Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DBThanatos

QC: Doom Edition (2.2 released, Apr 19th)

This just might be one of the best things all year, I really hope this one gets the cacoward for all the effort that has been put in this.

Very excited to see the release of this! I'm most excited to try out the Inquisitor, as his style seems right up my alley. The HUD looks great too, although the portraits seem a bit muddy, but I suppose that can't be helped with the resolution of the sprites and all.

Thank you!

Yes, the portrait are basically upscaled versions of the sprites themselves. We thought of adding hi-res portraits for some champs that do have high res versions around the net, but that's only some of them and that inconsistency between some portraits being hi-res and others being very low res was too drastic. So we settled with having them all muddy. :P

Having a blast with this in FFA against bots. This is addictive, fun, and super-fast :)
The mod is also nicely packaged, with .bat files, manuals, etc... High quality all around.

It was well worth the wait. Congrats on the release, DBT & team !

On 2/19/2018 at 2:54 PM, DBThanatos said:

And here's a bit of what happened during the inaguration of the mod :D

That was a fun match. Not everyday I get to frag the creator of something on it's release day. :P

Been having a lot of fun with this. Great work all the way around. :)

Gotcha.png

Sorry for bumping, but I found a bug.

Whenever I'm moving to a new level, my Nailgun ammo goes down a bit. I was playing with GZ 3.2.5 on PS1 Doom mapset.

Edit: This only happens when I pick a backpack.

Edited by DiEnd : More data.

DBThanatos, if you ever intend to add Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior, I'd suggest making him a stealth character, given that he is a ninja.  Evasion would be his biggest strength, as well as hand-to-hand combat.

Another observation:  This mod is quickly turning into the Marvel vs Capcom of the FPS genre. 

Well, necrobump!

So, this is our biggest update to QC:DE. Now our mapset contains a total of 22 custom QCDE maps! So, we got champs, we got SP/Coop, we got PvP, duels, TDM, you name it!!

This one took us the longest, but im proud to show it off finally!

2 hours ago, DBThanatos said:

Well, necrobump!

So, this is our biggest update to QC:DE. Now our mapset contains a total of 22 custom QCDE maps! So, we got champs, we got SP/Coop, we got PvP, duels, TDM, you name it!!

This one took us the longest, but im proud to show it off finally!

Great stuff as always!  

Speaking of new character requests, please add Ion Maiden too after her game is formally released next year. 

Playing 1.4 right now. I have zero interest in Quake Champions, it being a competitive multiplayer shooter and all, but this mod is surprisingly fun!

However, maybe it has already been reported and it is going to get fixed in a later version, but I seem to have trouble getting 100% Items on single-player maps. It seems to be caused by Health and Armour Bonuses getting randomly replaced by the cooldown reduction item, i.e. the Hourglass pickup.

Also, I hear Caleb's taunts whileplaying as the Quake Ranger. Is that intentional?

Oh! i'll look into the hourglasses. Im not sure if it's indeed what's causing it.

As far as caleb taunts... that's not normal. Which engine and version of it are you using?

@Master O: we'd like to add her for sure. We asked permission but indeed it was requested we wait until it's fully released. But yeah, that'd be another cool champ to have around.

I use GZDoom 3.5.0.

As for the Ranger using Caleb's quotes, I went back to check, this time with the taunt chance slider to maximum, and I realise I was mistaken, though in my defense the Ranger does sound a lot like Caleb.

Anyway, I noticed the Revenants, Hell Knights and Barons of Hell do not have Quake II replacements. Was that done on purpose or do you plan to address this issue in the future?

Finally, GZDoom's scaling options seem to have been disabled by this mod.

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

Well, after all the sweat and tears (:P) QCDE v2.0 is finally out!

What's new in v2.0? 
➢    7 New Champions: B.J. Blazkowicz, Gordon Freeman, Vor-Matur, Eleena, Lucienne, Major, Hunter
➢    2 New Maps: Lockbox (QC), Elder (QL)
➢    Weapon Upgrades: 2 for each of the 10 weapons
➢    2 New Monster Sets: Half-Life, Half-Life 2 (in a separate download)
➢    2 New OST Songs: Wolfenstein Medley, Doomed (in a separate download)

Video:

We'll be streaming this RN, if you wanna watch, or even better, join the games!

It's that time again! Announcement time and while we're at it, extending an invitation to participate (or otherwise watch) the duel tournament that will happen this Saturday 2nd

@guitardz It'll be fine, I suppose. 3.6.0 was the newest back then. But TBH we havent tested. If it worked fine in 3.6.0, should work fine with newer

Anyway! it's time. We all wanted to go postal over here!

v2.2 has been released.

Download at the usual place (hit "select another mirror" if it asks to login)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-champions-doom-edition/downloads

@DBThanatos Cool release!  Never thought I'd see the guy from

Postal

in here.  Anyway, on an unrelated note, can you also add Blake Stone to QCDE?