom's modern lighting and other fun things that I've yet to really set up.

Excellent dedication to the project, though. Had to login to say it. What cool stuff people are doing with Doom's original resources so many years later using modern tech.

you know it's a special day when linguica has to add a message for people visiting from reddit.

Thanks @Linguica for the howto banner ^_^
I'll do a proper pk3 file for next version. I understand the .zip is not easy to understand for new comers, I forgot to rename it a few versions ago.

When things will be closer to a stable state I'll propose separate versions weapons, monsters, textures, hud, menus.

Gotta wonder if that version number is on purpose :-)

v0.95 -> Year 1995? Release of Ultimate Doom? lol... maybe I'm reading too much into it.

1 hour ago, voidpointer said:

Gotta wonder if that version number is on purpose :-)

v0.95 -> Year 1995? Release of Ultimate Doom? lol... maybe I'm reading too much into it.

ur reading too much. Thats just the current version number (there were older versions too)