Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdirBlaz

What nicknames do you have for monsters?

I've thought of the fact I had one for the archvile, calling it a pissed off martian, and began wondering what nicknames others come up with the enemies in Doom. So what names do ya got?

I gave the nickname "minotaur" to the baron of hell.

The next ones are not real nicknames, but I was always referring to the rocket launcher as "bazooka" and to the BFG as "disintegrator". My father even thought it was a "disintegrator" shot that killed the marine at the end of E1M8 (this after playing Doom 2; we only had Doom Shareware v1.2 and Doom 2 v1.666 back then).

I don't remember personally giving the monsters any nicknames. Even though the official name of the moster is "Heavy Weapon Dude" I refer to them as "chaingunners." I don't know if that counts, since I think a lot of people do that.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

I don't remember personally giving the monsters any nicknames. Even though the official name of the moster is "Heavy Weapon Dude" I refer to them as "chaingunners." I don't know if that counts, since I think a lot of people do that.

Man-eating strawberries. Fuck yeah.

There was a thread for this... somewhere.

44 minutes ago, geo said:

It is, I found it at some point as well but can't do it atm either.

Anyway, Chaingunner - Hitscan punisher.

I sometimes call Cacodemons tomatoes because of BigMacDavis. I'm sure people have called them that before though.

I call all "former human" types of enemies Zeddites. Like, Deadites + Zombies = Zeddites. Get it, anyone? (this one was for realsies though, cannot bother typing "former humans", like eww that's too long and boring, zeddites are kewler.)

Whenever I see a bunch of revenants I internally yell "Its a bowl of freshly-peeled and pissed agitatoes!".

Archviles were always "walking USB cables" after a joke my older brother made while watching this movie about a robo kid and a human mother or something, and the robo kid gets awaken in the distant future where everything is freezing and the first creatures who greet him are the "walking USB cables". Archviles have a similar physiology so the name remained.

Rifle Zombie = Popcorn Guys

Shotgun Zombie = Shotgun Assholes

Chaingunner = Chain-Fuckers

Imp = Hell Popcorn

Demon = Pinky / Shaved Gorilla

Spectre = Invisi-fucks

Cacodemon = Pissed Off Tomato / Caci

Pain Elemental = Meatball / Shitball / Poopball

Lost Souls = Annoying Shits / Grouchy Skulls / Nibblers

Hell Nobles = Goat Man

Reveneant = Agitated Skellyman / Skellyman / Boner / Rocket Boner

Mancubus = Fat Ass / Fat Fuck / Lard-o

Arachnotron = Robo-Spider / Krang

Arch-Vile = Cunt / Pissed Off Martian (I cracked up upon seeing that YT video and used it ever since)

Cyberdemon = Cybie / Big Fucker

Spider Mastermind = Olivia / Dumb-ass Spider

16 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Reveneant = Boner / Rocket Boner

These 2 are gold lol.

I usually refer them by the real names but here's how I feel about all of DooM 2's enemies:

Former Human = A zombie with a rifle and the accuracy of a nearly fully blind guy

Former Sargent = A Zombie with a shotgun with the accuracy of a nearly fully blind guy that hurts like a bitch up close on HMP or higher

Imp = That one enemy I really hate but I feel bad for killing

Mancubus = DURR... WHATS ACCURACY?

Revenant = Hacker

CacoDemon = ITS A GIANT TOMATO MATE! (Also my fav enemy ^_^)

Pain Elemental = PAIN Elemental ;)

Lost Soul = AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA or something like that

Pinky = Needs dental surgery

Spectre = Old School Hacker

Archvile = *insert me running for the hills and far away*

Arachnotron = Awww look a cute widdle spider! *gets evaporated*

Hell Knight = A wannabe final boss thats just a push-over

SS = SEIG HEIL!

Baron of Hell = A wimp on easy, a pain on HMP, and F A B U L O U S In Pink!

Spider MasterMind = A giant spider boss that dies with 1 BFG blast (or maybe 2)

Cyberdemon = *Insert Demoman from TF2 eventhough soldier would fit better*

Chaingunner = {The following sentence was censored due to extreme language and harsh tones used. We are sorry for any snowflakes triggered}

4 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

/Snipped for space.

Revenant is a hacker confirmed, homing missiles hax.

I'll just copy and paste from How'd you name monsters if you never knew their official names?

Former Humans (All types): Ghoul
Imp: Fire Spitter
Demon: Bullpig
Spectre: Phantom
Cacodemon: Langolier
Archvile: Firewalker
Baron of Hell: Daemon Sultan
Hell Knight: Shambler
Pain Elemental: Pumpkinhead
Lost Soul: Screamer
Mancubus: Behemoth
Revenant: Tormentor
Arachnotron: Spidervore
Spider Mastermind: The Master
Cyberdemon: Cyberfiend
Icon of Sin: Great Old One

On 2/6/2018 at 8:41 PM, geo said:

Several actually, but you cannot expect a 10yo or 15yo similar thread of this kind to be still actual. Members come and go all the time, and this is a very personal topic, so you cannot e.g. make a sticky of one, authoritative response and consider it closed forever. As long as the community exists, such threads will keep recycling themselves.

If anything, with the spiffy new forum software and all, I'm surprised there isn't a "related topics" or "suggested topics" tab somewhere, that'd be automatically populated with previous, similar threads.

56 minutes ago, Maes said:

Several actually, but you cannot expect a 10yo or 15yo similar thread of this kind to be still actual. Members come and go all the time, and this is a very personal topic, so you cannot e.g. make a sticky of one, authoritative response and consider it closed forever. As long as the community exists, such threads will keep recycling themselves.

If anything, with the spiffy new forum software and all, I'm surprised there isn't a "related topics" or "suggested topics" tab somewhere, that'd be automatically populated with previous, similar threads.

Yes pls

On topic:

-Pinky: Bulldog

-Manc: Fatso

-Cyberdemon: Cybie(this is a fairly common nickname iirc)

-Archvile: @Archi

-Barons: Sponges

On occasion I've been tempted to start calling all the monsters after the Going Down monster role call names.......

Otherwise, I just call Cacodemons "tomatoes" sometimes and Revenants get called every name under the sun for their mere existence.

for whatever reason depending on my mood I'll either call revenants by their true name or just start calling them "skeletons" if I'm finding myself amused by a mapset. Also depending on the same mood I'll start calling knights and barons "goats". I don't really have a lot of nicknames for these guys outside of the usual short names people give them.

I think the skeleton thing just comes from the contrast of how Revs are compared to skeletons in most games.

A misunderstanding from my childhood has left me permanently calling Cacodemons "Tacodemons". I keep my Doom bestiary pretty vanilla, otherwise, aside from calling Archviles "Sorry Fucking Asshole Fire-Spawning Shitty Dickhead Motherfuckers," of course.

On 2/16/2018 at 9:58 PM, AdirBlaz said:

Revenant is a hacker confirmed, homing missiles hax.

HAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXX!!!

HAX.gif.100f8b61cf73bfd0d9f0e759404e5af4.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist...

I don't remember ever having any nicknames for any of the monsters, unless you count the brief period of time I'd refer to Mancubi as "Fatso" because that was what you need to type in to the command prop for the "summon" command in ZDoom.

I do have some, but they are based on my first language and thus, don't make much sense for anyone that doesn't know it. The others are just their shortened full names.

Nicknames

Cacodemon - would read something like "Cacoush", with the "ou" sounding like saying "Oh". So "Cac-Oh-Sh", if it was read fast. Written "Kakouš" in my language.

Demon - "Piggy". "Prasátko" or "Prase" in my language.

Arch-Vile - "Archie". Especially funny for fans of Red Dwarf. Also fitting, considering their high speed :D.

Shortened

Baron of Hell - just "Baron"

Pain Elemental - just "Pain"

Heavy Weapon Dude - just "Dude"

Also the shotguns

Super Shotgun - "Dvojhlavka" in my language. A shortened way of saying "Double-barreled".

Shotgun - "Jednohlavka" in my language. Would mean something like "Single-barreled". The name offers itself because there are 2 shotguns in the game. Just saying shotgun could confuse some people as to which one do you mean.

Another alternative for Shotgun in my language would be simply "Brokárna". This name just implies that it shoots shells.

That is probably all. Everything else I refer to by its true name. Except for the obvious ones: Plasma Gun is just "Plasma" and BFG 9000 is just "BFG".

For the Monsters

Former Human - Zombie

Former Sargent - Shotgunner

Heavy Weapons Dude - Chaingunner

Demon - Pinky

Cacodemon - either "Tomato" or just Cacodemon

Arch-Vile - either "Priest" or just Arch Vile

Baron Of Hell - Baron

Pain Elemental - Lost Soul Spammer

Mancubus - Fatso

For the Weapons

Super Shotgun - SSG

Plasma Rifle - Plasmagun

BFG9000 - Big Fucking Gun 9000

- Danger Tomatoes (This one's obvious)

- I originally called Archviles "Martians", due to their appearance and sound effects (especially that "riser" noise. You know which one I'm talking about)

- Sometimes "Pissed off Martians" because I watched that doom monster mashing video. (those who've watched it will know)

- I shorten "Baron" to "Bare" sometimes. Sounds strange out of context.

- I also called the Spider Mastermind "Big Arachnotron" at some early point.

2 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

I do have some, but they are based on my first language and thus, don't make much sense for anyone that doesn't know it. The others are just their shortened full names.

Nicknames

Cacodemon - would read something like "Cacoush", with the "ou" sounding like saying "Oh". So "Cac-Oh-Sh", if it was read fast. Written "Kakouš" in my language.

Demon - "Piggy". "Prasátko" or "Prase" in my language.

Arch-Vile - "Archie". Especially funny for fans of Red Dwarf. Also fitting, considering their high speed :D.

Shortened

Baron of Hell - just "Baron"

Pain Elemental - just "Pain"

Heavy Weapon Dude - just "Dude"

Also the shotguns

Super Shotgun - "Dvojhlavka" in my language. A shortened way of saying "Double-barreled".

Shotgun - "Jednohlavka" in my language. Would mean something like "Single-barreled". The name offers itself because there are 2 shotguns in the game. Just saying shotgun could confuse some people as to which one do you mean.

Another alternative for Shotgun in my language would be simply "Brokárna". This name just implies that it shoots shells.

That is probably all. Everything else I refer to by its true name. Except for the obvious ones: Plasma Gun is just "Plasma" and BFG 9000 is just "BFG".

Zombík

Zombík s brokádou

Zmrd s kulometem

Pavouk

Tlusťoch

Jabko

Kouzelník

:)

Imps: Kakooka baddies, for their idle noise

Revenants: fucking instagib bastards

Lost Souls: Fucking Mosquitos

Mancubus: Fat ass

The only nickname i use it's "chaingun bob", for chaingunners, since that's what deep sea used to call them and i always thought that was an official name so the name stuck lol