Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Goldeneye Wii

I've seen the trailer, screenshots, and videos of the game before. What I saw disappointed me very much. Instead of being like the original game, it's a Call of Duty clone with a James Bond skin. The original game didn't have checkpoints, linear corridors, weapon limits, regenerating health, and hand-holding. Fans like me disliked it, but there were a few who think it's a great reimagining. It broke my heart to see a childhood game of mine become modernized for today's, "standards". To me there are no standards, anything can be what it wants. PC players were angry at how Duke Nukem Forever turned out, well the same can be said about console players getting upset at how Goldeneye Wii turned out. The Perfect Dark mod, Goldeneye X, is super amazing. A wonderful masterpiece, and it's what Goldeneye Wii should have been instead. Any other Goldeneye 64 fans feel the same way?

I like Goldeneye Wii C:
It's not really a CoD clone and sometimes it has big arenas where you fight tons of dudes!
Though it is plagued by the flaws of the then modern FPS games i still enjoy it.

Edited by SOSU

14 minutes ago, SOSU said:

I like Goldeneye Wii C:
It's not really a CoD clone and sometimes it has big arenas where you fight tons of dudes!
Though it is plagued by the flaws of then modern FPS games but i still enjoy it.

I see. :)

Interestingly, it has a brutal difficulty setting where it's the maximum difficulty and your health doesn't regenerate. It's basically a Classic Mode.

I just can't stand the controls in it. There's no way to do something along the lines of a dual analog setup (or even something like the N64 Turok controls), you always have to move the wii-mote to the edge of the screen to turn, and you also use it to aim. If I could use the d-pad to move forward/back/left/right, and the joystick to look and turn I'd be fine with it. It would eliminate fine aiming yes, I'd have to directly center on an enemy to shoot them, but I think it would work better. And it's literally the only controller setup that it doesn't allow you to do.  It reminds me of the control setup in CyClones, which I still hate. 

Edit: I bought the game a year and a half ago and I still haven't gotten past the tutorial due to the controls. So I can't comment on the rest of the game.

Goldeneye Wii can use the Classic Controller or Gamecube controller for dual-stick action.

For the wiimote + nunchuk, you'll want to reduce the size of the deadzone.

Get Goldeneye on PC with KBM at 1080p 60fps to get the bad flavor off 

2 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Goldeneye Wii can use the Classic Controller or Gamecube controller for dual-stick action.

For the wiimote + nunchuk, you'll want to reduce the size of the deadzone.

Well, I have a Wii-U, so I'm stuck using the wiimote for wii games; they don't work with the Wii-U pro controller.

I got Goldeneye Reloaded on the PS3 several years ago, I've never played the N64 classic and I was hoping that this game would be a faithful recreation of that. I quickly learned that it wasn't. Despite that fact, I rather enjoyed the campaign for the most part and didn't find the mechanics to be that bad (I actually appreciated the way health regenerates slower when moving and not at all when sprinting). One flaw I found to be absolutely hilarious was the fact that the shotgun was literally the most accurate and overpowered weapon in the game. It was mostly fun, but then I got to the end. I swear to god that final mission is the most bullshit part of the game. I've never completed the game because of it, and probably won't ever get around to it.

Of course, this is the PS3 game I'm talking about and while it had PS Move compatibility, I just used the Dualshock 3. I'd imagine that it's in a whole other league of crap on the Wii.

1 hour ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Hmmmmm.

Are you going to be adding something? Because Hmmmmmm isn't a thought.

I loved Goldeneye on the N64. Point in fact, whenever my brother visits we drag out my N64 and play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I absolutely love those games, Goldeneye for it's single player, and Perfect Dark for it's multiplayer. It took everything Goldeneye did well with multiplayer and expanded it. It was an incredible feet for the N64.

But as I've said, I really haven't been able to play the "new" Goldeneye game because the controls are complete ass. I mean just utter ass. It shouldn't take me an hour to familiarize myself with moving and looking at the same time. 

13 hours ago, Jello said:

Are you going to be adding something? Because Hmmmmmm isn't a thought.

I loved Goldeneye on the N64. Point in fact, whenever my brother visits we drag out my N64 and play Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I absolutely love those games, Goldeneye for it's single player, and Perfect Dark for it's multiplayer. It took everything Goldeneye did well with multiplayer and expanded it. It was an incredible feet for the N64.

But as I've said, I really haven't been able to play the "new" Goldeneye game because the controls are complete ass. I mean just utter ass. It shouldn't take me an hour to familiarize myself with moving and looking at the same time. 

Perfect Dark has a wonderful single player too.

Y'all talkin' 'bout Goldeneye whereas i just wanna play some more damn Timesplitters!

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 8:05 AM, SOSU said:

Y'all talkin' 'bout Goldeneye whereas i just wanna play some more damn Timesplitters!

I LOVE Timesplitters! :D

On 2/14/2018 at 6:05 AM, SOSU said:

Quoted for truth. Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect were some of the most imaginative and enjoyable FPS games to come out of that era. They both had great single-player campaigns and great co-op. In split-screen multi-player they shined. I managed to get people who had never played a console FPS addicted to the multi-player. It had limitless options, and the favorite was a co-op mode with the zombies. Add in some mini-guns, shotguns, flamethrowers, and rifles, and everyone had a blast. We weren't competing against each other, so no fists were thrown and no hard feelings were formed.

Damn I miss Timesplitters.

2 hours ago, Jello said:

Quoted for truth. Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect were some of the most imaginative and enjoyable FPS games to come out of that era. They both had great single-player campaigns and great co-op. In split-screen multi-player they shined. I managed to get people who had never played a console FPS addicted to the multi-player. It had limitless options, and the favorite was a co-op mode with the zombies. Add in some mini-guns, shotguns, flamethrowers, and rifles, and everyone had a blast. We weren't competing against each other, so no fists were thrown and no hard feelings were formed.

Damn I miss Timesplitters.

Don't forget Timesplitters 1. :)