Find results in...
_42_

Doomguy VS Master Chief

Who would win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Doomguy
    • Master Chief

Now, this may be biased, but I'm just curious who would win in a given fight. Be honest now, I don't want things like "Oh, this is Doomworld, so obviously Doomguy!" no, honesty. Your beliefs. 

That completely depends on where they fight. Mastechief coems across as being tactical, in a large open arena full of obsticles he'l greatly have the advantage. Doomguy is a straight up beast who seems more suited to enclosed desolate halls and corridors.

Are powerups allowed? is the full arsenal across all games allowed? vehicles? Which masterchief/doomguy from what game is competing? These things will factor in the winner in my opinion.
If any version of doomguy has his powerups like berserk and invulnerable/invisibility sphere then its seriously no contest.

Edited by Ermi

13 minutes ago, Ermi said:

Are powerups allowed? is the full arsenal across all games allowed? vehicles? Which masterchief/doomguy from what game is competing? These things will factor in the winner in my opinion.
If any version of doomguy has his powerups like berserk and invulnerable/invisibility sphere then its seriously no contest.

No powerups, no full arsenal, just your basic weaponry. and the new Doomguy and Chief. Forgot to mention that. My fault.

The lead of Doom is superior to the lead of Halo. He always was and always will be.  

I'm sure you'd love to concoct a scenario and create nuance in context, but its bunk.

Depends on the enviroment both contestants are in, really. Master Chief would fit more open areas while Doomguy is more advanced in closed-up areas.

I've always said that, if we're going by story, Chief is an augmented super human while Doomguy is a normal yet very tough human, so Chief would win. However if we're going by gameplay, Doomguy is much faster travelling at 2-3x Cheif's speed and has an arguably stronger arsenal, especially in the BFG which can deal thousands of damage points in a single shot, so Doomguy would win.

Related side-rant: They really need to take the super smash bros concept of merging a bunch of characters into a fighting game and apply it to the world of FPS. Imagine an actual high-budget modern game developed where you could pick from like 20 fps protagonists and have them go at it in a deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, king of the hill, etc? Like a greatly extended version of Samsara. I've always wanted that and think it would be a huge success.

I'm gonna go with Doom Guy (or is it DoomGuy?) on this one: he literally went to hell and back and came back in one piece. Master Chief is a chump by comparison. It's no contest, really.

9 hours ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

(wat)

lol stupid video, Isn't doomguy supposedly faster than Master chief, Master chief was jumping all over the place while doomguy was walking slow as a turtle.

I'll tell you who loses that battle. Mankind. We don't need to go having our heroes duke it out for our amusement. They need to get back killing monsters, aliens and monstrous aliens!

As someone who has never played Halo, I was always confused that Halo had such similar looking armor so I thought it was a spinoff that managed to be from a different company. Then again I guess Doomguy's visor is transparent, his helmet is grey and his armor lets his ripped biceps ripple.

Edited by geo

2 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

lol stupid video, Isn't doomguy supposedly faster than Master chief, Master chief was jumping all over the place while doomguy was walking slow as a turtle.

^ actually this. Doomguy doesn't even move at all until close to the very end of the battle, and when he does...

As for me, I would say Doomguy honestly. Sure Master Chief has some serious arsenal at his disposal but Doomguy is much faster, and has also been to Hell repeatedly, always coming back in one piece.

Edited by Agent6

Now this is a topic I didn't think I'd see in 2018.

I'll say Doomguy (classic) because I haven't played Halo (or Doom 2016) and I like Doomguy.

Another way to decide the winner is to use there enemies as a factor.
Masterchiefs aliens vs Doomguys demons. Which ever of the 2 armies win will obviously decide who is stronger of the 2 heroes.

I also forgot to mention, unlike masterchief, doomguy has no regenerating health which could also be the deciding factor. Masterchief could simple hide and camp when hurt an regenerate, Doomguy would have to rely on 1 single shot from the bfg to win because he cant afford to prolong the fight.

^ Even though I haven't played Halo I can say this isn't a good way of going about it.

Aliens are like an actual army with actual intelligence and equipment. Demons on the other hand seem to be inferior in terms of tactics (and possibly firepower) with their main strength being almost infinite numbers (If the IWADS are anything to go by and it's HELL)

10 hours ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

Is DeathBattle the reason ScrewAttack was bought out? Looks like everything else was thrown off the site.

In terms of basic arsenal, Master Chief has a stupidly powerful and accurate pistol that would likely down any incarnation of the Doom Guy in like one or two headshots, all while the Doom Guy has to flounder around with one of the Doom series's various wimpy handguns. Even in melee, Master Chief has an advantage in this case, because his melee attacks are powerful enough to instantly break a Spartan's energy shield in one blow and then instantly kill an armored, superhuman Spartan with a second, or even take down a shielded one in a single blow if he can smack 'em in the back of the neck. Doom Guy ... I mean, Doom '16 Guy has some pretty terrifying strength when he can get next to stunned enemies, but even his normal melee attacks are pretty underwhelming against anything tougher than the emancipated, mostly dead zombie equivalents of this game.

As soon as you add other factors in, though, it becomes extremely variable. As others have said, Master Chief completely outdoes any Doom Guy in long range combat, and even the quick Doom Guys would just get easily gunned down by a Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Spartan Laser, etc. - even, again, Master Chief's pistol would completely destroy the Doom Guy in long ranges if we're keeping to his Halo 1 pistol. Even which such a clear cut strength, however, Master Chief doesn't have all that many clear cut weaknesses in his arsenal - the Halo games really do have a pretty versatile arsenal with strong weapons for almost every situation. The big drawback that Master Chief suffers from in this case is that, as versatile as his arsenal is, he's actually pretty damn limited in spite of this due to only being able to pack two or three ( depending on if he's dual-wielding or not ) guns, a handful of grenades, and some form of utility gadget. So while Doom Guy might start out with no real advantage any fire fight if Master Chief comes prepared, he does have the advantage of being able to instantly adapt to any new situation while Master Chief would have to track down some new weapons to do the same.

That said, things still don't look the best in my eyes for Doom Guy, just because of Master Chief's shield. See, as much as most Doom Guys would be able to control the tempo of the fight pretty well with their incredible mobility ( especially in the case of Doom '16 Guy, thanks to his amazing vertical mobility for a FPS protag ) and full access to their entire arsenal, it really doesn't seem like any single Doom Guy's arsenal would really be able to kill Master Chief faster than he could turn the fight with some well-timed melees, or plasma grenade, or well-aimed shots - at least, outside of Doom Guy's super weapons. A good shot with the classic BFG, though not the easiest to achieve vs. someone like him, would be very likely to annihilate Master Chief instantly. And the '16 BFG and likely the chainsaw? I really doubt Master Chief could really survive anything but completely stupid usage of 'em, and with the BFG I even doubt most stupid usage would fail against him.

In conclusion, I have no idea why the two of these guys would fight. I doubt the two of them would get along all the great, mind, but they both have humanity's interests at heart and will fight hordes of powerful, inhuman creatures to make sure the human race will survive to see another sunrise. Really, the question should be how the Covenant would fare against the demons of Hell, since even if those two groups both want to get rid of humanity, they'd almost certainly want to get rid of each other as well.

Sorry, but the enhanced supersoldier with advanced alien weaponry, cybernetic augmentation, and energized particle shields is the one who wins.  And the whole thing about Doomguy being fast has nothing to do with the story. That's just the way the engine is.

For the record, I think the Halo games are mediocre. 

Edited by Ajora

I guess it all depends on where the battle is happening, what weapons are available, all that stuff, but I'd say that the Doomguy has an amazing chance. With the speed he runs at, the things that he's been through, and the BFG9000 on his side, he could probably destroy Master Chief. 

I'd say DoomGuy, he can literally outrun ROCKETS. Considering this he could probably catch or outrun Chief in any of his vehicles and outrun the projectiles fired by his non hitscan weaponry.

13 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

Who would win- an Imp or twenty rabid hamsters?

If you had said 20 rabid guinea pigs or 20 rabid capybaras, I would've said either of 2 over Imps(s). But, hamsters are tiny and Imps have fireballs.

17 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

I guess it all depends on where the battle is happening, what weapons are available, all that stuff, but I'd say that the Doomguy has an amazing chance. With the speed he runs at, the things that he's been through, and the BFG9000 on his side, he could probably destroy Master Chief. 

fIWubGr.gif

Since this old thread got bumped, let's take a different spin on it. Doomguy VS Master Chief: Who would win in a staring contest?

On 2/10/2018 at 7:59 AM, Ermi said:

Another way to decide the winner is to use there enemies as a factor.
Masterchiefs aliens vs Doomguys demons. Which ever of the 2 armies win will obviously decide who is stronger of the 2 heroes.

I'd have to agree with this, and I'd have to put my money on Hell winning that fight.

It's not clear if Hell's demons are indeed infinite (it's assumed they are), but it is clear that they're capable of taking the fight to the stars (or, at least, space), given what's written in the Final Doom manual for the backstory of TNT.

Also, the lore in Doom 2016 is extensive enough that one could make an educated guess of Halo vs Doom (2016) on the ground (not in space), and I'm thinking that the weapons of Doom 2016 are far more powerful than those of Halo (.50 BMG (Doom) vs 7.62mm (Halo) for the assault rifles).

https://www.halopedia.org/MA5C_assault_rifle

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Heavy_assault_rifle

And, since Earth apparently loses in Doom Eternal, even this impressive arsenal isn't powerful enough to stave off the (presumably) incredibly weakened Hell after the Well was closed and the Spider Mastermind killed.

TL;DR: Since I think Hell would win over the Covenant, I'd have to hand it to Doomguy and/or Doom Slayer.

Now, who would win in a staring contest?

That's a question that will be with us for the ages.