Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedemptionDenied

Doombuilder 2 and PSX / GZDoom related Question

Hey there fellow Doom lovers, I've always prefered the PSX Version over the PC version but over the years I've found out that alot of the maps have been cut out due to ram issues and after that ive watched tons of lets plays and doom custom map related content.

Since we're blessed with the PSX Total Conversion via GZDOOM I thought to myself, lets try and create some custom maps!

Now I'm trying to use Doombuilder2 and I'd like to know how to solve the following problems:

I'm using the p3k.files exclusively to edit the map

How do I integrade the Wad (with the map/s) that I've created into the actual game - is that even possible? or do I have to stick without the psx conersion

The Lava and the Skybox isnt working (both stale textures) - is that a file related problem or will it actually work if I startup the game? - at least its not working in the "Test run" mode

Sorry in advance if these questions sound noobish or dumb but I've written my last exams and I'm literally sitting on this custom map thing the whole day for the past week and I couldnt figure these out.

cheers

Hello!

yes and yes, I've read that very same article already and tried to understand it - now followed your advice and it worked immediately, took only like 2-3 minutes repacking and throwing out the old maps of the folder and rename the rar into pk3^^

Thank you very much!

so all thats left is to ask why the sky box doesnt work and the lava isnt animated :)

Edited by RedemptionDenied

4 hours ago, RedemptionDenied said:

... and rename the rar into pk3^^

That probably is your problem.

As the aforementioned website points out, 

The PK3 file format is the same as the ZIP file format, and is treated exactly the same by ZDoom.

which is to say do not use rar.

Hello,

I dont have any issues with file names whatsoever and I've read that article even before I downloaded Doombuilder and Empyre taught me how to get the maps running 'ingame' and that wasnt a filename issue at all :)

As the aforementioned website points out, 

The PK3 file format is the same as the ZIP file format, and is treated exactly the same by ZDoom.

which is to say do not use rar.

So do I have to assume the skybox issue has a relation to the filename?

regards

Rar and zip are not just different file names. They are different file types. A pk3 is a zip file and a pk7 is a 7z file, and neither one is a rar file. I am surprised that GZDoom could do anything at all with your rar fie. To be safe, use Slade to make a new zip archive (in the File menu), and then you will know for sure that it is a supported format.

Hey there!

who said I'm using "rar" files in the first place ? I just renamed the .pk3 filename extension into .rar files to see if the way Empyre told me to get the map into the game - no big deal - and at no point did I do that until Empyre suggested the mapfolder thing^^

I never did use / include a rar file or any other file than the pk3 files into the editor's resource pool :)

But this still doesn't seem to have any relation with the skybox not working though.. I assume it is a texture file thats not working properly

To specify my problem - I have like 1-8 skytextures and they all look like this 

cheers!

Screenshot_Doom_20180212_122853.png

Edited by RedemptionDenied