Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoyoteComrade

Wads and mods recommendations?

Honestly, for somebody on mobile, especially for a newbie on mobile, I'd recommend anything, but only playing ITYTD. Most pwads have difficulty settings, and ITYTD is not only going to use the thing set from easy mode, but also will double ammo and half your dmg taken, which are both really nice to have when playing on a touchscreen. For a newbie learning the monsters and their quirks, ITYTD will let you take the most chances and play the most aggressively, which is very important in figuring out how aggressive you need to play to stay on top of things, as well as helping with learning about prioritization, attack patterns and area control.

Note also that running freedoom will result in pwad maps that function the same, but just look a bit different. As long as you don't mind the aesthetic difference, there should be no other problems with your experience. To my knowledge, very few pwads have been specifically designed to be run with freedoom, so if aesthetic consistency is important to you then just spend the 5 bucks on the doom 2 iwad. 

Aside from that, it's usually a good thing to start with some of the cacoward winners of years past, they represent a good selection of some of the best content year to year and will leave you with less stinkers than just going for the random option in downloads, though that random option isn't a bad idea either.

Fun avatar :)

Try Miasma or Ancient Aliens, very newbie friendly.

Jokes aside ... Bloodstain is a pretty good levelpack, offers perfect balance between exploration and fighting imo.

9 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Try Miasma or Ancient Aliens, very newbie friendly.

Jokes aside ... Bloodstain is a pretty good levelpack, offers perfect balance between exploration and fighting imo.

lol. in the first map on normal difficulty in AA a cyberdemon spawns regularly

9 minutes ago, Akenore said:

lol. in the first map on normal difficulty in AA a cyberdemon spawns regularly

But easy gives you only mancubus to deal with it. 

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

But easy gives you only mancubus to deal with it. 

eh yeah, good point.

Pistol starts suck sometimes

I assume you've played the iwads, but you may also want to check out some of the levels discussed in this thread:

As is stated further down the thread, the term "slaughter" is used very liberally (such that most wads would fall into that category, which isn't the case), I think many of the levels mentioned in this thread would probably be good for you.