Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Project MAD:Map A Day

Project MAD is a Heretic mini-episode composed of a set of vanilla maps each made in one single day made by me.
The maps are made with wand start in mind,have co-op starts but weren't tested for co-op and replace E1M1-E1M4.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Heretic_20180209_025412.png.0e91b017a0674deb1b981b1eae5e8e4e.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20180211_023107.png.4519e97c85e8e86c2db99e9e9ff19d32.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20180212_013256.png.f069abd4e2582b28a83dd03eca40d25c.pngScreenshot_Heretic_20180213_213637.png.742f3320dda61493fb9849e0ac78fde7.png

Credits:
DukeWooze for giving me the idea of doing this

DOWNLOAD

Edited by SOSU

Due to personal reasons i did not have the means to make a map today so i will try to make up for it by finishing a map early tomorrow and start working on the third map of this project in the same day.

Can I make a suggestion? Upload a single wad file with all the current maps in it, so we can just update our copy. It'd be easier to manage one file than a collection of maps anyway.

6 hours ago, Impie said:

Can I make a suggestion? Upload a single wad file with all the current maps in it, so we can just update our copy. It'd be easier to manage one file than a collection of maps anyway.

To be honest I think it's easier because you can download them faster but don't worry since I wanted to do that when E1M4 gets released and then again when it's done

Added E1M4!This is the last update,i don't want to fill the thread with my post so i will update this after i am done with the last 5 maps then i will start polishing the maps with your feedback!

SOSU, I correctly understood that you are work on the one map - one day? Or are you uploading one map per day and the work with one map takes longer? Do you plan that these maps will be fully compatible with vanilla engines (or vanilla + limit removing) or it is not necessary for you?

9 minutes ago, PVS said:

SOSU, I correctly understood that you are work on the one map - one day? Or are you uploading one map per day and the work with one map takes longer? Do you plan that these maps will be fully compatible with vanilla engines (or vanilla + limit removing) or it is not necessary for you?

I make a map in one day and then upload it.At first they will be ZDoom only but after i'm done with all map i will start polishing all the maps adding co-op starts,different skill levels,fixing bugs and making it compatible with vanilla engines.

I thought that you would add more maps to the current four, but I understand, of course, that not many people will be interested in this topic. My personal interest here is that this is vanilla Heretic maps, I never liked to play Heretic/Hexen on Z/GZDoom.

In your previous wad version I noticed a problem with vanilla engines only on E1M1, but now I see that you have corrected these minor bugs with textures and tags. Also, now I see what did you mean with D'Sparil on E1M4, in the previous version his role on the map was completely unclear.

As a result, you've got compact maps with good Heretic gameplay, not very easy skill level (for me at least), in any case, I had a good time playing, thanks! If suddenly you decide to continue - let me know, I have small ideas for such maps, it would be good to make a full episode. But again, I do not think that you will get many feedback for this work...

Attaching Max movie demo record in vanilla format for current wad version, maybe someone will be interested. I think it's luck, but for playback this demo do not need limit-removing port, vvHeretic4 or Chocolate Heretic 2.3.0 can be used. But I think, that limit-removing needs a minimum for E1M2 in this wad, where sometimes in the usual situation it is possible to catch the excess for visplanes.

hpmPMAD2.zip

@PVS To be honest i didn't stop because no one was interested in this i just stopped because i have school and social life which made this very hard for me to continue making,i will probably do a second project in summer because then i have more free time to map.Also D'Sparil was supposed to be a "Oh shit!" moment.

That's too bad, it was a cool idea. Guess it'll have to just be a summer project.